ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

If it’s just meta data for price transparency that’s one thing…. but once you start actually matching it up to people from an online chat forum… especially if you are looking at mortgage data….

It’s not going to make a seller or broker lower their price…

Just gives me a cringe factor….
I apologize. It is never meant to make anyone uncomfortable. Generally I never actually look at the names of either the buyer or seller. I mean they are there but it is not like I could tell you who they are without going to look at the data again.

There are exceptions but that really is on LLC’s and things not individual names.

Since it seems to bother a poster that I make copies I will stop that. I really don’t need that for what I am doing.

Again my apologies to anyone that is concerned about this.

I apologize. It is never meant to make anyone uncomfortable. Generally I never actually look at the names of either the buyer or seller. I mean they are there but it is not like I could tell you who they are without going to look at the data again.

There are exceptions but that really is on LLC’s and things not individual names.

Since it seems to bother a poster that I make copies I will stop that. I really don’t need that for what I am doing.

Again my apologies to anyone that is concerned about this.
I think it's helpful that you're aggregating already public data. It's educating me on being a better negotiator, and the only negative I see is that it's making me want to take a swing at another BLT contract :D

If people are concerned about this information being out there, I would suggest they should purchase with a trust or LLC. There are many groups/organizations/etc. already scraping this type of public data and using it for their profile and marketing purposes.

If people are concerned about this information being out there, I would suggest they should purchase with a trust or LLC. There are many groups/organizations/etc. already scraping this type of public data and using it for their profile and marketing purposes.
I don't actually mind my information being out there. It can even be quite useful as it's something to refer people to if renting out points. What I do object to is my personal information being linked to my username on an 'anonymous' forum.

Among other things, this is somewhere that many of us feel free to discuss when and how long we'll be staying at certain resorts, and therefore away from our homes. I appreciate that anyone could tie the information together if they really wanted to, but I wouldn't want someone blatantly discussing those kind of personal details on here. I realise that that hasn't happened yet, but I also felt uncomfortable that deeds were being discussed in relation to specific usernames. We should just discourage that kind of thing from being shared, rather than forcing people to change how they purchase!

I'm more of the mindset that everyone's information is already out there and readily available to the wrong kind of people, it's just a matter of when/if they choose to use it. And if you are posting in a public forum, you are never completely anonymous, which you may not want to do if you aren't comfortable with that fact. I don't think there are any bad intentions here, just data gathering for informational purposes. Now if someone bumps into you on the street and says, oh hey, aren't you X from Disboards? then yes please run to your nearest police station.

Let's try to get back to this thread being about peoples ROFR. If you want to discuss other things, we now have a thread about things tangent to ROFR.

It is much easy to find and include the data in the first post if there is not a ton of off topic conversations! Thanks all!

Buying back a large stripped contract…. hmmm….
Another large one too. I’m not sure if would have called this “intensifying” based on one additional ROFR—but I do think another wave shows more commitment to supporting PVB prices… but what does it say about CCV/BLT/RIV that are already lower? Only active sales will be supported or where they have no points (VGF)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter