ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh that's rude!!!
Not really ,if still meet the closing date in contract. I know a lot of contracts have closed before the closing date stated in contract but as long as they are staying true to contract, then they are doing nothing wrong.

Not really ,if still meet the closing date in contract. I know a lot of contracts have closed before the closing date stated in contract but as long as they are staying true to contract, then they are doing nothing wrong.
Also, they were probably told 30-45 days for ROFR, so they could have easily figured it wouldn't be done until they were back from their trip.

Last edited:
It’s still rude, they could have had the courtesy to let the title company know their status.

I have had an offer for a 170 point contract (SSR 2023 149, 2024 170 at $95 a point) accepted through DVCResalemarket. I had read on here that Mason is very good for contracts so mentioned this and Sue (the agent, who has been very good) said they only use him for Hilton head and use Magic Vacation Title. Has anyone had any problems with this company? I can use Mason but closing costs may be different to the estimate given.

I have had an offer for a 170 point contract (SSR 2023 149, 2024 170 at $95 a point) accepted through DVCResalemarket. I had read on here that Mason is very good for contracts so mentioned this and Sue (the agent, who has been very good) said they only use him for Hilton head and use Magic Vacation Title. Has anyone had any problems with this company? I can use Mason but closing costs may be different to the estimate given.
I didn’t have any problems using them. In my experience, magic was much much slower than mason but no issues.

I didn’t have any problems using them. In my experience, magic was much much slower than mason but no issues.
Thank you, one of the reasons given is so they can control pace of closing so I thought it would be quicker.

We recently had two contracts purchased through DVC Resale Market (and Sue!) with Magic Vacation Title that went quite quickly. Both were closed within 8 days of passing ROFR. No complaints from me.

I just find it funny. If I were selling a contract I would try and get my docs in ASAP. Who doesn't want their money faster lol?
Seller probably didn’t think ROFR would go through quickly and if they’re leaving for an international trip, they’re probably busy getting ready for that trip and wouldn’t have time to stop at a notary anyway. Could’ve been an emergency trip for all we know and seeing off their DVC contract is the last thing on their mind.

I cant post on the closing timeline board for some reason but I just closed on a SSR contract using Mason (with Marcelo). Bid on contract 2/10. Offer accepted 2/10. Contracts signed 2/11. Sent to ROFR 2/13. Passed 2/24. Received and returned closing docs and sent funds 2/28. Closed and recorded to OCC 3/7. My first resale purchase took well over 60 days so this was really quick.

Now hopefully the points will be loaded quickly as I have some expiring soon and need to find a fun way to use! Thinking one night in a cabin or bungalow!?

Headed up later today for my TRON AP preview staying 1st time at BLT (rented someone else's confirmed for this).

First post and it’s a good one! Just cleared ROFR on 145 points at WL/CCV, $150 per point. Sent for ROFR on 2.28 and passed today! 0/2023 and 145/2024

Now we’re hooked and want to go after a fully loaded contract at a similar price! This time, POLY!

Thank you all for the info on this forum, it has been very helpful.

I have used at least 4 different title companies and honestly, my experience has been good with all of them. Yes, there was sometimes a slight difference in timeline for closing documents after ROFR, but to be honest, they all closed within a few weeks...except one which took a month due to seller being slow....so it was not that big of a deal

I had read on here that Mason is very good for contracts so mentioned this and Sue (the agent, who has been very good) said they only use him for Hilton head and use Magic Vacation Title.
Not to throw shade at anyone, but Florida law prohibits a seller or their agents from requiring that a buyer use a particular title company. They may require an additional fee as that cost is often assumed by the seller, but they can’t force you to use any particular title company.

Not to throw shade at anyone, but Florida law prohibits a seller or their agents from requiring that a buyer use a particular title company. They may require an additional fee as that cost is often assumed by the seller, but they can’t force you to use any particular title company.
Thank you but she did say I could use him just the closing fee may be different to that previously quoted. I was just generally wondering if there was a great advantage to paying more for him.

I've used both and while I definitely prefer Mason, Magic Vacation Title is fine as well. As you've discovered they are the title company of choice for DVC Resale Market which is one of the largest in the business. They handle a lot of DVC contracts. Mason is widely considered the best title company on these boards for a reason, though. They are fast and accurate. I've had to send things back to other title companies (including Magic Vacation Title) because I found errors in the paperwork, but never with Mason.

I'll also point out that Magic Vacation Title is very backed up right now. The rapid pace of ROFR decisions has apparently caught them off guard. Our contract passed on 2/24 and we are still waiting on closing documents. I'm not too concerned as we aren't in a hurry for the points and because ROFR happened so quickly this time we really are no further behind schedule than we've been for any other contract we bought. Still, if you're in a hurry I'd go with Mason.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing; hopefully you can add it to the Closing Time thread later.
Have fun on TRON. We left WDW 2/20, so missed the opportunity by a couple weeks, but we’ll be back in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter