ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used both and while I definitely prefer Mason, Magic Vacation Title is fine as well. As you've discovered they are the title company of choice for DVC Resale Market which is one of the largest in the business. They handle a lot of DVC contracts. Mason is widely considered the best title company on these boards for a reason, though. They are fast and accurate. I've had to send things back to other title companies (including Magic Vacation Title) because I found errors in the paperwork, but never with Mason.

I'll also point out that Magic Vacation Title is very backed up right now. The rapid pace of ROFR decisions has apparently caught them off guard. Our contract passed on 2/24 and we are still waiting on closing documents. I'm not too concerned as we aren't in a hurry for the points and because ROFR happened so quickly this time we really are no further behind schedule than we've been for any other contract we bought. Still, if you're in a hurry I'd go with Mason.
I’m not in a hurry as we’re not returning until August 2024 but it does worry me it there have been errors on closing documents as I’m not sure I have enough knowledge to spot them.

ROFR was rather painless. Now the question is how long for the closing documents to be completed? It might be much longer?

JohnGry—$120-$23199-186-BWV-Dec-147/22,186/23/186/24- sent 2/25, passed 3/7
Yes, I am estimating possibly double the amount of time based on what others who have posted about it taking much longer to get the closing documents, receiving documents back from seller and buyer to be prepped for closing. Also I have heard Disney is taking more time to record and load points as well.

But really the hardest part buying resale in the past has always been getting it to pass ROFR in the 1st place.
So we've done that!

I’m not in a hurry as we’re not returning until August 2024 but it does worry me it there have been errors on closing documents as I’m not sure I have enough knowledge to spot them.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about that. On our last one with them they left my son's name off the contract - something you'd easily spot. It's always been stuff like that with other companies. Our son is an adult and we've included him on all of our contracts. Somehow that seems to get overlooked, or they will put the wrong relationship category on there. It's always been very obvious.

We've bought several resale contracts (and lost several more to ROFR) and have used four different title companies in that process. They all closed just fine and I'd work with any of them again. Mason is the best IMHO, but if you aren't in a hurry the others will get the job done!

Yes, I am estimating possibly double the amount of time based on what others who have posted about it taking much longer to get the closing documents, receiving documents back from seller and buyer to be prepped for closing. Also I have heard Disney is taking more time to record and load points as well.

But really the hardest part buying resale in the past has always been getting it to pass ROFR in the 1st place.
So we've done that!
Yes, we passed on 2/24 and are still waiting on closing docs from magic vacation title. while i agree that ROFR is the worst part of buying resale, it also depends on how soon you need those points. i have a trip planned in november and was hoping to have my new contract loaded and ready to go by 4/14, when our seven month mark opens and we can modify our resort/room. i'm a little nervous that we won't make it in time!

I would like to replace a cash trip in late August 2023 with the use of my newly purchased points. What would be the latest I would need my contract finalized and my points showing in my account?

I would not cancel my cash reservation until after I book a new trip with my points.

I can cancel the cash reservation 30 days or more prior to the trip.

I am flexible on what resort I can book. Looking at a 1 bedroom.

Yes, we passed on 2/24 and are still waiting on closing docs from magic vacation title. while i agree that ROFR is the worst part of buying resale, it also depends on how soon you need those points. i have a trip planned in november and was hoping to have my new contract loaded and ready to go by 4/14, when our seven month mark opens and we can modify our resort/room. i'm a little nervous that we won't make it in time!
It might help to see how others who are going through closing right now are doing on a different thread on this board.The last few pages are about what is currently passing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3836891/page-146

I think it could be as long as 2 months for everything to finish up but if the title companies work quickly and the seller is quick to return your documents you could have it by 4/14 or sooner.

I hope things go fast for you and you get the reservation you want.
Hopefully this is encouraging to know that sometimes modifications to a reservation are easier to do than then getting the initial reservation.
Example: adding 1 day almost always works.

I would like to replace a cash trip in late August 2023 with the use of my newly purchased points. What would be the latest I would need my contract finalized and my points showing in my account?

I would not cancel my cash reservation until after I book a new trip with my points.

I can cancel the cash reservation 30 days or more prior to the trip.

I am flexible on what resort I can book. Looking at a 1 bedroom.
If you're ok with Saratoga, you should be able to book a 1BR there like a month out.

crazycatlady---$105-$14219-120-AKV-Oct-0/21, 60/22, 120/23, 120/24- sent 3/8

Very excited!! Our very first contract and so far it is going very quickly and smoothly.

We made the offer on Sunday (5th) and it got the accepted later that night, although we didn't see it until the next am.
We sent the info that was needed on Monday (6th), got the docs to sign Tuesday (7th), which we and the sellers both signed that day, and the contract was sent to Disney on Wednesday am (8th).

I am hoping that the current trend of passing ROFR holds on for us!

Last edited:
I would be

I run the availability database and so far, there are a significant 1 bedrooms available at many resorts.

If that information is accurate

Those are not real time availability but run a few times a day. Things change often so until ohe can book, it doesn’t matter. What is there today could be gone tomorrow and vice versa. That is why we do not allow owners to post what they see on the website.

Also, at 60 days out, they can offer the rooms not booked by owners for breakage which can remove them from the booking of owners.

Seeing you want a 1 bedroom and end of August, there is a good chance if you can book in the next month, something should be there

I generally don't post my buys/sells, but just had two passes - 125 at CCV on a loaded 200pt contract and 90 at SSR on a loaded 200 point contract. ROFR took 7 days. Disney is clearly not putting a floor under things. Good luck to all putting offers out there as we try to find how low the elevator goes!

It might help to see how others who are going through closing right now are doing on a different thread on this board.The last few pages are about what is currently passing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3836891/page-146

I think it could be as long as 2 months for everything to finish up but if the title companies work quickly and the seller is quick to return your documents you could have it by 4/14 or sooner.

I hope things go fast for you and you get the reservation you want.
Hopefully this is encouraging to know that sometimes modifications to a reservation are easier to do than then getting the initial reservation.
Example: adding 1 day almost always works.
Thank you! I'm on that thread as well ha ha. Looks like Mason has been faster than *** and it's hard to tell about the current timelines because I feel like the influx of passings has increased in just hte last few weeks.

Why do some resale broker's charge an admin fee (often assumed to be paid by the buyer) and others don't? Is it just more money for the broker right off the top or is it a different way to distribute fees that exist with all broker, maybe the other brokers charge it all to the seller?

I generally don't post my buys/sells, but just had two passes - 125 at CCV on a loaded 200pt contract and 90 at SSR on a loaded 200 point contract. ROFR took 7 days. Disney is clearly not putting a floor under things. Good luck to all putting offers out there as we try to find how low the elevator goes!
Dang, that CCV price! I am getting ready to bid on smaller CCV contract and was considering offering $140. Had it been sitting a while?

at what point does buying Vero makes sense?! I know their dues are high but if the initial buy in is this low, and these points can be used anywhere except for Riviera, one starts to wonder........
My thoughts exactly... new SAPs? I mean, 200 pts can get you pretty much any 1BR at 7months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter