ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have much experience with addendums and what that did to your ROFR timeline? We went to ROFR on 1/16 and it’s killing me 😅 The second contract also ended up with one, so we have longer to wait on that too 🤦‍♀️
No one really knows. From my experience, the contract that had an addendum took 90+ days to close and for the points to load. Another without an addendum also took 90+ days. My last one with Fidelity without any addendums took 60. It’s all luck and timing in which you have no control over.

MrWonderful---$125-$13983-100-BLT-Aug-0/22, 133/23, 100/24- sent 2/9

Fingers crossed. I know this could go either way.
Shawn Ray at Fidelity was super professional. Presented my offer without guff, and was just as surprised as I was. Fully recommend her.
Nice!

We had the exact same experience with Shawn. Would also recommend her!

There was one that passed at $100 per point with 100 points last month....$92 isn't that far off. The contract is only $800 dollars difference. That's not a big enough difference, at least to me, for Disney to say wow, we want this one and not that one.

It’s also a stripped contract. People shouldn’t just look at the ppp and neither does ROFR.

I don’t know. Most people on these boards seem to think it’s not worth more than $112 pp. i wouldn’t sell mine for less than $135pp

But if I can buy an unsubsidized for $90pp, why would I ever pay $135? That’s a 22yrish break even. No bueno.

$112pp is an attractive price point.

this is super helpful! we bought for the first time last year, when buybacks were at an all-time high, so we actually paid over asking price to ensure we passed.

i see a 60 point contract that's listed for $150 pp. you'd recommend going lower?
I would definitely go much lower, especially if you don't mind being told NO. That's the way we went into it so we didn't care if we were rejected, but we got a good seller.

60 is a small contract so they may be trying to get a bit of a premium, but $150 is still way over priced for what the market is. It also depends on how much you want it now and are comfortable paying. I would think 115 - 130 depending on how much of a rush you are in would be fair.

But if I can buy an unsubsidized for $90pp, why would I ever pay $135? That’s a 22yrish break even. No bueno.

This argument is very similar to old adage of “Why buy direct”? Because many people don’t know that resale exists. And many resale buyers don’t realize most subsidized contracts are not a great deal with AUL resale prices so low right now. Also, many people expect to hold on to contracts much longer than they actually do. So even IF they are doing math… the odds are against them in the long run.

I would definitely go much lower, especially if you don't mind being told NO. That's the way we went into it so we didn't care if we were rejected, but we got a good seller.

60 is a small contract so they may be trying to get a bit of a premium, but $150 is still way over priced for what the market is. It also depends on how much you want it now and are comfortable paying. I would think 115 - 130 depending on how much of a rush you are in would be fair.
The lowest price currently for a 60-point BWV contract on any of the major resale sites is $149. No seller is going to drop 20%+ without comps, and those must not exist because the high end on those same sites is right around $160 PP.

Our BWV just passed at the end of January. 58 points for $115 a point.
What a contract passes ROFR for and what a seller is willing to take, can be two very different things. Arguably, based on ROFR, you could offer $25 PP on a Riviera contract (understanding that yes, it's still in active sales) and there's a non-zero chance that it could pass ROFR.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that you got that contract, but I'm just tempering expectations in anticipation of someone coming back here in a few days steamed that they know a contract cleared ROFR at $115, but when they offered that on a contract listed at $150, the seller wouldn't even entertain their offer.

What a contract passes ROFR for and what a seller is willing to take, can be two very different things. Arguably, based on ROFR, you could offer $25 PP on a Riviera contract (understanding that yes, it's still in active sales) and there's a non-zero chance that it could pass ROFR.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that you got that contract, but I'm just tempering expectations in anticipation of someone coming back here in a few days steamed that they know a contract cleared ROFR at $115, but when they offered that on a contract listed at $150, the seller wouldn't even entertain their offer.
You are correct, perhaps I worded that incorrectly. I should have said we purchased a BWV contract and the seller priced it at $115 per point.

I’m not saying this is the norm, I’m just providing the original poster with my recent experience.

You are correct, perhaps I worded that incorrectly. I should have said we purchased a BWV contract and the seller priced it at $115 per point.

I’m not saying this is the norm, I’m just providing the original poster with my recent experience.
Good point. But since we want the same UY as our current contract at OKW, we know we have to be a little pickier. The small contracts we're seeing for BWV with a June UY are around $150 a point. We think we can go a little lower, but not sure how low the seller will entertain. Thank you all!

Yes ,it was listed for $102. When did you offer ?,it was only listed as being on for, I think I remember ,18 days. I was really just testing the waters and offered the $92 and really did not think would be accepted . Very surprised when accepted with no counter. Most of the other BRV contracts for sale are above $110.
I wish I had seen your offer before we offered on our listing for 200 points haha... we agreed on $112 per point but I wish we could have gotten them to agree to a little lower... the listing was originally at $118 per point.

Good point. But since we want the same UY as our current contract at OKW, we know we have to be a little pickier. The small contracts we're seeing for BWV with a June UY are around $150 a point. We think we can go a little lower, but not sure how low the seller will entertain. Thank you all!
We've been contemplating buying some points at an Epcot resort lately, mainly focusing on BCV but not entirely crossing BWV off the list, so we've been loosely monitoring small contract prices at both, and they seem to be holding steady more than most others.

MrWonderful---$125-$13983-100-BLT-Aug-0/22, 133/23, 100/24- sent 2/9

Fingers crossed. I know this could go either way.
Shawn Ray at Fidelity was super professional. Presented my offer without guff, and was just as surprised as I was. Fully recommend her.
What was the original asking price?

Though these boards occasionally show some incredible deal on a subsidized Aulani contract, I think any seller who’s not desperate, who has the UY you want, can get considerably more.

I also wonder how many of these deals, on all resorts, require the buyer to get an additional UY. For me, there’s no amount of savings that would justify that inconvenience for years and years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter