ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is super fun to post! This was with Fidelity. I called today for a follow-up and I passed yesterday. They say American title is backed up as well. So we will see when I get the closing papers, but at least i know i passed...

rundisney79---$118-$27130-210-BWV-Dec-420/18, 210/19, 210/20-Seller Pay MF 17&18- sent 1/30, passed 2/28
Whooooeeee Huge Congrats, that's a fabulous contract, really pleased for you - hope you get many years of joy from your points :)

:cheer2:
Ladylvstramp---$125-$23029-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 85/19, 175/20, 175/21-Dues Pro Rated- sent 2/20 passed 3/1

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT I AM STILL IN SHOCK !!!
awww it's lovely to read such good news :) especially after all the really long waits some have experienced Congratulations - sooo pleased for you. Wishing you many happy hours of Disney Magic :cheer2:

Ladylvstramp---$125-$23029-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 85/19, 175/20, 175/21-Dues Pro Rated- sent 2/20 passed 3/1

I have to admit it is a shock to get this we tried for a 160 pt contract before the new limited use in January took effect. We bid $133 on that contract and it is a weird timeline after
that. We waited over 30 days for Disney to take it at $133 a point. The same day we offered $125 on a listing posted at $135 a point I think. We sent the deposit Friday 2/22 and
they sent the contract to Disney on 2/20. A few days into that offer on Sat the 2/23 I get a phone call from our Guide offering us points at $225 for BLT. I email my Guide telling him not interested in paying $225 for BLT. Today I was tempted to call even though it has not been too long but low and behold I get a call mid day that we passed today!

I do not know all the particulars but I do believe this owner was close to foreclosure on this property I don't know if that made the difference. I only found out about foreclosure issues looming after we made our offer. We were told this had to be a fast closing no problem since we still had our financing in place from the first one taken. I figured we could help them out at any rate if Disney did buy it back they would still be out from under it. We would get our deposit back and keep trying if it did not pass. Believe me after having a $133 taken I never expected an offer for less to pass. Perhaps someone out there understands the foreclosure issues I do not. Less than $100 difference from the first offer we made and for 15 more points in this contract. A blessing we were able to help a rather desperate seller get out from under this and we are grateful believe me.

All I can say is keep trying and don't be afraid to offer what you feel you can afford or what is fair with all the new limitations on resale eventually you will get one that passes!

Last edited:
sndral---$110-$12303-100-AKV-Dec-0/17, 100/18, 100/19, 100/20- sent 2/3, passed 2/28

Learned I’d passed this morning when I saw Mason Title’s email w/ my closing documents.
I would contact your broker and make sure. I got super excited when we received our closing documents. However, our contract was taken four days later.

I have to admit it is a shock to get this we tried for a 160 pt contract before the new limited use in January took effect. We bid $133 on that contract and it is a weird timeline after
that. We waited over 30 days for Disney to take it at $133 a point. The same day we offered $125 on a listing posted at $135 a point I think. We sent the deposit Friday 2/22 and
they sent the contract to Disney on 2/20. A few days into that offer on Sat the 2/23 I get a phone call from our Guide offering us points at $225 for BLT. I email my Guide telling him we
are not interested in paying $225 for BLT. Today I was tempted to call even though it has not been too long but low and behold I get a call mid day that we passed today!

I do not know all the particulars but I do believe this owner was close to foreclosure on this property I don't know if that made the difference. I only found out about foreclosure issues looming after we made our offer. We were told this had to be a fast closing no problem since we still had our financing in place from the first one taken. I figured we could help them out at any rate if Disney did buy it back they would still be out from under it. We would get our deposit back and keep trying if it did not pass. Believe me after having a $133 taken I never expected an offer for less to pass. Perhaps someone out there understands the foreclosure issues I do not. Less than $100 difference from the first offer we made and for 15 more points in this contract. A blessing we were able to help a rather desperate seller get out from under this and we are grateful believe me.

All I can say is keep trying and don't be afraid to offer what you feel you can afford or what is fair with all the new limitations on resale eventually you will get one that passes!

What broker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter