• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bdrex28 ---$96-$12480-130-SSR-Feb-0/23, 231/24, 130/25, 130/26- sent 2/23, passed 3/26

No idea why ROFR took so long.

To add insult to injury we just got told yesterday we can sign up for online notary but nothing available until 8 April. 😂😂😂

It's becoming comical at this point.

Luckily seller has already completed online notary.

bdrex28 ---$96-$12480-130-SSR-Feb-0/23, 231/24, 130/25, 130/26- sent 2/23, passed 3/26

To add insult to injury we just got told yesterday we can sign up for online notary but nothing available until 8 April. 😂😂😂

And I had thought my 7 day wait for the online Notary was bad!

Good luck bdrex28!

Arr2-D2---$135-$14895-100-CCV@WL-Dec-0/22, 97/23, 100/24, 100/25- sent 3/25

Arr2-D2---$128.5-$21363-150-CCV@WL-Dec-0/22, 56/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 3/25

Passing on this tidbit. I requested DVC Title and Escrow as I wanted to put the $7,500 credit card deposit down like I had on my last resale purchase. The broker said “Well interestingly that’s who the meeting was with that I walked out of just before you called. This will be the last time you can put that much down for a deposit as they are eating to many credit card fee’s and are lowering the credit card deposit amount to $5,000.”
Both $7,500 deposits processed so we shall see if/when this is implemented.

Arr2-D2---$135-$14895-100-CCV@WL-Dec-0/22, 97/23, 100/24, 100/25- sent 3/25

Arr2-D2---$128.5-$21363-150-CCV@WL-Dec-0/22, 56/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 3/25

Passing on this tidbit. I requested DVC Title and Escrow as I wanted to put the $7,500 credit card deposit down like I had on my last resale purchase. The broker said “Well interestingly that’s who the meeting was with that I walked out of just before you called. This will be the last time you can put that much down for a deposit as they are eating to many credit card fee’s and are lowering the credit card deposit amount to $5,000.”
Funny I wanted to do a similar thing as I can get 24 months on my CC at 0% interest. I was told a similar story by my broker that they couldn’t take a CC over $5k because of fees. My balance would be $6k. I may push the issue.

Forget that. Just print out your docs and take them to FEDEx mail. They can notarize them and scan and send them.

My max limit was $5k in March of last year.

Forget that. Just print out your docs and take them to FEDEx mail. They can notarize them and scan and send them.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

I wonder why the just don't do docusign? That's legal, I do it in my job all the time for contracts that are way higher than probably every DVC contract.

Oh well, I'll ask.

I am using Fidelity and Cammy with DVC Title & Escrow but when I buy another, and I will, I may be a bit more particular.

***I do understand I can just the weird unlucky outlier. But for our first contract it's been annoying for sure.

I see all the 3/7s coming in, but I'm still waiting. FINGERS CROSSED!

bdrex28- I know in NY you can docusign contracts, but you can't docusign closing documents like deeds/mortgages. The county clerks still insist on seeing original signatures. Some counties also have preferences for what color ink you use to sign (which now seems so antiquated).

I see all the 3/7s coming in, but I'm still waiting. FINGERS CROSSED!

bdrex28- I know in NY you can docusign contracts, but you can't docusign closing documents like deeds/mortgages. The county clerks still insist on seeing original signatures. Some counties also have preferences for what color ink you use to sign (which now seems so antiquated).

I've run into the color of ink before. Always interesting!

I assume you know to check flights incognito and go online at different dates / times ... some of the airline tracking programs seem to raise the price after you look a couple times ;)
I did NOT know that. Teach me your ways!
Definitely.. they will raise the price on you knowing that you're narrowing it down. Make use of Incognito mode!!

If you use Google Chrome, "right click on any link to open in Incognito Mode, then you know what to book once you find what is best.
1711481833674.png

Keishashadow---$130-$7281-50-BWV-Apr-39/23, 50/24, 50/25, 50/26- sent 3/26

Wasn’t even looking (really I wasn’t :rolleyes1 )

Not our BWV UY (already have two different UY). although this would be our first ‘home’ with two different UY. Will either just transfer the points and go from there every year or link res if needed.)

Wish us luck. The seller was asking $145 pp. I can live with that price for a smaller contract that isn’t stripped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter