• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure how you could ever prove one way or the other. The seller just can say it was an oversight and who would really know?

I am not sure how you could ever prove one way or the other. The seller just can say it was an oversight and who would really know?
Yeah. I'm trying to wrap my head around 1) how one would forget to disclose that at any point, but then 2) what would be the advantage to not disclosing it? But like you said, we'll probably never know!

I'm so interested to see a contract like this! I think all of us have at least thought about going after those cheap VB points, even with the yearly fees! You got a great deal, too!

I'm just curious--you don't have to say if you don't want to!--if you have a specific plan for the points, at VB or elsewhere?

Do you know if it was an oversight on their part? Or why were they trying to hide it? Just curious- bummer for how it's slowed down the process!

Yeah, Agent didn't really know why and didn't seem to buy their excuses, seems the sellers just tried to play dumb about it. I don't know what they thought they could gain, if they thought they could get one last free trip out of it or what. Seems sketchy for someone who was trying to sell quickly, apparently they had issues and wanted to move the contract asap. I'm just happy the agent seemed to be on my side with the situation and I'll gladly take the extra points with the seller paying the fees on them to save a couple hundred $.

All this thread watching is gonna drive me bananas! Plus the fact that we only just submitted on Monday! We have an RCCL cruise coming up this Friday so it’ll be a blessing to not have internet and not be obsessed with “did I offer too little?” “Will it pass?” “Do I need to have a back up listing in case it doesn’t pass rofr ?”

This is our first try with resale so I’m decidedly nervous and excited!

Just got the call that we closed on our BCV contract so hopefully we'll be getting the welcome letter from Disney soon with our membership #. Want to get some food and wine action booked asap for 2019.

Good luck to those still waiting.
We are waiting on BCV - sent 8/8. and also looking for F&W action in 2019! (you provided a link which helped us decide on just going for it on this thread earlier) Maybe we'll see each other in passing! If we pass . . . :)

All this thread watching is gonna drive me bananas! Plus the fact that we only just submitted on Monday! We have an RCCL cruise coming up this Friday so it’ll be a blessing to not have internet and not be obsessed with “did I offer too little?” “Will it pass?” “Do I need to have a back up listing in case it doesn’t pass rofr ?”

This is our first try with resale so I’m decidedly nervous and excited!

I would take your cruise in peace:)

Based on all of our research on this board and the dvcresalemarket charts, the next SSR taken at $98 will be the first one, to say nothing of $99+. I hate to be a jinx, but you shouldn't be stressing about digging up another listing when you don't need to!

When Disney does crack the $98 threshold, there will probably be extenuating circumstances like a boatload of extra points the buyer isn't paying for. Funnily enough, the first contract we tried to buy (buyer backed out after we had already mailed deposit to title company) had double '18 points we couldn't even use. We bid $97. Looking back I'm not sure we would have gotten through!

Last edited:

I would take your cruise in peace:)

Based on all of our research on this board and the dvcresalemarket charts, the next SSR taken at $98 will be the first one, to say nothing of $99+. I hate to be a jinx, but you shouldn't be stressing about digging up another listing when you don't need to!

When Disney does crack the $98 threshold, there will probably be extenuating circumstances like a boatload of extra points the buyer isn't paying for. Funny enough, the first contract we tried to buy (buyer backed out after we had already mailed deposit to title company) had double '18 points we couldn't even use. We bid $97. Looking back I'm not sure we would have gotten through!

Thanks @Carlymouse

Ugh, just talked to my agent and did not get the news I was hoping for. While our contract was not taken(yet) it has been delayed.:sad: Disney caught a discrepancy on the paperwork. Apparently the sellers had a trip booked that they didn't disclose :scared: Disney caught it and the sellers had to cancel that trip to continue on with the sale as was stated on the paperwork. That part sucks and added an extra 1-2 weeks with the sellers/agent/Disney going back and forth to get the booking cancelled and confirmed it was cancelled. I don't like waiting! :mad:
But the bonus is the agent told the sellers they would still have to pay the maintenance fees on those points as it was their mistake/deceit that led to this additional delay. As the contracts were already signed with the breakdown on the 2018 points and who was paying the maintenance fees on which points. we kept it that way and just updated the 2018 available points total. Now really hoping it passes to get an extra 33 bonus 2018 points I was not counting.
Hope it passes and it will be worth the wait with additional points.

RX8---$155-$25780-160-VGC-Jun-0/17, 13/18, 10/19, 160/20-Seller credit ‘19 MF- sent 8/15

Not included above, seller pays 2018 MF and provides a credit of $882 for used 2019 points.
Never thought to ask for credit for used points. I learn so much on these threads.

A lot of sellers might not know about the rules regarding what happens to existing reservations when selling a contract. But the agent should have application forms that clearly require disclosure of any pending reservations. So, if the seller doesn’t already know, it should come up then. I don’t see how somebody could just ‘forget’ this, unles they are very sloppy and disorganized.

We are waiting on BCV - sent 8/8. and also looking for F&W action in 2019! (you provided a link which helped us decide on just going for it on this thread earlier) Maybe we'll see each other in passing! If we pass . . . :)

We just sent our BCV to ROFR on 8/10 but it seems like weeks ago already lol! Hopefully they’ll both come through sooner rather than later. Good luck!

A lot of sellers might not know about the rules regarding what happens to existing reservations when selling a contract. But the agent should have application forms that clearly require disclosure of any pending reservations. So, if the seller doesn’t already know, it should come up then. I don’t see how somebody could just ‘forget’ this, unles they are very sloppy and disorganized.
Completely agree....on the contracts we purchased recently, as well as one we sold, it said that if points were missing from what was disclosed, those points would have to be reimbursed to the buyer at a cost of $18.00 per point.

I am aware that agents have a form for sellers to disclose current points, banked/borrow, pending reservations etc. I was pointing out this seller may have thought they could sneak in one last trip. Now that they were caught they can claim ignorance and not the agent, buyer, or Disney can prove if it was malicious or true ignorance.

Completely agree....on the contracts we purchased recently, as well as one we sold, it said that if points were missing from what was disclosed, those points would have to be reimbursed to the buyer at a cost of $18.00 per point.

Our current contract in ROFR requires a reimbursement of $20.00 per point for any “missing” points, I think its a good stipulation to have in writing.

Our current contract in ROFR requires a reimbursement of $20.00 per point for any “missing” points, I think its a good stipulation to have in writing.

I agree. I have never been burned, but it is a very good idea. I will have to consider it for any, potential, possible, future, maybe, contracts.

We have an RCCL cruise coming up this Friday so it’ll be a blessing to not have internet and not be obsessed with “did I offer too little?” “Will it pass?” “Do I need to have a back up listing in case it doesn’t pass rofr ?”

Don't kid yourself. First spot where there's an internet connection you're going to check, lol. I know I would.

Good luck.

Good luck. They rarely take BCV so I'd say your chances are high you'll be eating and drinking in 2019 as we will :)

It will be our first time at F&W. We want to start doing some of the other things Disney has to offer than just the rides now that kids are in college. Like the Safari Trek at AK. For that one we'll book AK which will also be a first for us. We've gone so many times yet there are many things we haven't done yet. Gives us reasons to keep going back.

Anyhow, looking forward to the good news that you passed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter