ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here with regard to receiving closing documents after passing ROFR - 9 days. Our first Poly visit is that much closer! Is new contract setup easier/faster once closing officially takes place if we are already DVC members?

We passed! We passed! PHEW!!! I was a little nervous - I know they haven't been taking BCV lately but I think we got a good deal with the 2018 MF paid by the seller and August UY are hard to come by for BCV. We also own at SSR so will have some points to play with :0

kaufeegurl---$129-$29244-221-BCV-Aug-0/17, 178/18, 221/19, 221/20-Seller pays 2018 MF- sent 8/8, passed 8/23

Woo hoo! Are you at 2 contracts now? I can't remember if you've hit your goal for what you want now.

Thanks Carlymouse! Has your contract closed? We're somewhere between our original plan for now and our goal for 2020 (when our twins count as people). The lead time for resale buys is so long I decided to plan ahead and keep shopping. :rolleyes:

We passed! We passed! PHEW!!! I was a little nervous - I know they haven't been taking BCV lately but I think we got a good deal with the 2018 MF paid by the seller and August UY are hard to come by for BCV. We also own at SSR so will have some points to play with :0

kaufeegurl---$129-$29244-221-BCV-Aug-0/17, 178/18, 221/19, 221/20-Seller pays 2018 MF- sent 8/8, passed 8/23

Welcome Home neighbor! BCV is our first home (just added Poly as our second). You are going to love the access to Epcot - dinner in a different country every night.

I think Disney's Tier One Objective right now is to get AKV and SSR prices up above $100. Both of them are large resorts, as Riviera will be. Disney does not want us making comparisons and drawing the conclusion that points at large resorts do not hold/increase their value.

It's a great time to storm the gates as all guards have been transferred to AKV and SSR! :)

- Mumof4mice, running for office at the Shameless Lowballer Club
Tried to submit low offer today with you as inspiration but broker said I couldn't play with MF or CC. I'm sad.

Tried to submit low offer today with you as inspiration but broker said I couldn't play with MF or CC. I'm sad.
time to move on to another broker - we have made many offers with MF and closing costs in play. just received a ROFR on one where the buyer pays 2018 MF. and i could be wrong but i thought a broker had a legal obligation to present all offers to their client unless there was an offer on the table at asking.

You definitely can! Suggest moving on to a different agent/different contract. What resort and UY are you looking for?

time to move on to another broker - we have made many offers with MF and closing costs in play. just received a ROFR on one where the buyer pays 2018 MF. and i could be wrong but i thought a broker had a legal obligation to present all offers to their client unless there was an offer on the table at asking.

Agree!

Thanks Carlymouse! Has your contract closed? We're somewhere between our original plan for now and our goal for 2020 (when our twins count as people). The lead time for resale buys is so long I decided to plan ahead and keep shopping. :rolleyes:
Still waiting for the closing docs... been 10 days, so hopefully soon!

Does anyone have a timeframe for estoppel? just want to know when i need to have the broker start nagging the title company to get the closing done ;0

You definitely can! Suggest moving on to a different agent/different contract. What resort and UY are you looking for?

I want Feb or August VGF at or under 150 points. Deals like you can do.

Or a screamin' VGC deal.

Mum, I see a cottage industry for you if you can negotiate deals for the less sophisticated people like me!

Mum, I see a cottage industry for you

Hahaha "Your personal shopper for DVC contracts" - perfect side job to satisfy my bargain hunting addiction with other people's money. I notice you joined Disboard last year. Did you buy resale last year? If you did, anything you bought would have been incredible deals today!

I would love to get my hands on a VGC contract too. At Fidelity prices or better, not at dvcresalemarket prices :eek: So I guess that's not going to happen.

Definitely!! So happy to have BCV as our home. EPCOT is our fav and I just love the atmosphere of the resort. See ya around!

Epcot is our fav as well along with Hollywood Studios which we still call MGM :D Love that resort area as we get 2 parks so close. Not to mention Cape May Cafe character breakfast and Beaches & Cream. Plus one of the best pools IMO.

Hahaha "Your personal shopper for DVC contracts" - perfect side job to satisfy my bargain hunting addiction with other people's money. I notice you joined Disboard last year. Did you buy resale last year? If you did, anything you bought would have been incredible deals today!

I would love to get my hands on a VGC contract too. At Fidelity prices or better, not at dvcresalemarket prices :eek: So I guess that's not going to happen.
I did! Got a great deal on BCV and VGC. I thought I overpaid for VGC but it's a deal at today's prices!

Seriously, you should give a seminar on DVC Resale Shopping!

Y’all should just keep submitting offers you think are fair regardless of what the broker says. It takes a bit more time and patience than offering close to asking to find a seller that will accept, but it’s worth it when someone finally does. Also, you shouldn’t care if Disney takes it since it is somewhat to be expected with a low ball. That’s probably the hardest part. They’ve taken a bunch of mine and anyone else’s who does low ball offers. I never mastered the whole “not caring” thing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter