ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third time is the charm, finally made it past ROFR! Granted, it helped that I switched to PVB instead of OKW, as they don't seem to be buying back PVBs. But I'm super happy (even if I did pay a bit more than I should have) as I love the Polynesian, it's my favorite resort!

KStash---$146-$30664-200-PVB-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 10/2, passed 10/22

Congratulations.

Third time is the charm, finally made it past ROFR! Granted, it helped that I switched to PVB instead of OKW, as they don't seem to be buying back PVBs. But I'm super happy (even if I did pay a bit more than I should have) as I love the Polynesian, it's my favorite resort!

KStash---$146-$30664-200-PVB-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 10/2, passed 10/22
Congrats Enjoy!!

Disneykate605---$140-$27650-192-BLT-Oct-0/18, 192/19, 192/20, 192/21-Seller pays MF '19- sent 10/5, passed 10/22

So excited and very relieved to hear we passed ROFR today! I was nervous last week when no one was posting ROFR results.
Congratulations to my fellow passers and good luck to those still waiting!

I was nervous last week when no one was posting ROFR results.
Congratulations to my fellow passers and good luck to those still waiting!

Seems like a lot came out today! I am hopeful mine will be soon (10/9).

Wow did you guys see the rumor that Disney is raising direct prices on sold out resorts by $50 each! If that's true that's nuts. Guess that's one way to try to force people into Rivera.

Wow seriously? That will make Riviera the cheapest on WDW property as a direct buy. Hmm weird! Seems like this will only force more resale IMO.

Wow seriously? That will make Riviera the cheapest on WDW property as a direct buy. Hmm weird! Seems like this will only force more resale IMO.
My thoughts exactly. Where did you come across this rumour?

I'd say this bolsters the idea that sales are not going so well but even sales of sold out resorts are sales; why would they forego go those sales? I guess they're assuming more people who are on wait lists but don't want to be totally ripped off, will buy riviera rather than get the resort they want at resale. Generally doesn't sound good from a sales standpoint because this would essentially be a price decrease for Riv disguised as a price increase for all others.

Would be an interesting effect on the resale market. Their strategy may be to funnel demand to resale to bring resale prices closer to that of Riv. The problem i see with that is with these new prices, they are clearly banking on demand for direct sold out resorts will disappear; if that is so why would they ever rofr a contract that is sold resale? You'd think that would counter the increased demand because that does set somewhat of a pricing floor.

Interesting no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter