ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Accepted contract. then 48 hours later. Someone behind offered and the listing agent presented it and the owner accepted that. They initially offered us to up the ante then rescinded since owner asked for FULL offer, but I wouldn't out of principle anyways as it was already previously accepted.

VERY sketchy and unprofessional on the part of the broker and they will never have my business. I didn't want to link them to give them the pleasure of eyeballs from this board.

At least the owner (member of other board) responded, apologized for the counter. He plays a part in it too, but not going to out a member. This is on the broker IMHO.
There's no DISLIKE button so I'll just say THIS IS PRETTY MUCH LAMER MOVE. (it'a a shame I can't cuss here cause it sure is a poop-y move by broker)

There is a Vero Beach contract pending for a 150 points at $55 pp with 150 points for 19 and 150 points for 20. It is the cheapest price per point I have seen in my couple of months looking. If I would have saw that earlier I might have jumped on that even with the high maintenance fees. I did quick search and it looks like the last time Disney used ROFR at Vero on a poster was a 50 point contract at $50 pp in Sept 2017.

Which Broker?

The person who dealt with this situation chooses not to post the link to the broker per board rules. Those posts, with only the name, have been deleted,

If they decide to post the link, the name of broker can be shared,

First offer ever and wasn't even planning on it until I saw the contracts. Found the same seller having two contracts. I decided to just take the plunge as I like the flexibility of the smaller contracts. I am paying 2019+2020 fees since I am getting all the points.

sethschroeder---$127-$4344-30-BWV-Sep-0/18, 30/19, 30/20, 30/21- sent 10/28

sethschroeder---$127-$7241-50-BWV-Sep-0/18, 50/19, 50/20, 50/21- sent 10/28

The person who dealt with this situation chooses not to post the link to the broker per board rules. Those posts, with only the name, have been deleted,

If they decide to post the link, the name of broker can be shared,
While I agree links are nice for reference to IMPROVE efficiency. This is an antireference and removing the name completely defeats the purpose IMHO.

adding the name and link again : DVC Magic

DVCMagic DO NOT GIVE THEM EYEBALLS or your business -

Yes. Accepted contract. then 48 hours later. Someone behind offered and the listing agent presented it and the owner accepted that. They initially offered us to up the ante then rescinded since owner asked for FULL offer, but I wouldn't out of principle anyways as it was already previously accepted.

VERY sketchy and unprofessional on the part of the broker and they will never have my business. I didn't want to link them to give them the pleasure of eyeballs from this board.

At least the owner (member of other board) responded, apologized for the counter. He plays a part in it too, but not going to out a member. This is on the broker IMHO.

Maybe try to look at it as a blessing in disguise. If the seller would back out like this, regardless of the brokers actions, they may have been difficult to work with and you would have had nothing but trouble.

I am In the process of selling and i would have never bailed on the first buyer, even if the agent contacted me to say we just got a better offer, once I had accepted,

The right one will come along!

I got lost in the thread. What's the latest "sent" date that has come back? Mine was "sent" 10/18, hoping the "window" is getting closer and closer.

So it's looking like about 2 weeks, and a day or 2. If so, Jenniebee, you're on deck! Please let us know, as I'm starting to get the itchy keyboard fingers too.

ugh same!!!!! sent on 10/9 - dying to hear back - esp once I saw people having "sent" on 10/8 and they heard back last week!
I'm 10/14 and was really hoping to hear the end of this week, but it looks like I may be waiting another week.....

not lately. VGC been stagnant. Plenty of listings on one site and been dropping steadily. This one had been on the market for nearly 2 months and had dropped lower last week, so put in a bid ....as did another apparently after ours being accepted :(

Regardless, it's a data point for everyone
That's odd, I recently sold at $203pp w/ no wait. It's still waiting ROFR right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter