ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting patiently. No news either. I’m beginning to think perhaps maybe one title company has priority over another? Or maybe they just spilled coffee on mine and forgot. 🤔
I was wondering the same thing. Does a broker or certain title company have pull with the ROFR people? It’s just so all over the place. I would love to know who the people that passed in 10-15 days used. See if there is a pattern! 🧐

I was wondering the same thing. Does a broker or certain title company have pull with the ROFR people? It’s just so all over the place. I would love to know who the people that passed in 10-15 days used. See if there is a pattern! 🧐
no pattern in title companies, i have 4 different ones. Across the board early October was snail slow. Whatever the reason, 4th Week of October Disney opened the flood gates and tons began to receive ROFR responses (the fastest ROFR was to pick off what they want most). VGF is fastest I've ever seen. presented Friday October 16th and Taken October 30th @155.

I guess they said "Boo to you", eh? :rolleyes1 :confused3

I kid. Sorry about the contract though. Put in another offer and get back in there. Good luck! You'll get the next one.
I guess they said "Boo to you", eh? :rolleyes1 :confused3

I kid. Sorry about the contract though. Put in another offer and get back in there. Good luck! You'll get the next one.
Haha yes they sad boo. Thank you 🙂 Already stalking the site‘s for my next deal 😉

So you're telling me in all the years of DVD/DVC's existence and all of the employees/castmembers that cycled through working ROFR, that not one person has spilled the beans on what that department actually looks for in a contract? What formula they use? What their process is? I find that hard to believe.....anyone else feel this way?

In which case they'd be SUPER mad at ME- I bought 100 direct for a blue card, and we've been spreading things out like crazy. My guide isn't SUPER fast at getting back to me though, I called her at the beginning of the week to say a new card I was waiting for came and she didn't call me back?? It was weird.
Yup! I super spread out too. Try to get the 90 days whenever I can. :-)

So you're telling me in all the years of DVD/DVC's existence and all of the employees/castmembers that cycled through working ROFR, that not one person has spilled the beans on what that department actually looks for in a contract? What formula they use? What their process is? I find that hard to believe.....anyone else feel this way?

No because I honestly don’t think these is one set standard and it changes all the time on purpose.

Trends can be determined, and certain resorts go through periods where it seems of more interest,

But, the needs of DVD for taking points back changes. For example, I wonder if they are taking SSR and OKW more now because they used expensive RIV points on hand to give to owners who had expired 2018 banked points.

Since what DVD owns is what is used for OTU points, maybe they are replenishing what had to be given out?

Maybe it is because they know sales for the next year will be lower than normal and it will be easier to sell those two resorts at $165 vs RIV at $195.

Let's assume hypotheticaly this was the case and there is a certain company that gets preference. Would it be safe to assume that said company would be one of the larger ones?
if so, easy enough to to test the theory.

Yup! I super spread out too. Try to get the 90 days whenever I can. :-)

It's so funny- SO many people talked about 90 days- and I was SURE my guide said something about it as well. But then I asked for it, and she said that that was only given in VERY VERY VERY rare circumstances and that it was really only 30 & 60 days. I kind of wanted to challenge her but I didn't want to be rude.

No because I honestly don’t think these is one set standard and it changes all the time on purpose.

Trends can be determined, and certain resorts go through periods where it seems of more interest,

But, the needs of DVD for taking points back changes. For example, I wonder if they are taking SSR and OKW more now because they used expensive RIV points on hand to give to owners who had expired 2018 banked points.

Since what DVD owns is what is used for OTU points, maybe they are replenishing what had to be given out?

Maybe it is because they know sales for the next year will be lower than normal and it will be easier to sell those two resorts at $165 vs RIV at $195.
agree, could be anything. its Disney's perogative.
I don't believe any specific company has more pull than another.

Last edited:
Good point! Especially since so many resale brokers are former DVC cast members.

I agree it seems like there are a lot of VGF ROFR swoops from DVC. Anything in the 150s is high danger.

slightly off topic but is anyone else having issues with the DVC website today? Getting the Seven Dwarfs when we try to log in today so we're hoping that's because our resale contract is getting added.

slightly off topic but is anyone else having issues with the DVC website today? Getting the Seven Dwarfs when we try to log in today so we're hoping that's because our resale contract is getting added.
Same issue here. Cannot access my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter