ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with AKL it’s already been sent to ROFR, last week. I feel defeated and haven’t even taken the time to calculate the total cost. I will post it after it passes, I’m nearly positive it will. 115 for 160 points. If not I’m done for now lol
Eta: I’ll post it now 😁

My3kids1989---$115-$20456-160-AKV-Jun-0/19, 255/20, 160/21, 160/22-Seller pays MF on 20- sent 11/12

Last edited:

Well. We may not end up HH owners after all. Turns out that the seller missed that they would pay 2020 MFs in the offer -- even though the offer they signed clearly calls it out and it's in the contract. I realize that $455.05 isn't a lot in the long play of ownership, but it does put the price per point up to $89.10 instead of at the adjusted $71.80 we thought we'd be paying, if by chance we were willing to concede pay the dues. And we only agreed because those 2020 MFs were being paid by the seller since we wouldn't have points coming into our account until 2021 dues need to be paid.

DH is pointing out that we did pick up VGC after making the HH offer, that HH dues went up by 6.28% in 2020 and is going up by 9.58% in 2021, and that maybe this is the universe saving us from ourselves to leave some money in our savings account and save us from high rising dues. We're going to sleep on this before making a final decision. I hate backing out at this point since I imagine a 50-point Sep UY contract is not common, but Covid did have us spending more on DVC contracts than originally intended with some great deals both resale and direct, so it's not the end of the world to not buy into HH now and see what happens in the next couple of years.

It's funny that I would have been fine if it had been taken in ROFR, but I feel awful backing out of a deal that passed ROFR. Except the seller doesn't want to honor the deal that was agreed to, so I shouldn't feel too bad about this if we do decide to back out.

Well, so it's ours after all, and at our original offer! I admit I have mixed feels, as those 2021 dues increases really made me wish this would fall through the cracks, lol. But I suspect long term we'll be happy we own there. As it's a small contract, I'm also confident that it will sell if we decide to sell it.

I also have mixed feelings just because of mixed interactions with the broker, who refused to give me information by email -- they'd respond to my emails to tell me to call, which was particularly frustrating when I'd call, get voicemail, leave a message, and we'd play phone tag, but they wouldn't give me answers on email. Which is one of the reasons this took so long to get to this point. And then when the title company asked me if I was sending over final payment, and I responded that I hadn't gotten a reply back from the broker, they told me "oh, they must've forgotten to tell you, it's all resolved, and the seller sent their closing docs and closing payment in." They CC'ed the broker -- who replied to accuse me of never calling them back. I pointed out I had, even saying I had called today, and they responded, "Hmmmmmm, Nobody has my phone but me and I dont' see anything from today." I don't know why I felt the need to reply, but I screen-shotted my phone call history to show I had in fact called them. If I wouldn't lose my deposit, I'd back out now on that alone! I'm really a pretty easy going and friendly person, but accusing me of lying gets my goad. Also, what happened to customer service? The reply from the broker was uncalled for and really unprofessional.

I also have mixed feelings just because of mixed interactions with the broker, who refused to give me information by email -- they'd respond to my emails to tell me to call, which was particularly frustrating when I'd call, get voicemail, leave a message, and we'd play phone tag, but they wouldn't give me answers on email. Which is one of the reasons this took so long to get to this point. And then when the title company asked me if I was sending over final payment, and I responded that I hadn't gotten a reply back from the broker, they told me "oh, they must've forgotten to tell you, it's all resolved, and the seller sent their closing docs and closing payment in." They CC'ed the broker -- who replied to accuse me of never calling them back. I pointed out I had, even saying I had called today, and they responded, "Hmmmmmm, Nobody has my phone but me and I dont' see anything from today." I don't know why I felt the need to reply, but I screen-shotted my phone call history to show I had in fact called them. If I wouldn't lose my deposit, I'd back out now on that alone! I'm really a pretty easy going and friendly person, but accusing me of lying gets my goad. Also, what happened to customer service? The reply from the broker was uncalled for and really unprofessional.
So sorry you had a frustrating experience!

People refusing to work over email is a huge red flag for me. Sometimes phone conversations are more efficient, but often -- especially in any kind of sales role -- it's just a way for people to avoid accountability. Any important business should be in writing.

Glad it all got sorted in the end, though! You'll go to HH, sit outside, take a sip of a drink, experience one last flash of frustration to get it out of your system, and then let it all melt away in the ocean breeze.

Its strange, not new many buying posts on here nor any answers on ROFR over the last number of days. I expect to hear early next week that Disney took my contract.

yeah I was hoping to hear today too, mine has been submitted for a week. There are some back-up ones I would bid on if mine is taken.

Has anyone who was approved quickly in November gotten their estoppel from Disney? I passed 11/11 and they are still waiting, pushing me into a December closing and adding 2021 dues onto my closing costs. Such is life, I guess, but I am dying to use those 600 banked points

Last edited:
Well, so it's ours after all, and at our original offer! I admit I have mixed feels, as those 2021 dues increases really made me wish this would fall through the cracks, lol. But I suspect long term we'll be happy we own there. As it's a small contract, I'm also confident that it will sell if we decide to sell it.

Oh, I would've totally screen-shotted my call history to send them also! That's awful!

Regardless...Welcome Home neighbor!

Has anyone who was approved quickly in November gotten their estoppel from Disney? I passed 11/19 and they are still waiting, pushing me into a December closing and adding 2021 dues onto my closing costs. Such is life, I guess, but I am dying to use those 600 banked points
Guessing you don't mean 11/19? We passed 11/4 and got ours yesterday...

Its strange, not new many buying posts on here nor any answers on ROFR over the last number of days. I expect to hear early next week that Disney took my contract.
Yes we submitted our first contract 11/11 and at that time last week i saw everybody getting answers pretty quickly so now I am nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter