ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 22.4% of OKW contracts so far bought back this year! That seems very high
I wonder if they're trying to convert as many of the OKW contracts to 2057 end dates as possible?

So Saratoga didn't work out for us, BUT I had an offer accepted on an AKL contract instead (and AKL is one of my absolute favorite places). I'll post all the info once we send it to Disney for ROFR, but I have a better feeling about this one going through.

I know the PPP is high but I am very excited I found a 50 pointer in my use year. Been wanting to stay at GCV for a long time but I can't bring myself to pay the cash prices for a room.
zakdavid---$240-$13000-50-VGC-Sep-0/19, 100/20, 50/21, 50/22- sent 10/12
ok now the wait is starting to get to me

Going to take a break for a bit.....well at least today. Probably will put it off till after Christmas but never know.
Sorry to hear this I submitted right around you too with a 50 point contract. Hoping to hear back soon

Has anyone who was approved quickly in November gotten their estoppel from Disney? I passed 11/19 and they are still waiting, pushing me into a December closing and adding 2021 dues onto my closing costs. Such is life, I guess, but I am dying to use those 600 banked points
I had a VGC contract pass 10/30, and I'm still waiting on estoppel / closing docs.

They're on a roll.

dale-n-chip---$90-$21385-230-OKW-Jun-0/19, 230/20, 230/21, 230/22- sent 11/14, taken 11/19

Nothing looks compelling right now. We have our hearts set on OKW, but we are not willing to overpay for a 2042 expiration. We weren't looking and missed our window of opportunity, but perhaps another one will open soon!

They're on a roll.

dale-n-chip---$90-$21385-230-OKW-Jun-0/19, 230/20, 230/21, 230/22- sent 11/14, taken 11/19

Nothing looks compelling right now. We have our hearts set on OKW, but we are not willing to overpay for a 2042 expiration. We weren't looking and missed our window of opportunity, but perhaps another one will open soon!
I was looking at OKW as well but didn't want to overpay for a 42 expiration. As odd as it sounds the direct OKW price is appealing since it ends in 57. Still holding out for something that really wows me, no rush at the moment. Edit: I'm sorry to see your deal get taken!

Has anyone who was approved quickly in November gotten their estoppel from Disney? I passed 11/11 and they are still waiting, pushing me into a December closing and adding 2021 dues onto my closing costs. Such is life, I guess, but I am dying to use those 600 banked points
Same here. Passed 11/11 but nothing else since then.

Has anyone who was approved quickly in November gotten their estoppel from Disney? I passed 11/11 and they are still waiting, pushing me into a December closing and adding 2021 dues onto my closing costs. Such is life, I guess, but I am dying to use those 600 banked points
Passed the fourth and nothing.

Third attempt, third time taken. Can't win for losing lately. May try another resort that they aren't buying back to the extent that they are at SSR. At least they aren't wasting time in taking them.

I Run Long---$98-$20185-200-SSR-Dec-0/19, 0/20, 200/21, 200/22- sent 11/12, taken 11/18
SSR List Prices remained steady through COVID-Spring and have ramped up quite a bit since Summer.
In the chart below, RED line is average list, Green is ROFR Value (breaks in green line are where none were taken in ROFR)
BLUE line is Direct Price, and the Purple Dot is where I lucked out on a resale back in Feb.

I don't want to distract from the purpose of this thread as I am sure there are others that go through this in great detail, but what does everyone love about OKW? Clearly there's a ton of interest there. I have been to Disney ~18 times in my life (coming from the northeast) but have never stayed there.

I don't want to distract from the purpose of this thread as I am sure there are others that go through this in great detail, but what does everyone love about OKW? Clearly there's a ton of interest there. I have been to Disney ~18 times in my life (coming from the northeast) but have never stayed there.
I bought two OKW 2042 and 1 direct OKW 2057. The price for the value is very nice. Large rooms, laid back, and all of that is just from the pics. I have never been there! I fell in love with the FB pics and experiences of others. The price is right, not low-balled like others got, and that is AOK with me. I paid 107, 110, and direct for my points.

I bought two OKW 2042 and 1 direct OKW 2057. The price for the value is very nice. Large rooms, laid back, and all of that is just from the pics. I have never been there! I fell in love with the FB pics and experiences of others. The price is right, not low-balled like others got, and that is AOK with me. I paid 107, 110, and direct for my points.
Congrats! Makes a ton of sense. Agreed, OKW pics look amazing. Access to Disney Springs is a great feature. I have kids 5,3, and 1, so parks access is a bit of a challenge, but i could see myself in a few years wanting to beak up park day visits with a day or two to relax with a margarita in that area.

They're on a roll.

The OKW 2057 contracts have been priced HIGH lately too. I bid on one recently at $110 for like 280 points and the seller said he would only come down to $122.

I have seen a few lately, just not many that were priced right for me.

Size of the rooms (can’t beat it)
Full size laundry machines in their own room in 1/2 bedroom units
Quiet atmosphere
We love OKW because it feels homey but also like we are on vacation at the same time. It feels less like a hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter