• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a contract submitted yesterday as well. I made an offer in the morning and had a deposit and both parties signed paperwork by last night. I expect an answer within two weeks. ROFR seems the easy part right now.

I have two OKW contracts that passed three weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the seller to submit his paperwork. The closing agent finally got back to me yesterday apologizing for the fact that the seller has three other contracts to get notarized. I've sold quite a few contracts and it takes about 15 minutes at the bank to get the paperwork signed. It's free. Mail USPS or ship UPS or FEDEX. Done. He is a US citizen...
I passed rofr for okw nearly a month ago and still havent received estoppel or closing docs either. International seller though. Wondering if there are other issues happening. I have a june use year so concerned 2020 points may need banked by the end of this month?

I passed rofr for okw nearly a month ago and still havent received estoppel or closing docs either. International seller though. Wondering if there are other issues happening. I have a june use year so concerned 2020 points may need banked by the end of this month?
You have until the end of January to bank. Has the closing agent given you a reason for the delay? I've bought from three Canadians and it was a breeze...depending on the country of residence, getting to the embassy might be the issue. Your contract should give you a close by date and details on what happens if either party doesn't fulfill their obligations.

If you haven’t received estoppel or closing documents, the delay is likely on Disney. The title company needs to receive estoppel before it can prepare closing documents. I would reach out to the title company to see why the delay.

You have until the end of January to bank. Has the closing agent given you a reason for the delay? I've bought from three Canadians and it was a breeze...depending on the country of residence, getting to the embassy might be the issue. Your contract should give you a close by date and details on what happens if either party doesn't fulfill their obligations.
Ok, thank you so much! I will take a look at the contract, they just told me it would "close in december" when I asked about the estoppel. I think these folks are in the UK so that very well could be an issue for getting somewhere. This contract had a lot of banked points so i really dont want to lose it!

Ok, thank you so much! I will take a look at the contract, they just told me it would "close in december" when I asked about the estoppel. I think these folks are in the UK so that very well could be an issue for getting somewhere. This contract had a lot of banked points so i really dont want to lose it!
I remember your posts early on asking lots of great questions. You obviously did your homework, and losing those banked points devalues your contract. You should get what you paid for. Once you look at your contract, don't hesitate to contact the closing agent and be the "squeaky wheel". It still takes weeks AFTER closing to get your points, so it's imperative you close ASAP. Good luck!

It had been 24 days since passing ROFR - contacted my title company and they were like - wait - you passed? Turns out Disney sent the ROFR pass and estoppel to the broker but not the title company. So... now we have things moving again - woo hoo! Docusign today!

I remember your posts early on asking lots of great questions. You obviously did your homework, and losing those banked points devalues your contract. You should get what you paid for. Once you look at your contract, don't hesitate to contact the closing agent and be the "squeaky wheel". It still takes weeks AFTER closing to get your points, so it's imperative you close ASAP. Good luck!
Thank you so much for all of your help! I did look at the contract, it doesn't have a close by date, but in the body of the email that told me I passed ROFR, there was a note that said Disney is taking 30-45 days for estoppel. So I guess I may still be on track. I just have evil plans for all those banked points ***insert Ursula's evil plan laughter here***

Speaking of Ursula, thank you Ursulawantsyoursoul! I will email them too

First time DVC buyer here. I’m fascinated by the variety of response times in this thread. Just curious what should be expected for turn around this month. My offer was just submitted to Disney yesterday. Will they more than likely try to process ROFR more quickly to get them done before Christmas or will they more likely wait until after?
I’ve been following and it’s been all over the place. I am noticing that with contracts they choose to take, Disney has been acting on within 1 week. Others pass in a week. Mine was sent 11/4 and still waiting.

MICKIMINI---$74-$3367-30-HH-Oct-0/19, 60/20, 30/21, 30/22- sent 12/1

Finally, the last piece of the puzzle for our snowbird trips! This will give us either 2-3 nights in a 1 BR (w/ banking) or 5 nights in a Studio (unbelievable) at HHI on our drive to WDW from NH. We are still three years out, however this was a perfect contract. The End!
Love that! Great plan!

agree. Our Canadian sellers got their paperwork back before we did.

Well, that kinda goes without saying... I’ll rephrase-Do they sell the original contract- IE- 75 points or do they put them back in pool?
How does Disney sell the DVC rooms retail? Could it be possible that they buy up points on resales, keep those points in a large account, then sell the rooms at retail, and use the points they have to "pay" DVC?

Just wondering how that works. Maybe they don't sell all the points they ROFR on resales.

How does Disney sell the DVC rooms retail? Could it be possible that they buy up points on resales, keep those points in a large account, then sell the rooms at retail, and use the points they have to "pay" DVC?

Just wondering how that works. Maybe they don't sell all the points they ROFR on resales.
I was wondering that too!

Disney owns at least 2.5% of each resort, that they rent out retail.

Plus they are allowed to rent out rooms not booked by DVC members 60 days before check-in. Membership receives revenue up to 2.5% of total resort costs for the year on this breakage - Disney keeps the rest.

I Run Long---$100-$18585-180-AKV-Dec-0/19, 0/20, 180/21, 180/22- sent 11/21, passed 12/3

After 3 attempts at SSR only to have them all taken, I finally passed with my first offer at AKV. I thought for sure this would get taken. I am soooooo excited, I can hardly contain myself.
I’ve been checking every day to see if you’ve heard back yet - YYAAAAAASSS! So happy for you! Great price! Welcome Home! Xoxo

I Run Long---$100-$18585-180-AKV-Dec-0/19, 0/20, 180/21, 180/22- sent 11/21, passed 12/3

After 3 attempts at SSR only to have them all taken, I finally passed with my first offer at AKV. I thought for sure this would get taken. I am soooooo excited, I can hardly contain myself.

yaaaaaaay! I’m so happy for you!
You got a great deal at a great resort. Now you can join me on the closings thread :)

I’ve been checking every day to see if you’ve heard back yet - YYAAAAAASSS! So happy for you! Great price! Welcome Home! Xoxo
yaaaaaaay! I’m so happy for you!
You got a great deal at a great resort. Now you can join me on the closings thread :)

Thank you both! I feel like seeing our names in the closing threads is kind of like seeing them in lights. Can't wait for our first stay.

Well, that kinda goes without saying... I’ll rephrase-Do they sell the original contract- IE- 75 points or do they put them back in pool?

DVD can sell the points again in any size contract that they want, So, if they pick up 75 points, they can turn around and sell those as any size contract they want and it doesn’t have to be to same buyer, For example, I could buy 50 and you could be 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter