Rollaway Cots

Is it true that you can request a rollaway cot and there's no charge?
I think it depends on the resort. For example, DVC resorts will not provide any cots or rollaways at all. So if you get that RCI trade you want, you would not be able to get a rollaway or cot at all. Disney will not provide a rollaway or cot to exceed room occupancy, like if the room only sleeps four and you have five in your party. Resorts with smaller rooms like the value rooms, might not be able to fit a rollaway or cot. You'd need to ask the resort before you book.

Had an online chat with a CM a few weeks ago about rollaways...

We've had them in the recent past at Pop Century, they were first come/first served and were $15 a night.

I was inquiring about having one at Coronado Springs (before booking) and I was kept waiting while the answer was searched for.. I was completely taken aback by the response - and I quote...

"WDW is phasing out rollaway cots but if you request - they will provide you with an air mattress.". (apparently it comes with a pump).

I have never heard such a crazy thing and actually asked if I was being punked. Oh yes, I really did.

I had planned on calling back to ask about my answer from the online chat, but haven't gotten around to it. It just seems quite implausible...

Curious if anyone else has been given this info.

I didn't book through RCI, I need to wait a year to have enough exchange power.

I booked a room at AKL, and was told I could get a cot for free. I thought it was $15/night, but the CM said it was free. She said I should just request it when I arrive. I was just surprised and kind of in disbelief. There will only be 3 adults in the room.

I booked a room at AKL, and was told I could get a cot for free. I thought it was $15/night, but the CM said it was free. She said I should just request it when I arrive. I was just surprised and kind of in disbelief. There will only be 3 adults in the room.
As long as it wasn't a villa room - studio, one bedroom, two bedroom, grand villa.

No, it's not a DVC room at all, just a standard hotel room. I just thought there'd be a charge.

I didn't hear anything about an air mattress, and that is surprising for Disney. Honestly, none of us would mind though. We've used them in our home frequently and at least they can be deflated for more room during the day. Not that we'll be in the room much anyway.

Entirely possible I believe. We had requested a room at the YC last August with the daybed, we were 2 adults & a teenager (3 generations) vacationing together. I had explained with my request that sharing beds was not an option. I remember being told that if we did not get a room with a daybed, a rollaway could be provided at no additional cost. I'm thinking it is likely that way at all deluxe resorts where room capacity is up to 5 guests.

If I'm guessing wrong, I'm sure another Dis-er will be along soon to correct my assumption ;)

Had an online chat with a CM a few weeks ago about rollaways...

We've had them in the recent past at Pop Century, they were first come/first served and were $15 a night.

I was inquiring about having one at Coronado Springs (before booking) and I was kept waiting while the answer was searched for.. I was completely taken aback by the response - and I quote...

"WDW is phasing out rollaway cots but if you request - they will provide you with an air mattress.". (apparently it comes with a pump).

I have never heard such a crazy thing and actually asked if I was being punked. Oh yes, I really did.

I had planned on calling back to ask about my answer from the online chat, but haven't gotten around to it. It just seems quite implausible...

Curious if anyone else has been given this info.

As far as air mattresses, yes, we were given an aerobed air mattress for our 5th person when we booked at BWI for 5 and the only room they had left for us was at BWV in a studio for 4. They also weren't totally honest, said no rooms at BWI slept 5, the extra 'bed' was really a bench, when I'd clearly seen pics of a daybed and made the ressie on the phone for 5.

Updated to add, if you request a rollaway at checkin you may or may not be charged. We brought older dd bf many times and requested rollaway. Been charged, not been charged, and got the aerobed at a different resort one time!

Last edited:
We did get one for free at Beach Club but we had booked a daybed room. They said they could move us the next day into a daybed room or we could just stay in the current room, and keep the for all week for free. We did that because it seemed easier than switching. I just assumed they did it for free because we had requested the daybed room.

Yes it would in most, but there won't be a 3 foot wide path between furniture, it can be snug.

Stayed at the Yacht Club this past June in a handicap room and was told at the front desk that I would have to pay $15 a night for a rollaway.

It depends on the resort. For example at Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter there are No Rollaways available. Period.

1) This all depends upon the resort.
. . . at most resorts, extra beds (eg. cots, roll-away-beds) are not available
. . . at some resorts they will provide an air mattress
. . . at resorts, roll-away-beds and cots are being phased-out
3) In most instances, there is a $15/night charge.

NOTE: At the two Deluxe resorts at which I usually work, we have zero options for extra beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter