• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Romantic Beliefs

Soul Mates, Twin Flames: what do you believe or not believe?

• I believe in Soulmates.

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • I do not believe in Soulmates.

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • I believe in Twin Flames.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I do not believe in Twin Flames.

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • I believe we're predestined to find X person.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I don't believe we're predestined to find any particular person.

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • I love tacos more than people. I'm open to date fajitas too.

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
I don't know. But I do know that the first time I saw my DH, I turned to my best friend after he left and said "I think that is the person I am supposed to marry". He'd come into our office looking for his friend and I had never seen him before in my life, and our conversation consisted of him saying "Is ___ here?" and me saying "No".

I don't know how I knew, but 3 months later we were engaged and we'll have been married 20 years this year. He felt the same thing too, right away.

I don't know what to think. :confused3 It's a very romantic notion and it's crazy how life can seemingly throw 2 people together but who knows!
It's a kooky, mixed-up world MamaMermaid, with loads of uncertainty. I'm a skeptic but I set aside some space for "X the Unknown" where all the odd things we haven't yet figured out belong.

I think synchronicities are not uncommon with two people, but it can be tricky because what may look like "kismet" or "fate" could actually be misleading you into something with the wrong person, just as much as the "right" person.

Nope. Don’t believe in any of those things. Not even sure if I believe in “love” anymore.

I do wonder if some people are destined to be alone though.

19 votes for tacos! I had tacos last night. Thought of you taco folks.

Ah, look at all the hungry people!
Ah, look at all the hungry people!
Eleanor Rigby
Set down a plate with four tacos then added four more,
Who were they for?

I don’t believe in any of those things. I actually think we could have successful relationships with many, many people.

I have been with my DH since we were 16/17. We married on the 10th anniversary of our first date and have been married going on 26 years now. Are we wildly happy? No. I would say quietly content (most of the time with occasional moments of wildly happy and occasional moments of wanting to run far far away). We raised/are raising 3 daughters, have a successful business and generally partner well in that we have similar values in most things and complement one another in our strengths and weaknesses. I by no means think that either one of us could not have built a similar life with someone else though. I also believe that we were lucky in that in our teens and twenties when we were figuring it all out we were growing together when it easily could have been apart.

Soulmates, pheromones or both?🤣
Strictly Pheromones! Being in love and love by itself are two different things. I believe the first one "being in love" is hormonal and mentally created. It very seldom lasts more than a few years and the life and reality take over. "Love" is a basic caring, respect and need of an individual. It still can have strong feelings of wanted physical connection, but that is secondary to just enjoying the other person.

I don't believe in soulmates, per se. I believe in 'kindred spirits' in the sense that two people can have similar personalities, interests, aspirations, life experiences, beliefs, etc., but that's about the extent of it. So long as both partners are decent people and are in agreement about the important things (such as whether or not they want children), I believe that most couples can make it work if they truly want to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter