Rosie's All Aboard

Valentine

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Did anyone else just watch this on HBO? I found it to be much more moving than I expected... and now I want a family more than ever!!! :teeth: What a great documentary that was... I am going to book a trip on that cruise next time.. with or without a family.. it looked like such a fun time was had by all!

Kathy

looks like everyone had a great time! I love kids,just never wanted any of my own.

CSP here :wave2: who watched it last night. I agree that it was much more well done and moving than I thought it would be. It does look like everyone had a great time.

I missed it too - I have to check if it will be on again

I woke up for three hours this morning, from 3 am-6am, and there it was! What a treat, something to keep my mind off some pain, which is now all better. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

This was one of the most moving shows about gay life I have ever watched. Being from Oklahoma we dont get to see positive gay family role models. I basically cried through the whole thing. (laughing at self) This is a must see and I only hope that if God blesses my partner and I with children we get to experience this together.

Someone at work told me today that they had some problems in the Bahamas. She said she saw it on Oprah. Has anyone else got any info on this? I hate Nassau anyway, this would just be a great excuse to stay on the ship while on a cruise. I would like details if anyone has any. I'm not one to boycott something unless I have the facts.

I sure hope this is on again, would love to at least tape it.

OrlandoMike said:
Someone at work told me today that they had some problems in the Bahamas. She said she saw it on Oprah. Has anyone else got any info on this? I hate Nassau anyway, this would just be a great excuse to stay on the ship while on a cruise. I would like details if anyone has any. I'm not one to boycott something unless I have the facts.

Mike--they did show this on the Rosie documentary. Apparently there were a couple of small (minded?) fundamentalist churches that felt the need to let the cruisers know that they did not agree with the way they were living their life. I'm not sure which stop on the cruise it was, since I was half watching, and half working last night while it was on.

I loved this documentary! It was touching, warm and looked like so much fun. I think they have created a great travel company. What I loved the most was the generations cruising together, parents with their kids and grandkids. Very cool. I also loved Kelly's view of relationships, in each relationship there is a flower and a gardener. A unique way of looking at couples. I cried when I saw the teen girl dining with her two dads and the dads acted all calm and cool but when she left the table they cried at teh thought of her going away to college. That is me and my husband when we think about our 16 year old!

debster812 said:
pssttt-mbb, we're CSPs (cool straight people--darn cool acronym, no?) :thumbsup2 here's the link to the thread: CSP Thread

Hiya cuz :wave2: :wave2:

Well, whaddya know...DH and I used to be DINKS, and now I'm a SAHM, *and* a CSP to boot! :teeth: :teeth:

I'll wear it proud :goodvibes

...and a shout out of "vocabulary thanks" to my Southern Cuz :wave: :wave:

(The cruise stop was in Naussau...the protestors lined the street from the ship to the downtown area, where a larger group was gathered.)

:sunny:

OrlandoMike said:

Yes.... it was very disturbing to see the reality creep into this dream of a trip.. but... it was very well done... there were 2 churches that were protesting the docking of the ship in the bahamas ... they were VERY vocal and in your face about it.. but there were also some locals stating that they didn't agree with the protesters... so... it just goes to show you that no matter where you go there will be differing opinions.... The show is slated to be on again.... and again... and again... one of those HBO special things... and if you have HBO on Demand, it will be available to re-view I think starting next week. Definitely worth a watch!

Kathy

:thumbsup2 This was such a great program! I saw it on the guide when it was almost over, but thanks to TIVO, I got to see it this morning...wow! I got so choked up at all the love in the house! :lovestruc The couple with the 5 kids at the end....awwwww! The big family hug...I just wanted to go hug my TV!

:sad2: It was awful about the protests in Nassau, Bahamas, but I'm glad they chose to include it in the program since it was a documentary. They added the comments of locals who weren't pleased with the protests as well as comments by some of the passengers, including Rosie who stated when she and Kelli go on vacation that they go to the Bahamas and have never encountered such protests, yet when she brings a boat load of friends...

I checked out Rosie's website and found all the info on the other upcoming family vacations and all I can say is WOW! That is awesome! The trips look so cool...I just wanna go as extended family...

For those of you who wanted to know if it is going to be on again...here ya go...the times are CST and are taken from my Direct guide.

4/9 HBO 3:30pm
HBOW 6:30pm

4/10 HBOF 11:40am
HBFW 2:40pm

4/11 HBO2 8:30am
HB2W 11:30am
HBO2 8:00pm
HB2W 11:00pm

4/12 HBO 2:45pm
HBOW 5:45pm

4/14 HBO2 1:00pm
HB2W 4:00pm

4/15 HBO 11:00am
HBOW 2:00pm
HBOF 9:00pm

4/16 HBFW 12:00am

4/18 HBOF 8:00am
HBFW 11:00am
HBO 4:00pm
HBOW 7:00pm

4/20 HBOS 8:30am
HBOF 6:00pm

And as for the acronym...CSP...wow! I didn't even know I had an acronym to use...all my GLBT friends have just called me friend, so who'dda thunk it...I'm a CSP. :goodvibes

CSP here. Hi :wave2:

I wanted to say how very moving this documentary was to me. To be able to openly hug, kiss, hold hands must have been so awesome for those on board. No pointing, staring, eye rolling. It was truly heartwarming.

CSP here too (just learned that) I really wanted to watch this but our satelleite kept cutting out. Hopefully I'll catch it later in the month when it is rerun. From what I saw it looked great. A lot of really happy famillies enjoying a vacation and each other.

I sat up late one night after I TIVO'ed the Rosie special. I cried through the whole thing. I was so moved by all the love and happiness. It was such a pleasure to be able to see the 'gay community' in a positive light and very family oriented. I asked DH if we could take a gay family cruise, right after I saw it. He said maybe one of us should be gay first before we plan one. :teeth:
I think the program was done very well and showed the pro's and con's of being a gay family on a gay cruise. Good job Rosie! :wave:

Ds10 and I caught the last 40 minutes of it yesterday afternoon--we really enjoyed it.

The thing that literally slapped me in the face was when a child wanted to know what some of the people of The Bahamas were protesting against, and Rosie said "Gay people and FAMILIES." As a straight woman who believes in the respect and dignity of all human relationships and in the rights of G/L to legally marry and adopt, I couldn't believe that I'd never seen this as an issue of *family* before! It was one of those lightbulb moments when I actually realized that not only do I believe in the rights of G/L as individuals--but in G/Ls and their rights to create loving families as well. I know I'm not stating this very articulately, but I hope everyone knows what I mean. I also loved hearing the stories from the children of G/Ls--what wonderful testaments they are to their parents!

I hope to catch this show in it's entirety soon--it was full of great 'teaching moments' for my son. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter