Rosie's All Aboard

Woo Hoo, they have another cruise booked for next February. I showed DH the show and asked if he wanted to go next year. He said maybe, which is usually a yes.

We are childless, but I think this would be a blast! :yay:

OrlandoMike said:
Woo Hoo, they have another cruise booked for next February. I showed DH the show and asked if he wanted to go next year. He said maybe, which is usually a yes.

We are childless, but I think this would be a blast! :yay:
I was thinking the same thing as I watched this yesterday. I'm now trying to figure out how to do all I'd like to do vacation-wise next year with only 10 days total from the job. This may have to be planned for the 3rd cruise, if there is one!

Michael

I am SERIOUSLY considering that one also Mike... Hey.. wouldn't that be a kick.. we could have our own DIS section on the Rosie cruise.. the best of both worlds! LOL!!!

Kathy

If your cable service is through comcast, the All Aboard, Rosie's Family Cruise is available through On Demand.

I will have to try to catch this tomorrow on HBO! Thanks so much for posting the times! :)

My friend works for a travel agency specializing in GLBT clients. I always tease him about Disney because he is one of the few gay men I kno who is totally missing the Disney gene! He was trying to help me think of other places to go or other types of vacations and he recommended this cruise. Then he goes "Oh, I always forget you aren't gay." Not sure how I should take that! :rotfl: I think a Family cruise would be fabulous!

luvmydogs said:
Ds10 and I caught the last 40 minutes of it yesterday afternoon--we really enjoyed it.

The thing that literally slapped me in the face was when a child wanted to know what some of the people of The Bahamas were protesting against, and Rosie said "Gay people and FAMILIES." As a straight woman who believes in the respect and dignity of all human relationships and in the rights of G/L to legally marry and adopt, I couldn't believe that I'd never seen this as an issue of *family* before! It was one of those lightbulb moments when I actually realized that not only do I believe in the rights of G/L as individuals--but in G/Ls and their rights to create loving families as well. I know I'm not stating this very articulately, but I hope everyone knows what I mean. I also loved hearing the stories from the children of G/Ls--what wonderful testaments they are to their parents!

I agree; watching the group of kids talk about their families was my favorite part of the documentary--what a well-spoken group of teens! And the looks of pride on their parents' faces....:love:

I'm an SP (I've never been "cool" in my life, why lie about it now? :) ) I cried throughout the show. It was wonderful. I had never given much thought to families with gay parents until my daughter befriended twin girls in Kindergarten who happened to have two moms. Since I don't discriminate against people for any reason (though I'm not a big fan of bossy, overbearing jerks), I tend to think no one else does either. Getting to know this awesome family over the past few years has really opened my eyes-in some ways for good and in some ways, not so much. I had no idea there was still so much hate in the world. Like Barney has been singing to my children for years, "A family is people and a family is love, that's a family." I guess Ro's show was kind of the living description of that-and seeing all the families enjoying themselves without looking over their shoulders is what touched me so much.

I thought the show was very moving. I hope these people who "hate" gays watch it and realize how stupid and selfish they're being. At one point in the show, near the end, the children of the gay couples spoke about how much love and respect they had for their parents. It was beautiful to see.

I wonder if there's that much love in the straight households where they don't accept homosexuality.

I am straight myself, but get so angry over people who hate gays. In my opinion, hating anyone is wrong. And very un-Christian.

Anyway, good for Rosie and these families. They really enjoyed themselves.

Also, I just wanted to mention that I saw Taboo on Broadway and it was AWESOME! Boy George is extremely underrated and I don't understand why that show didn't make it.

Let me take that back. I do understand. It's because people with small minds.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

Thanks! I promise I could have been a character on "Freaks and Geeks" while I was growing up, but it's nice to hear someone call me "cool."

Hello Everyone, another CSP here! I saw pieces of this on Good Morning America and it looks wonderful, can't wait to see it in full. I already know that I would love to go on a Rosie cruise.

another CSP checking in :wave2: I wanted to say that I loved that documentary. It was very moving to see all of the loving families on the cruise. By the end I was crying like a baby.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried through this show! I stayed up later than my bedtime last night watching it and truly enjoyed the whole thing! Very well done! :)

I am not sure where I am going with this post, so please bear with me. I have been watching this show for the last hour and a half and it has alternatley brought me from tears to laughter to fury and I am not sure where to share all of that.

I am a straight mom to one who is a Christian and very proud to count several gay people among my closest friends. In no way do I think that my religion impacts me being able to have friends of all types.

I have cried through this show, happy tears and sad, laughed uproariously and sat with bliding fury as I watched the protesters in the Bahamas. I guess I just wanted to express that....

Oh who am I kidding, I don't know what I want to express, I guess just to share my feelings...I hope this isn't out of place....

Bless you all for all of the hate and bigotry you put up with each day...

Hi! :wave2: Another CSP here.

I also wanted to say that I watched the documentary twice last week, and really enjoyed it! I loved the family with the 5 kids. They were so adorable at the wedding!

The Nassau thing was very interesting. I have two Gay friends who were born and raised in Nassau, and never heard of them having any problems.
I believe it was a small ignorant group. I felt so bad for the little ones getting off the ship and having no way to comprehend what was going on, except that it was very frightening for them.

Also, the scene in Miami (I think it was) when the two guys were buying wedding rings and the Sales Clerk kept asking the son where his mommy was, was too funny!

I thought the documentary was excellent. And I'm pretty amazed that Rosie and Kelli let so much of their children be shown. Typically, celebs try to keep images of their children (once they're beyond the baby stage when they're not recognizable) out of the media because of the risks they face as targets of kidnappers or any other nuts out there. Of course, it would seem kind of hypocritical for this to be all about a family cruise and not see their family. I understand why they made the decision to include their children, and I'm impressed with their bravery on that.

On a funny surprising note, I recognized a guy from my high school. His name's Jose Llana, and he was one of the entertainers on board. He was the lead singer in "Dream Girls." He's played leading roles in a couple of different Broadway musicals (Rent, King and I, Flower Drum Song). Doesn't typically do cruises, but this one was kinda special :)

Just watched the show. It was great! I laughed and cried and raged. I got very invested in the families. I wish they had done a little recap of the families before the credits. Did the one girl get into Berkeley? Or, did the other female couple get pregnant with the help of the male couple? I really want to know.

As a straight person, I take so much for granted. I will never understand people's objection to gay marriage or gay families. I could never imagine being subject to the ridicule and hatred that was seen in Nassau. Makes me very sad.

I also thought it was interesting that in Key West, where they had the biggest welcome, you still had the small-minded jeweler that obstinately asked about Mommy and "ladies" rings. I don't think he was stupid, I think he was trying to make the couple uncomfortable.

What was the adoption story the ex-football player told? His kids are actually twins? Did he also say they were part of his bloodline somehow? The son looked just like him.

Great show. I'm so glad I stayed up to watch it. Really expanded my viewpoint.

I caught the last 35 minutes or so of this last night -- interestingly enough - while I was reading these message boards.

My only comment on the negative side was that I thought it was poor form for some of the guests to engage the protesting locals. Arguing and yelling with street protestors will never change anyone's mind. Quite the opposite in fact; and all it does is create a 'scene' which the kids didn't need to see.

I rather enjoyed the woman (maybe it was Kelli O?) who waved the crowds of protestors with a simple smile and "Good morning!". Much classier move in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter