• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably been said already but I ran to my flight and couldn’t read but I got a push notification saying Hs will open at 6 am for EMH but ROTR will not be included during those times.

Ok caught up a little bit sitting on the plane. So we aren’t sure if we want to even try going to HS tomorrow now as planned. We have Ak AH tonight and don’t want to sacrifice time paid extra for in order to get up early to try to get on ROTR. We are thinking about just trying our luck on Monday instead when we are already at YC. I hate to change my whole vacation for one ride but I mean I am a crazy obsessed Disney person that this bunch of great folks will only understand

Ok caught up a little bit sitting on the plane. So we aren’t sure if we want to even try going to HS tomorrow now as planned. We have Ak AH tonight and don’t want to sacrifice time paid extra for in order to get up early to try to get on ROTR. We are thinking about just trying our luck on Monday instead when we are already at YC. I hate to change my whole vacation for one ride but I mean I am a crazy obsessed Disney person that this bunch of great folks will only understand

I'd just go early monday and not have to worry about leaving your AH at AK. Enjoy your time at AK.

1. So if boarding passes were reportedly gone yesterday about an hour before official park opening it means you need to be there well before the 45 minutes buses run before official park opening. This could theoretically give non-resort guests with a car a huge advantage at getting a boarding pass unless you take an Uber or Lyft.

Non resorts guests with a car... or resort guests in walking distance to Hollywood Studios! I just spent wednesday/thursday nights at the Swan/Dolphin, the first two days I walked to the part at 4am each day (a bit earlier Thursday). It's only a fifteen minute walk on the path by the river. Even today (stayed in a more remote hotel) I took a lyft to the Swan and walked over at 4am. Anyone who badly wants to ride the ride would be well served to spend a least a few days somewhere within walking distance to HS... the other way it helps a lot, is that I was able to go back to the hotel for a nap, and head over when my boarding group came up in the afternoon.

2. Does anyone know if they have been opening at 6am-ish only to handle the crowds for early days of ROTR, or is it to also give people who they gave a free Park Hopper ticket due to ride failure a chance to get in DHS early to try and get on before their flight home on travel day? That's the dilemma we face. DHS will be our last day, but if ROTR is down again or we can't get a boarding pass that would be very disappointing. We only go to the parks every 3-5 years.

Pretty sure the 6am thing was pre-planned, they have to have so many people show up early... they also had no way to be sure the ride would go down so much (but possibly expected that). I think 6am may continue for a while until early morning crowds stop coming, which probably will not happen as long as they use the boarding pass system...

Today the real opening was 6:30 as they had some kind of glitch at the ticket kiosks, and then I couldn't join a boarding group for about a minute or two (which to be fair they said to expect).

So it sounds like tomorrow could go one of two ways:

1. The Park opens at 6 to Resort and Good Neighbor guests, they schedule their boarding groups with the app, and the first boarding groups get called at 8 when the park opens. This gives EMH guests a benefit by allowing them to join groups first, but it doesn't allow them to get through the ride and take up a second boarding group later in the day before the other guests get there, which I think is a big factor in why Boarding Groups have closed almost as soon as the park opens.

2. The VQ doesn't open until 8 when the park begins normal operations, and the entire population of the park tries to get into a Boarding Group between 8:00 and 8:01, crashing the servers and likely downing the app for at least 30 minutes.

Honestly this is turning out much better than I anticipated. So far....

Once everybody and their mother gets the memo that you need to be at HS pre park open to get a BG for RoR, many more people will be on line before 6am. I can see BGs running out in 30 minutes once crowds pick up. This is a slower week off the tails of Thanksgiving.

Planning for EMH tomorrow. Front desk of my resort says buses start 45 minutes prior to park opening. She originally said it would be 7:15 tomorrow because her info said 8 am opening. When I said I got a notification of EMH starting at 6 am, she said that would make it 5:15 then. Hopefully this is correct. May do Lyft just in case. Last week was planning on avoiding the Star Wars area during EMH and just wanted to ride the toy story rides but now with VQ, I’m getting excited at a chance to ride everything without waiting in hours long lines.

Honestly this is turning out much better than I anticipated. So far....

Once everybody and their mother gets the memo that you need to be at HS pre park open to get a BG for RoR, many more people will be on line before 6am. I can see BGs running out in 30 minutes once crowds pick up. This is a slower week off the tails of Thanksgiving.

Considering the insanity that people thought was going to descend onto DHS, I agree it's turned out much better than anticipated so far.

Not without kinks, but all things considered (capacity, breakdowns, popularity, etc) I think the fact that you have people (even on opening day!) making it on the ride once, maybe twice, and blowing through everything else at DHS quickly is really awesome. They did a really good job handling the logistics of this opening IMO, even if the ride itself wasn't necessarily at 100%.

So it sounds like tomorrow could go one of two ways:

1. The Park opens at 6 to Resort and Good Neighbor guests, they schedule their boarding groups with the app, and the first boarding groups get called at 8 when the park opens. This gives EMH guests a benefit by allowing them to join groups first, but it doesn't allow them to get through the ride and take up a second boarding group later in the day before the other guests get there, which I think is a big factor in why Boarding Groups have closed almost as soon as the park opens.

2. The VQ doesn't open until 8 when the park begins normal operations, and the entire population of the park tries to get into a Boarding Group between 8:00 and 8:01, crashing the servers and likely downing the app for at least 30 minutes.

Options 3:
Disney opens standby to RotR during EMH then turning on VQ at 8.

I know they keep saying it’s not available but why move EMH to 6am when the ride you have been opening at 6am the previous three days is not running.

Got there about 7:45 this morning got boarding group 91. It just says evening anyone have idea of the time that might be?

So they just updated park hours for the rest of December and have regular openings at 8am except Sundays (other than tomorrow) with EMH at 8 and regular opening at 9. This makes no sense. Will they likely push up the remaining Sundays to 7 or earlier for EMH? I would be elated if they did because my eldest gets up at 5:30 anyway. My poor mom will just have to do her hair and makeup before she goes to sleep LOL.

I have heard boarding groups go into the 120s today. Not sure if they will get to the end or not.

Options 3:
Disney opens standby to RotR during EMH then turning on VQ at 8.

I know they keep saying it’s not available but why move EMH to 6am when the ride you have been opening at 6am the previous three days is not running.

We could probably at least come to the consensus that they won't be opening the park two hours early on top of the two hour bump they've already given, yeah?

Will be there on the 12th. Staying at Aventura.
Going take an Uber around 5-530. Try to arrive at the park around 6-630.

I prefer the open queue type system but hopefully I will be able to ride twice, since I am going to Orlando just for this and Hagrid.

Got there about 7:45 this morning got boarding group 91. It just says evening anyone have idea of the time that might be?
It’s taken 8 hours to get to 50 BGs, so, if there’s no downtime, maybe between 7-closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter