RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought- if they distribute all the boarding group numbers when people enter the park but don’t start the ride until 8am then there would be less chance that someone could get more than one boarding pass.

Will be there on the 12th. Staying at Aventura.
Going take an Uber around 5-530. Try to arrive at the park around 6-630.

I prefer the open queue type system but hopefully I will be able to ride twice, since I am going to Orlando just for this and Hagrid.

From the past three days of going, if you got there before 5am you were in pretty good shape to get in in the first few boarding groups, which determines any possibility of getting a second ride as you can only get another boarding group after you have exited the ride (each day I got there about 4 - 4:30 am, was always in first or second boarding group). Maybe during this week the initial early crowds will die off but with it being so new and desirable I really doubt it, keep an eye on that chart someone posted with opening times and sell-out times to see what this Tuesday and Wednesday look like... The picture I see likely arriving to the park at 6am is, you get a boarding group like 17-20, then the ride breaks down around boarding group 14, and you wait until 8-9am to ride... this is all assuming the park continues to open at 6am, which is the thing to look for on Tuesday/Wednesday to see if they are still doing that.

5am seems like a really big line for a lot of people, there was always a pretty big increase right around then each of the days.

The way the system is now a second ride if you can get one would happen afternoon or evening. Today I was in group 11 (second in line at ticket kiosk), went on as soon as it opened (7:12am), joined a new boarding group as soon as I got off at 7:35am - at that point I got group 72, which may come up in an hour or so (estimated 4:30pm).

Those whi have reported riding multiple times were in the park early, got first bg, as soon as they entered the ride they got a second bg and then some received a fp because of ride problems
I read somewhere that you can't request a second boarding group until you've actually exited the ride, not once they enter the ride. Which is correct?

I read somewhere that you can't request a second boarding group until you've actually exited the ride, not once they enter the ride. Which is correct?
On Thursday and Friday people were getting 2nd BG at entry. Today they’re blocked from getting another BG until they exit.

As of today you can’t book another BG until you exit the ride, where they are now scanning you “out” so to speak. Once you do the second scan, you can join another boarding group (of course, if they are still available).

I'm following along because I have a good friend and her family there right now. They are offsite and had hoped to try to get on RotR tomorrow. I gave her the EMH update and told her it didn't look very good. I guess we'll see. I appreciate all the recon!

Honestly, I'm shocked they're even allowing people to book a second BG. It seems like a no brainer to limit it to one per day, at least for the first few weeks.
Well they are trying to limit that even more starting today.

Well they are trying to limit that even more starting today.
I saw that. But so far it's just a small adjustment. I'm just surprised they aren't completely blocking a second ride. Maybe they just don't have a way to do it.

I am thinking of using a Lyft to get to HS early one morning. Will I be able to get to HS at 5 in the morning or do I have to go somewhere close and walk a ways? Will the parking lots be open? I have never been to a park that much time before opening.

I saw that. But so far it's just a small adjustment. I'm just surprised they aren't completely blocking a second ride. Maybe they just don't have a way to do it.

It ends up being a pretty big adjustment as before you could pack a queue with a hundred or more people who all got to get another boarding group as they waited... with the ability to get a second boarding pass limited to throughput of the ride itself, not the queue capacity, it gives a lot more people a shot at getting a BG before the first wave of riders are all done.

I also kind of doubt they have any way to limit how many times someone can have a boarding group per day. I think the current way is a pretty good compromise though.

Planning for EMH tomorrow. Front desk of my resort says buses start 45 minutes prior to park opening. She originally said it would be 7:15 tomorrow because her info said 8 am opening. When I said I got a notification of EMH starting at 6 am, she said that would make it 5:15 then. Hopefully this is correct. May do Lyft just in case. Last week was planning on avoiding the Star Wars area during EMH and just wanted to ride the toy story rides but now with VQ, I’m getting excited at a chance to ride everything without waiting in hours long lines.

45 minutes is their standard response, it's even on the website but obviously a lie as there are pre-park breakfasts and tours. disney sends buses out much before 45 minutes before park opens.

I am thinking of using a Lyft to get to HS early one morning. Will I be able to get to HS at 5 in the morning or do I have to go somewhere close and walk a ways? Will the parking lots be open? I have never been to a park that much time before opening.

I was wondering this also, as I didn't recall ever seeing any cars dropping off people near the entrance early morning. Hopefully someone else can answer if that works, I came to the park by Lyft this morning and didn't want to chance the driver not being able to enter so I went to the Disney Swan resort - if you go there, you can walk straight through the lobby and out the back, then turn right over the bridge, then turn right again just past the bridge and you'll be on the walkway on the left side of the river that goes all the way to Hollywood Studios. It's a 15 minute brisk walk (about 0.7 of a mile) from the Swan.

Hopefully they can just drop you off though. If you can push yourself to reach HS a little before 5am it will be worth it compared to the increase in crowd size after 5am.

It ends up being a pretty big adjustment as before you could pack a queue with a hundred or more people who all got to get another boarding group as they waited... with the ability to get a second boarding pass limited to throughput of the ride itself, not the queue capacity, it gives a lot more people a shot at getting a BG before the first wave of riders are all done.

I also kind of doubt they have any way to limit how many times someone can have a boarding group per day. I think the current way is a pretty good compromise though.
What?? They absolutely have a way to limit it... you now can’t join another until you “clear” the first. Just don’t “clear” it. And don’t allow any way to cancel it. Boom. Done. Lol 🤣

This might’ve been mentioned before, if so I’m sorry. But why doesn’t Disney open every day at 6am for a couple of months, like they did in the fall? (Besides cost) There’s obviously more of a crowd now than there was then. It would most likely eliminate the need for the VQ. I know a lot people like it, but I’m sure a lot of people who are not on disboards or following all of this closely are probably confused & then angry when they realize they’ve missed their opportunity to use the VQ & can’t even wait in line for ROTR. Since they’re letting people in early already, might as well make 6am an official opening time. JMO.
Also, it looks awesome. Can’t wait to try & ride. 😃

Going Monday morning. Hoping the wait is a bit less after a weekend. If it is hours, we will come back later as we only live an hour away

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter