RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly smaller and they began with BG#1 instead of #10.

Perhaps 1-10 were for EMH guests and then broadened from there?
I got boarding group 12 and was in DHS very early. I was ecstatic remembering they started at 10. Looks like it’s all different today with numbering.

I doubt I will have a chance to get a second boarding group, but I will be trying!

Thank you everyone for reporting. So VQ opened around 7:20am, is that correct? Can some verify that off site guests were already inside the park held at Hollywood Blvd for this process?
Correct for time of VQ opening around 7:20ish. They made announcements but I think if people were refreshing at the time they may have gotten on slightly earlier. Was not near the park entrance at that time so don’t know for sure about nonEMH. Walked out of park about 7:45. There were not a ton of people coming in the gates, but Hollywood Blvd was pretty crowded so I think they must have been let in around that same time.
Overall a successful morning. SDD, TSM, breakfast at Woody’s and Star Tours. Now back to hotel to drop off luggage at airline checkin and wait for our boarding group.

Boarding groups full!
Ok, so 36 minutes today? Insane! At least we’re getting closer to official park open time 🤣

For those shut out, I would still check throughout the day. Who knows, more could be released and that guest recovery is PRETTY sweet! 🤣

I guess the large number of guests already in DHS for EMH gobbled them all up. What’s the highest BG that we know of?

Just got off the ride. Very cool. I see why it breaks down though because so many moving parts to it. Not something I would have to do every visit myself but excited to see more of this technology in the future. One side note: anyone else feel like they need a gun to shoot with during the ride?

You got into dhs at 7:29? Could it be its actually counting off siters that entered the park earlier and assigning bg dependent on that? Or the bg are way smaller today

We are staying at AKL though but Strange how I’m group 78. Does that sound right for entering at 7.29

Is it just me that feels a tad gipped?
Up early to get to be around 5th row / group of people at the EMH rope drop around 5:30 am, told that there would be an announcement around 7:45 am that Boarding groups would start to be available, then around 7:23 am saw people ‘playing’ with their smart phones so DW looks at hers to see and we end up with Boarding Group sixty bleeping 2 ..... 62 ..... with an anticipated boarding time of ‘evening’?

Nah, don’t like the Virtual Boarding Group approach. Could have slept in an extra hour and gotten to the park an hour later to get the same boarding group.

Well at least off siters had a chance, like pp said, it's just a matter of getting to the park early, that's really all the planning that is required

Were off site people let in early and had access to BGs? Was struggling to follow along with who was on site vs off site and when they got BGs

Guess as long as off site people that were there prior to 8am got into a BG that isn't too bad. But still, if I got there right at 8 and was shut out after Disney explicitly stated RotR and BG joining was not part of EMH I would be pretty annoyed

Were off site people let in early and had access to BGs? Was struggling to follow along with who was on site vs off site and when they got BGs

Guess as long as off site people that were there prior to 8am got into a BG that isn't too bad. But still, if I got there right at 8 and was shut out after Disney explicitly stated RotR and BG joining was not part of EMH I would be pretty annoyed

It was reported that at some point during the EMH time they were let in / held on Hollywood Blvd (which is the normal EMH setup) and yes, they were in before 7:19am when boarding groups became available. Exactly when they let non-EMH folks in to be held like that is unknown.

Well at least off siters had a chance, like pp said, it's just a matter of getting to the park early, that's really all the planning that is required

No. Getting to the park early was secondary today. It was the constant refreshing that was required. Many people who arrived super early were probably shut out if they didn’t start refreshing til 7:45. Even people refreshing between 7:30 and 7:45 got late boarding groups. There is no certainty that they’ll get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter