• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney's standard is usually higher so why wouldn't they implement even more strict rules? Or is it you're worried the Magic won't be the same.
These other parks won’t be able to police masks. It’s nice and all to say but it ain’t gonna happen and once they realize people won’t come and they can’t control people wearing masks this will get dropped.
Also I don’t understand everyone who is pro mask. The point of the mask is to leave it on and not take off ever! My wife is a nurse they get two masks a shift they only take it off to eat and the switch to a new one. Everyone is so worried about masks but your going to have to take them off and on to eat and drink. People who want masks think that the mask will block the virus. If that is true then the virus is on the front of the mask. Taking the mask on and off multiple times while touching your face throughout the day would actually be worse by that logic. That is why people say they won’t go if there are masks. Most people realize for a mask to be effective you put it on and never take it off until you are back home.

These other parks won’t be able to police masks. It’s nice and all to say but it ain’t gonna happen and once they realize people won’t come and they can’t control people wearing masks this will get dropped.
Also I don’t understand everyone who is pro mask. The point of the mask is to leave it on and not take off ever! My wife is a nurse they get two masks a shift they only take it off to eat and the switch to a new one. Everyone is so worried about masks but your going to have to take them off and on to eat and drink. People who want masks think that the mask will block the virus. If that is true then the virus is on the front of the mask. Taking the mask on and off multiple times while touching your face throughout the day would actually be worse by that logic. That is why people say they won’t go if there are masks. Most people realize for a mask to be defective you put it on and never take it off until you are back home.

Or you bring a giant supply of them and have a fresh one for when you take it off.

NEWS

Hong Kong Disneyland to resume character meals with revised structure - might be clues to how things would be run stateside

• The restaurant was previously a buffet and resumed food service mid-March on weekends only through a manu rather than a buffet.
  • This is the first time Hong Kong Disneyland has offered character experiences since the resort closed in January.
  • Guests will be allowed to take pictures of the characters from their tables, but can’t hug or touch them as part of safe social distancing practices.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...et-greets-at-enchanted-garden-restaurant/amp/

Off track but I cannot imagine the crowds at DL when it reopens where everyone is a local and is dying to go back to the parks. Crowd control will be an issue.
I was considering DL for Halloween if my summer WDW trip gets cancelled, but I had the exact same thought about the crowds for the first six months after reopening.

View attachment 492360

What Shanghai Disney looks like. Are people afraid of Disney losing its magic if masks are mandatory.

I am. Regardless of what it looks like in Shanghai.

I think when the parks are open at first there is going to an unprecedented (there’s the word again, lol) level of intrusion of real world problems in WDW, and while I totally understand and support measures to keep the spread at bay, I think it really sucks and will change the feel in the parks. I think even the hopefully prevalent washing stations and sanitizing will do that.

View attachment 492360

What Shanghai Disney looks like. Are people afraid of Disney losing its magic if masks are mandatory.

Disney loses its magic in one form or another every trip I have. When a 6’8 gentleman steps in front of my 4’ son seconds before the fireworks start, Disney loses its magic to me. But then the fireworks start and the magic is back.

I don’t WANT to wear masks hiding the smiles and joy of thousands of people in the parks, but Disney wouldn’t enforce it without reason, and I seriously doubt it’s something that we have to live with for years

Disney loses its magic in one form or another every trip I have. When a 6’8 gentleman steps in front of my 4’ son seconds before the fireworks start, Disney loses its magic to me. But then the fireworks start and the magic is back.

I don’t WANT to wear masks hiding the smiles and joy of thousands of people in the parks, but Disney wouldn’t enforce it without reason, and I seriously doubt it’s something that we have to live with for years
Maybe everyone wears a joker mask?

I'm surprised there's much more chatter about masks than the possibility of them not having fireworks, parades, etc! To me, that would make much more of an impact on my trip.

I think because most considering going ASAP are people who go so frequently they don’t care so much about missed experiences but do care about discomfort.

For me? I doubt masks will be an issue because even if we could cross the border we wouldn’t pay as much as we do for Disney in this state.

My main question is, I know they’re ALLOWED to do whatever they want, but PR wise, could they really charge the same price they just introduced for daily guests, or expect AP holders to be ok with limited experiences such as no fireworks or parades?

My main question is, I know they’re ALLOWED to do whatever they want, but PR wise, could they really charge the same price they just introduced for daily guests, or expect AP holders to be ok with limited experiences such as no fireworks or parades?
My worry is that they will do just that with little to no discounts just to keep the numbers down. Really depends on demand and how much they plan on restricting attendance.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...r-meet-greets-at-enchanted-garden-restaurant/

• The restaurant was previously a buffet and resumed food service mid-March on weekends only through a manu rather than a buffet.
  • Guests will be allowed to take pictures of the characters from their tables, but can’t hug or touch them as part of safe social distancing practices.
I could Disney implementing that here. I would imagine meet and greets would be the same here.

NEWS

Hong Kong Disneyland to resume character meals with revised structure - might be clues to how things would be run stateside

• This is the first time Hong Kong Disneyland has offered character experiences since the resort closed in January.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...et-greets-at-enchanted-garden-restaurant/amp/

Honestly, at that point, I would just rather not have the characters there after all. Think of all the little ones, especially those who this is their first visit. Or even worse, those who have been before or have watched videos on Youtube, and are expecting to be able to meet the characters. You're going to have to stop the kiddos from wanting to interact with the character, and potentially breaking your kids' hearts and spirit. The especially little ones aren't going to understand what's going on. I can see lots of tears and lots of stress on parents' parts.

Plus who is gonna pay a premium to see the characters from a distance?

Just get rid of the character meals until it can be the full experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter