Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do get it. If you read the article it says directly from it. "Here are the detailed guidelines which the parks have agreed to implement. . . " That to me says they are going to happen. It would be very bad PR if most parks put those measures in place while the Mouse doesn't.
What I don't get is finally some parks release the guidelines they are putting in place and most want to dismiss all cause it mentions wearing masks.

Disney has not officially said anything at all. Nada! The only thing we have to go on is the Orange County task force, which did not make any recommendations so far concerning guests wearing masks. Universal has hinted they would require it for their staff, but has not said whether it will be required for guests. Disney has not even hinted anything. Iger suggested temperature checks on everyone several weeks ago. But that was more him being speculative on what the parks could look like on reopening not necessarily something they were actually looking at doing.

Putting up what guidelines a theme park in other states are doing is meaningless. It is not automatically going to be adopted by Disney. Practically nothing during this crisis has been standardized nationally. Practically every decision is being left up to the state and local governments. Some states have mandatory mask orders that the theme parks in those states will have to follow. Florida does not have a mandatory mask order outside of 3 counties in Miami area. California is going to have guidelines that Disneyland is going to have to follow. WDW is going to have different guidelines based on Florida's task force and government leaders. So it's likely DL and WDW won't even have the same rules! All these states have different guidelines. So what a theme park decides to do in San Diego, California is going to have practically no impact on what Disney World does in Orlando, Florida. Florida has its own leaders that will make their own decisions.

Disney has not officially said anything at all. Nada! The only thing we have to go on is the Orange County task force, which did not make any recommendations so far concerning guests wearing masks. Universal has hinted they would require it for their staff, but has not said whether it will be required for guests. Disney has not even hinted anything. Iger suggested temperature checks on everyone several weeks ago. But that was more him being speculative on what the parks could look like on reopening not necessarily something they were actually looking at doing.

Putting up what guidelines a theme park in other states are doing is meaningless. It is not automatically going to be adopted by Disney. Practically nothing during this crisis has been standardized nationally. Practically every decision is being left up to the state and local governments. Some states have mandatory mask orders that the theme parks in those states will have to follow. Florida does not have a mandatory mask order outside of 3 counties in Miami area. California is going to have guidelines that Disneyland is going to have to follow. WDW is going to have different guidelines based on Florida's task force and government leaders. So it's likely DL and WDW won't even have the same rules! All these states have different guidelines. So what a theme park decides to do in San Diego, California is going to have practically no impact on what Disney World does in Orlando, Florida. Florida has its own leaders that will make their own decisions.
It would be bad PR not to follow suit if all other theme parks are doing it.

Why? Disney is the industry leader. They shouldn’t follow other parks. Plus many have mentioned masks would be hard to police in Disney if they are required. Why does anyone think these other parks will have any success policing it. It’s something that will last a week. 2 weeks tops until they realize there is no way to control it.

Plus Disney has a different standard on ride operations. There are ride styles at Disney that babys and toddlers can ride that at other parks they can't. Sea worlds carousel is the biggest annoyance every, they make everyone where the belt and it takes forever to load because of it. Disney no one is required to wear it. Or Universals one fish two fish is the same thing as dumbo but can't have baby on lap so they can't ride till they can sit on their own. Little things like that make Disney much more enjoyable for people.

Plus Disney has a different standard on ride operations. There are ride styles at Disney that babys and toddlers can ride that at other parks they can't. Sea worlds carousel is the biggest annoyance every, they make everyone where the belt and it takes forever to load because of it. Disney no one is required to wear it. Little things like that make Disney much more enjoyable for people.
If you have littles then Disney is the place for you.

We have a trip planned for mid July... With all the mask and reduced experience stuff on this thread, it sounds like maybe the trip isn't such a good idea. Should I cancel and just re-plan a beach vacation? Thoughts?

If you are not cancelling for COVID reasons, like not comfortable traveling if open, I would definitely not make any changes to plans based on speculation and rumours. Even the reliable rumours are totally unconfirmed. We’ve got zip from Disney.

If the unknown is making you stressed or something then yeah change your plans, but otherwise I’d just wait.

If you have littles then Disney is the place for you.

You totally missed the point. Disney doesn't do things the same as other parks already. Disney has their own standard for many things.

But I think everyone is well aware you think 100% that Disney will follow lower level parks of San Diego that at this point may not even be allowed to open for months after WDW and Universal in Florida may open.

You totally missed the point. Disney doesn't do things the same as other parks already. Disney has their own standard for many things.

But I think everyone is well aware you think 100% that Disney will follow lower level parks of San Diego that at this point may not even be allowed to open for months after WDW and Universal in Florida may open.
Disney's standard is usually higher so why wouldn't they implement even more strict rules? Or is it you're worried the Magic won't be the same.

The beach is open in my county and surrounding counties.
Lucky. We have a week at the Cape and still aren't sure if any of the beaches there will be open. Also a week in Hampton Beach in NH, and so far their beaches are closed. Not sure about Rhode Island yet.

The beach is open in my county and surrounding counties.
Beaches are currently open here in Texas. I heard that's the case in Florida as well. We love the Destin area and have stayed there a few times. We'd drive to avoid air travel. Still waiting to hear anything concrete from the House of Mouse. Would be happy to hear what real plans they have.

Disney's standard is usually higher so why wouldn't they implement even more strict rules? Or is it you're worried the Magic won't be the same.

Disney has actually less strict rules on many of their rides. vs. other parks. So yes they will make their own decision based on what they feel is the best route to take and probably will be updated as need be just as the other parks will update as need be.

Disney’s standard is higher when it will make them more money. When following the industry standard makes them more money or saves them money, they follow that. Photoboxes replacing some photographers and charging for resort parking are two examples.

Beaches are currently open here in Texas. I heard that's the case in Florida as well. We love the Destin area and have stayed there a few times. We'd drive to avoid air travel. Still waiting to hear anything concrete from the House of Mouse. Would be happy to hear what real plans they have.
My sister lives in Panama City Beach a half mile from the ocean and comes home to the Northeast for the beach. Destin is lovely. Love the Rosemary Beach area too.

Disney’s standard is higher when it will make them more money. When following the industry standard makes them more money or saves them money, they follow that. Photoboxes replacing some photographers and charging for resort parking are two examples.

Very good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter