• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think that Disney will follow what others are going to do. But so far they are not leading either.
I do think they will follow what others are doing if they are all are doing it. The House of Mouse is no different then SeaWorld in that they are both theme parks.

I tend to think they’ll be the same (or mostly the same) as area theme parks at the very least, and if they are different it’s because they are doing more.

I have to wear it to go to work, and that doesn't bother me. Why would it bother me to wear one to go to a theme park?

Wearing one because it's mandated at the place you work to support your family is completely different than spending $1000's of my hard earned money to go on a vacation somewhere.

My point is that most people are going to choose to vacation on their terms not terms dictated by someone else. Most people I know are not going to choose a vacation to anywhere that requires them to wear a mask. This isn't to do with Disney specifically.

Wearing one because it's mandated at the place you work to support your family is completely different than spending $1000's of my hard earned money to go on a vacation somewhere.

My point is that most people are going to choose to vacation on their terms not terms dictated by someone else. Most people I know are not going to choose a vacation to anywhere that requires them to wear a mask. This isn't to do with Disney specifically.

And at this point for the next probably 6 months many aren't going to be traveling or will stay close to home for all kinds of reasons. So for many whether they have to wear a mask at Disney or not won't even by on their radar. Come next spring , more than likely, masks won't be common anywhere other then by someone that chooses to wear one.

I really don't think the park capacity limitation is going to be an issue. I don't see the parks approaching anywhere near 50% capacity when they reopen.

Here's something I've been thinking of in regards to that.

I know we are all assuming that the economy is going to be wrecked, and a lot of people aren't even going to be able to travel, they'll need to cancel their vacations. And the ones that CAN afford to still travel, half of those people may not travel out of being nervous or wanting to take extra precautions. And, it's a very reasonable assumption, probably the right one. But...what if it isn't?

There is a small part of me that thinks the economy may recover better than people are expecting; a lot of people have been able to work from home.

I just hope Disney isn't relying on that. I hope they have a capacity plan in place. Because if their plan is "Let's not worry about it, we'll just let the economy take care of it for us." they could be in for a rude awakening. I'd hate for it to come down to it, and they realize people aren't cancelling their vacations after all, and then they are scrambling for a Plan B.

And at this point for the next probably 6 months many aren't going to be traveling or will stay close to home for all kinds of reasons. So for many whether they have to wear a mask at Disney or not won't even by on their radar. Come next spring , more than likely, masks won't be common anywhere other then by someone that chooses to wear one.
I agree that by spring its probably not going to be needed. In the interim, the plans that the San Diego parks, which includes SeaWorld and Legoland have planned to implement upon opening. What I find strange is that we finally have a major theme park announce their guidelines of what is being implemented upon reopening and most want to dismiss it. IMO its a good indicator of what Disney Parks will implement.

If Disney brings in the NBA there is no way the parks will open soon. You think they are going to put Joe Schmo in a “bubble community” with highly paid athletes? I find it much more likely they looking to offset tevenie losses by replacing park admissions with NBA money
Disney can ban the public from whatever hotels they want. Or some Disney Springs hotels will snap up the contract. No need to keep all their parks and most of their hotels closed just to host the NBA.

Better be prepared to wear a mask. The theme parks in San Diego will require it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter