• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing like smokers.

I think your way off. There is only a small select group that are going to spend $1000's to hop on a plane to go to Disney and wear a mask.

Honestly, if there is something going on in the world wear I actually think I need to wear a mask I wouldn't be going on vacation anywhere.

People have such fanatical thinking when talking about Disney.

No one and I mean no one where I'm from is going to vacation somewhere where a mask is required.

And yet, while there are plenty on this board who have said they won't go if they have to wear a mask, there are also plenty on this board who have said they'll wear one.

Earlier today I went through the Chick fila drive through line. It’s a hot day here. All the employees working outside had masks on. The employees lifted up their masks every five minutes to take sips of water. My point is masks are pointless outdoors in hot weather. Wearing a mask and touching your face every 5 minutes defeats the purpose of the mask.

You’re going to have people dropping over from dehydration and heat stroke. I’ve only been to WDW once in the summer and the heat was insufferable. There is no way I’m going to increase my suffering by wearing a mask.

And yet, while there are plenty on this board who have said they won't go if they have to wear a mask, there are also plenty on this board who have said they'll wear one.

This board isn't an accurate assessment of actual public opinion.

A handful of fanatical people on a Disney fan board saying they'll wear one means nothing.

Disney will never turn a profit while mandating people wear masks.

All this mask discussion is really wearing me out. Any chance we could change the subject, I dunno, maybe something like how many vacant urinals should we leave between folks? I'm thinking one or two at the most, but is that six feet? Anyone have a blueprint on how far apart the urinals at Disney are? It's all in the details afterall.
We are finding it quite entertaining! Hey, quarantining is boring and we are easily amused after a cocktail or two.

All this mask discussion is really wearing me out. Any chance we could change the subject, I dunno, maybe something like how many vacant urinals should we leave between folks? I'm thinking one or two at the most, but is that six feet? Anyone have a blueprint on how far apart the urinals at Disney are? It's all in the details afterall.
If they installed splash guards around them maybe three feet apart would suffice.

Disney likely isn't going to turn a profit again for quite a long time, for various reasons. Masks are the least of their concerns.

That is true.
Attracting people to their parks is going to be difficult for the next 6-12 months. Who knows when people from Canada or somewhere else will even be allowed to travel there. My guess is by the time I'd even be allowed to book a trip there masks will be a distant memory.

Earlier today I went through the Chick fila drive through line. It’s a hot day here. All the employees working outside had masks on. The employees lifted up their masks every five minutes to take sips of water. My point is masks are pointless outdoors in hot weather. Wearing a mask and touching your face every 5 minutes defeats the purpose of the mask.

You’re going to have people dropping over from dehydration and heat stroke. I’ve only been to WDW once in the summer and the heat was insufferable. There is no way I’m going to increase my suffering by wearing a mask.

The purpose of the mask is not about containing every breath of air in your lungs, it's about containing the fluids that come out when you sneeze, cough, or "speak moistly". It is not about 100% elimination, but reduction. It serves this purpose well, even if you have to lift it to take a drink. The primary mode of transmission is droplet exposure through the air - not touching things (ie. the touching the mask argument is largely moot). And once again.... could we move past the dehydration and heat stroke hyperbole. People wear face coverings all over the world, in climates every bit as hot (and hotter) than Disney, and they are fine. They don't drop from heat stroke.

That is true.
Attracting people to their parks is going to be difficult for the next 6-12 months. Who knows when people from Canada or somewhere else will even be allowed to travel there. My guess is by the time I'd even be allowed to book a trip there masks will be a distant memory.

I read somewhere that Air Canada expects international travel to be up and running again by the end of the year. But, I think the big thing is, while the international borders might be open for us to move through, what will the quarantine requirements be when we return? Great if we can leave the country for a week, but if we then have to quarantine for two weeks when we get back - that's going to cut out international travel for most people. Not many employers are going to grant 3 weeks leave, and I would guess not many employees can afford to take 2 weeks unpaid leave for quarantine. So many questions that way.

If Disney brings in the NBA there is no way the parks will open soon. You think they are going to put Joe Schmo in a “bubble community” with highly paid athletes? I find it much more likely they looking to offset tevenie losses by replacing park admissions with NBA money
I have been wondering this too.

I feel like a broken record, but back in February and even March we had a whole bunch of people in denial Disney would close stateside. Then the parks closed and a whole bunch were still in denial the resorts were going to follow, quite a bit of talk of resort only vacations while this was going on, even questioning if Disney would provide hurricane like entertainment there. Then we had people convinced April vacations were still going to happen, a few outliers even thought early April ones because "Disney would never stay closed for that long". Every step of the way (both regarding Disney and non-Disney related aspects of our lives) people have held onto how things were done before, which I think is totally understandable and natural given how messed up this entire thing is. Nobody would have thought any of this possible, especially forgetting Disney and looking at how daily life has changed so drastically, if we were talking about this in December.

We. Don't. Know. This is (sorry for the haters of this word) unprecedented. Even Disney experts and reliable sources are guessing quite a bit at this point. Even reliable sources with real information straight from a Disney source are not necessarily as reliable as normal given how quickly things change.

The purpose of the mask is not about containing every breath of air in your lungs, it's about containing the fluids that come out when you sneeze, cough, or "speak moistly". It is not about 100% elimination, but reduction. It serves this purpose well, even if you have to lift it to take a drink.
And depending on what day of the week it is the WHO and CDC may agree with you.

Yes if.
I'm not currently wearing a mask and have no plans to.

I respect your choice to stay home and remain mask-less. Your body, your vacation, your choice. I am just getting to the point where wearing a mask is less of a hardship than staying in my home. But that is a decision each person has to make for themselves. I wear one to the grocery, but that’s pretty much the only place I am going (and it’s right next to a retirement community). Hopefully by the time my Disney trip comes up, there will either be a viable treatment or some herd immunity and masks won’t be required. If not, I would personally rather wear a mask than not go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter