Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they are. It doesn’t mean you have to if you don’t like the uncertainty. No one is forced to book. I much prefer being able to make plans, knowing they might not happen than rush to get reservations with a few days notice. If you don’t like not knowing, don’t book.
O...I am booked and I don't mind the risk either. I'm just speaking of fairness to others. Its bad PR saying hey you are canceled 5/31...but book 6/1.

They’ve made an announcement. It’s that they’re closed indefinitely. They’re going week by week and canceling reservations as they decide to remain closed. It’s not like their original announcement was that we’re closed through 5/10 and now they’re extending it with no further announcement. Indefinitely is indefinitely. They’re covered.
It’s a very easy non-answer. But it is very hard to run life on that. It’s hard on others, too.

“Honey, I’ll be gone to Disney World indefinitely. Please continue to care for the children.”

“Boss, I’m not feeling well. I’ll be out of the office indefinitely.”

“Students, I’m taking an indefinite amount of time to grade your papers. Don’t ask.”

“Chase, it is indefinite when I will pay that Visa card bill.

Amazon: “It is indefinite when we will ship your package.”

Hostess: “Your table will be ready in an indefinite amount of time.”

Employer: “I will hold onto your paycheck indefinitely.”

Most of us can’t get away with “indefinitely.”

They're at 380.82 deaths per million. The US is at 216.92.

However, they're at about 1,100 new cases per day with a peak of 7,578 new cases per day. The US is at about 22,400 new cases per day with a peak of 36,137. It looks like things are getting better there but they are being more cautious with the situation. The US is not being cautious.
How much testing are they doing compared to the US? We appear to be doing more testing and more sites than any other country.

I understand not wanting to release when they are opening cause it's changing day to day. Where I take issue is not releasing any information on what measures will be implemented. People are booking fast passes and ADR's on the assumption that they will be available when Disney opens. There is going to be a lot of people upset when their perfect plans are changed.

I understand not wanting to release when they are opening cause it's changing day to day. Where I take issue is not releasing any information on what measures will be implemented. People are booking fast passes and ADR's on the assumption that they will be available when Disney opens. There is going to be a lot of people upset when their perfect plans are changed.

My perfect plans have been cancelled twice now. It sucks, but you deal with it and move on. There's a lot of that going on now.

Now with more evidence showing up of community spread in Florida since late December, with the Miami hosting a Super Bowl and Disney operating as normal for 2 1/2 months, there are less concerns about opening up the parks sooner I imagine.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article242480931.html
That's really interesting. We were in Disney in late January and after we got home we were all very sick with coronavirus-like symptoms and tested negative for strep and flu. We've wondered if it could have had it already, but dismissed it because it didn't seem likely. The info in this article makes it seem a little more likely.

so they just canceled everyone through May 31st...but you can book starting June 1? makes no sense. They need to make some sort of announcement with a timeline or stop taking reservations.
It will be interesting to see what happens this time next week since they've been doing these closures week by week. I guess if they don't do anything we have our answer (or they're just going to wait until the last minute, but we can cross our fingers that doesn't happen).

How much testing are they doing compared to the US? We appear to be doing more testing and more sites than any other country.

USA has roughly 3 x the number of tests then the next highest country has performed. Spain and Italy are the only 2 countries with a higher test per capita. We have around half the deaths per capita then any advanced European country sans Germany.

Last edited:
That's really interesting. We were in Disney in late January and after we got home we were all very sick with coronavirus-like symptoms and tested negative for strep and flu. We've wondered if it could have had it already, but dismissed it because it didn't seem likely. The info in this article makes it seem a little more likely.

I was sick for 2 weeks after our Disney trip. We got home 11/29 and I started coughing about 5 days later. It was the first time I ever got sick after a trip. Dry cough, fatigue, disoriented. I wasn't tested for flu because I didn't have a fever when I went to urgent care. I will always wonder if I had it.

There is going to be a lot of people upset when their perfect plans are changed.
Already been there, done that, with less than 48 hrs notice. No one could be more upset than we were, but trust me, they’ll get over it. At least they’ve known for weeks their trips are at risk. Not opening June 1 can absolutely not come as a surprise to anyone if it happens.

My family went to WDW in Jan, when we got home my daughter and myself had a very bad flu like sickness. I bet we were exposed to it.

When Disney reopens. I feel there is not be that many people flying into WDW. So they will not ? Need all those hotel rooms
SO will Disney

Keep all hotels open. Closing floors, or areas, or set of rooms
OR
Will they close whole hotels, keeping one or two Value hotels open which ones and why ? Ones by skyliner ?

What moderates
and Deluxe ? As AK because of having to take care of animals if open or not

edit. Add DVC. Will they get the Number of members to keep all resorts running

I could definitely see them consolidating hotels. Only one or two all stars. Maybe only one of pop/aoa. Hard to know since we don’t have their numbers or the numbers after they announce modifications.

Correct indefinitely is indefinitely so then do not accept reservations on June 1 do not accept any reservations until you have an announced opening day
I kind of agree with you. To me, it's not the mere fact that they are accepting reservations that was foolish, but that they induced people to make those early summer reservations with the free dining promotion. Indefinitely is indefinitely and book at your own risk and all that, but not only accepting, but actually ENCOURAGING reservations sent a signal that Disney may now be regretting.

Correct they are covered. But per that logic people could argue they shouldn’t take any reservations until they have a reopening date then. It’s no secret they want those funds and to keep that money wrapped up while it’s figured out, but at what point is that not fair.

The people that have the reservations can cancel at any time. They have about 4 grand of my money for a late June long weekend trip that was rescheduled from this weekend originally. All I have to do is call in and cancel if I want my money back. So, if you don't like Disney holding your money, cancel it yourself.

It will be interesting to see what happens this time next week since they've been doing these closures week by week. I guess if they don't do anything we have our answer (or they're just going to wait until the last minute, but we can cross our fingers that doesn't happen).
Did they officially cancel people for 5/31? It’s still has hours on 5/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter