Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they suspend the dining plan - if they are going to have to limit number of tables in restaurants will they be able to have enough sports for people to choose for their meals? And like you mention IF Epcot doesn't open that takes a bunch of restaurants completely out. Or else really limit how many plans are sold or something
They still have to feed people in the parks, it doesn't matter if they're on the dining plan or not, it just means that we as guests will have to come to terms with finiding elsewhere to eat if the place we really wanted isn't available. DH and I have mostly resort ADRs for our trip, with only 2 in park (Epcot), and if Epcot isn't open or they don't open WS then we will make two new ADRs at resorts which usually have fewer patrons than in park dining. Disney makes money off of dining plans so I see no reason for them to just stop them.

I’m on the touringplans website for FastPass, and starting Aug 1 all shows and meet and greets are listed as closed. Thoughts? Sorry if this was discussed, there’s a lot to scroll through
I think it’s been discussed at least somewhere. I think it is exactly what we pretty much all expected.

I know that they aren't allowing reservations in June to be booked, or existing reservations to be modified during the closures. However, I wonder if they open say a day after your check in date if they would allow you to check in the next open day of your reservation since the rest of you reservation is accounted for in their "capacity". I'm anticipating my 6/21 trip to be cancelled sadly. But say if they open 6/22 I wonder if they'd allow check in for the 22nd instead of the 21st if that makes sense.
Today will probably be a sad day for many of us with cancelled trips that lots of planning went into and for special celebrations for many. But, at least the anticipation will be over and we can look forward to future trips. Disney does not owe us anything by any means, but it would be cool if they would extend a special room discount or promo to those of us that were affected by the closures.
You never know, since they are announcing today there may not be another round of cancelations tomorrow (we can hope anyway).

Since they had the safety walkthrough with the local government already, I don't see the opening being that far off.
That's a good point. If they did the walkthrough, all the markers and signs had to be already in place. So much for the idea that we'd see some movement if they were preparing the parks. I think the only ones blindsided have been us. :)

This may be the most watched local government meeting ever.
The rating for Orange TV have to be increased like 2000% year to year. I’ve watched a few press conferences and task force meeting now.
I feel like I know more local officials’ names and posts in OC FL better than I do in Billings or Yellowstone County, MT. Not good, but it is what it is.

Is there a place in Vegas you can bet on how Disney will re-open the parks?
What are the odds on "Disney will require masks" or Disney will open on June 28th

Anyway .. I suspect they will just open parks first (maybe as soon as early June .. just because they have cancelled resort reservations doesn't mean the parks can't open). Disney is not going to open their resorts and not their parks (thus letting their resort guests go to their competitors parks, which will be open).

I am also of the opinion they may just open World Showcase and not Future World due to all the construction and narrow pathways. Or at least they may close a touch-heacy pavilion like The Seas and close off the touch-heavy learning games at the exit of the other pavilions.

And if the FPs in Augusts are any indication, my guess is Disney will be not having M&Gs, or indoor theatre attractions until September at least. Which is sad, as those, for a lot of people "ARE" Disney.

Do we think all resorts will open at once whenever they open them? If they do close any, will they prioritize offering other rooms to these people or could they get pushed out if other people fill those spots? I'm starting to regret our hotel choice. I feel like it's the most likely to get excluded in the re-opening because it's small.

So Universal is turning off all water features - isn't the water chlorinated? I don't understand turning off chlorinated water.

If Disney really only opens 2 parks and 3 hotels or something like that, won't most people's trips go from 7 days to 4? :D

Honestly, I hope everyone gets the news they want so they can travel, but I am so happy we aren't going until next year and hope to god things are back to almost normal by then.

So Universal is turning off all water features - isn't the water chlorinated? I don't understand turning off chlorinated water.

If Disney really only opens 2 parks and 3 hotels or something like that, won't most people's trips go from 7 days to 4? :D

Honestly, I hope everyone gets the news they want so they can travel, but I am so happy we aren't going until next year and hope to god things are back to almost normal by then.
Or the news they want so they don’t have to travel (in my circumstance lol).

Do we think all resorts will open at once whenever they open? If they do close any, will they prioritize offering other rooms to these people or could they get pushed out if other people fill those spots? I'm starting to regret our hotel choice. I feel like it's the most likely to get excluded in the re-opening because it's small.
Pure guess...I think the resorts in general, will open after a soft opening of a few days. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't condense to fewer resorts. I'm feeling safe on that since the majority of our stay is at DVC properties. I'm sure they're going to open DVC asap, whether that will be limited to DVC owners only, I have no clue, so that could blow my theory out of the water.

Pure guess...I think the resorts in general, will open after a soft opening of a few days. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't condense to fewer resorts. I'm feeling safe on that since the majority of our stay is at DVC properties. I'm sure they're going to open DVC asap, whether that will be limited to DVC owners only, I have no clue, so that could blow my theory out of the water.

I don't feel safe with the resort we picked and probably can't get too excited that we will be promised an alternative room. I wanted to alleviate some suspense in an hour but it will just be beginning. People will start filling open spaces. Would I get cancelled altogether if they decide on a whim to close POFQ and get booked full everywhere else?

They are talking things like misters.. think the mist you go through on pirates. Since covid spreads as droplets those are an easy way for it to be moved from one person to another. Yes they are clorinated but clorine while it kills the virus doesn't kill it "on contact". It would be there long enough where it could spread to a person behind you through a mister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter