Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this meeting only about tourism? I’m wondering why everyone is so excited? Is it something worth watching is really my question lol

Disney and Seaworld are presenting their reopening plan today. A meeting from earlier this morning was only about tourism.

Since we are all taking guesses, I will go ahead and take a guess too (note: like others here, this is completely me having fun, taking a guess and trying to anticipate what their proposal today will have, since the wait is killing me)!
  • Phased Opening
  • Phase 1: MK and DHS soft open first (around mid-June/week of June 22).
    • Parks open at 30% capacity; slowly increase capacity every few weeks.
    • 50% ferry capacity on MK and DHS ferries.
    • Face coverings required for CMs and guests everywhere - indoor and outdoor.
    • Temperature checks for CMs and guests.
    • No character meets.
    • No indoor shows.
    • No fireworks, parades or stadium seating shows (no HEA, no Epcot Forever, no RoL, no Fantasmic)
    • Character buffets will be served cafeteria style. Characters will make an appearance, but will not go table by table to meet guests.
    • TS and QS restaurants open at 50% capacity, every other table blocked.
    • QS is all mobile ordering.
    • Hand washing and sanitizing stations placed at the entrance/exit of every attraction.
    • Markings on the ground to indicate 6 feet of social distancing at queues.
    • No standby line. Only FP and virtual queues.
  • Phase 2: Resorts open about two weeks after MK and DHS (early July?) with transportation, at 50% capacity. Some resorts will remain closed and guests will be moved to sister resorts (e.g., POFQ to POR, All Stars sections consolidated).
  • Phase 3: AK and 1 water park open later, all parks' capacity increased to 50% capacity (mid-July?).
  • Phase 4: Epcot reopens later (August?)

• NBA deal will be a go with a fairly tight bubble (but will not go into detail today since it does not affect the parks and they need owners and players to vote on it). They will be housed at CSR with players arriving early-mid July (after accommodations done to CSR), games starting end of July and continuing through September. CSR guests will be moved to CR.

- Disney hires 3500 more ppl by tomorrow to deal with cancellations
(Sort of like the IRS just did to handle stimulus check questions)

This isn't just orange county. Go to any county commission or city council meeting and you'll hear the same thing they will be just saying them in person in normal times.

Go to any public meeting open to public comments and you will be amazed at what is said.

"no one has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public"

I think . that no matter WHAT Disney says .. I would think that any existing reservation in June/July/August can just be tossed out the window, because the trip WILL NOT be like you originally planned (if you can even go). I can't see a lot of "normal" vacationers finding value (at the price they have already paid) in a vacation where restaurants, resorts, attractions and even entire parks may be closed. Sure -- there will be diehards that won't care. I personally would go down for a day or two (without the kids) to "check it out" .. but not for a normal Disney vacation like I had back in 2019 and before.

I'm still in the "not going even if open" camp because I don't think I will get my money's worth of valued entertainment (for a "normal" week long vacation). So, I'll keep an eye on things and go months from now ... though I worry a virus spike, general economic downturn and/or inflation could make things "different" for a LONG time beyond this fall.

If Disney throws a bone to existing reservations to compensate them for the reduced experience, sure, some may keep their plans set, but I doubt that will happen. So .. I see WDW opening slowly to locals and vloggers until they can staff up, get their supply chains going, open everything and be able to handle LARGE amount of guests with less restrictions. Because until then, it just won't be a vacation destination to some.

People who have their virtual return time are jamming up on top of each other crowding the area by WoD So they can be first when finally called and ignoring CMs telling them to space out.

Considering this is the EXACT behavior seen at airport gates this should not surprise Disney in the slightest. But it seems to have 🙄

If i remember correctly, last week when UO presented, their opening date leaked out about 30-45 minutes before their presentation. I am surprised nothing has leaked out yet.

On a side note:

Disney Springs just hit capacity and is now closed to new guests

If i remember correctly, last week when UO presented, their opening date leaked out about 30-45 minutes before their presentation. I am surprised nothing has leaked out yet.

On a side note:

Disney Springs just hit capacity and is now closed to new guests
Keep in mind its the first day of the Disney stores opening so the v/bloggers have all shown up. I think DS will be much more calm and guest respectable in 2 days.

Keep in mind its the first day of the Disney stores opening so the v/bloggers have all shown up. I think DS will be much more calm and guest respectable in 2 days.

Ya, pending weather (there's like a 90% chance of storms over the next 4 days in Orlando) I may try to go tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter