Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct indefinitely is indefinitely so then do not accept reservations on June 1 do not accept any reservations until you have an announced opening day
That would be horrible for a travel business. Which is probably why no travel business that hopes to re-open this year is acting like that. If guests don't want to risk a reservation- they won't make one.

Eventually there will be a last closed date and an opening date, so they're gonna have to cancel up until X date and open on X date so I don't see a problem.

They haven't been taking reservations at WDW until 6/1 anyway.

What is more interesting is when/if they start cancelling DLR June since they stopped taking those reservations today(?) it looks like...
Disneyland is canceling everything until July.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/06/disneyland-resort-hotels-push-back-reservations-until-july/

What does a virtual queue look like? Kind of like the old fastpass where you scan your band and are given a return time?
totally unknown.

My totally uninformed opinion is it will operate kind of like DAS with a return time after you join the line but a virtual version that doesn't require CMs and instead of entering via FP line you enter in the normal line when your time comes. I see it operating separately from FP system so they can still do FPs and the rule will be you can be in one virtual line at a time. Also suspect there will be something about requiring you to be in the park but they will need to be careful about not causing a ROTR style jam to get into the park in the morning... OH! could be they open the park normal and once a line reaches a certain point they turn on a virtual line for it and you come back at an assigned time?....

Already been there, done that, with less than 48 hrs notice. No one could be more upset than we were, but trust me, they’ll get over it. At least they’ve known for weeks their trips are at risk. Not opening June 1 can absolutely not come as a surprise to anyone if it happens.
That's true... March cancellations were more of a gut punch due to the short notice. I too was only a couple days out from starting my trip. I got suspicious it might happen a couple weeks out but I didn't really believe it, or feel the emotional hit from it, until Disneyland announced they were closing. Gosh that night sucked.

That's true... March cancellations were more of a gut punch due to the short notice. I too was only a couple days out from starting my trip. I got suspicious it might happen a couple weeks out but I didn't really believe it, or feel the emotional hit from it, until Disneyland announced they were closing. Gosh that night sucked.
Did it ever. It can’t possibly hurt as much this time.

I think no news is good news when it comes to June trips at this point. If they knew with some degree of certainty they *couldn't* open June 1st I think they would make it known, either directly or by quietly cancelling with the same timeframe they've been doing the May dates. A little less than a month before the possible opening, I don't think they're going to risk saying it's definitely opening.

The flip side of that, is if they aren't able to open there's going to be less warning.

I like it! But curious...how so? How is it good news?
To me, if they stopped taking reservations for June at WDW, that would signal that they don't really plan to be open and would soon start canceling existing reservations..?? Since they have not done that yet but have at DL is good news...(just my thinking and and I could be way off base)

Did they officially cancel people for 5/31? It’s still has hours on 5/24
No. If this goes like the others it will become official tomorrow or the next day when TAs are notified and the calendar is updated.

(But imho it is as good as official when we start seeing reports here on the DIS of cancellations at various Disney hotels.)

To me, if they stopped taking reservations for June at WDW, that would signal that they don't really plan to be open and would soon start canceling existing reservations..?? Since they have not done that yet but have at DL is good news...(just my thinking and and I could be way off base)
I think the same... and now I bet most people watching for June openings are going to be checking if WDW is allowing june booking like everyday until the next announcement. I know I will :sad2:

Here’s an even more positive twist- If there are existing reservations at DLR they have not cancelled, they could be limiting capacity and have as many current reservations as they want for a June opening at DLR.

All of the resorts will reopen. Disney makes far more money off resorts than off parks. That's why they only have 4 parks, yet over a dozen resorts & more still being built. They want every penny and are not going to antagonize guests or encourage them to cancel by closing their reserved resort.

Planes are still flying and people who are willing to visit WDW might as well be willing to fly. It is an irrational assumption to think that WDW would actually be safer than flying, as far as contagion is concerned.

Here’s an even more positive twist- If there are existing reservations at DLR they have not cancelled, they could be limiting capacity and have as many current reservations as they want for a June opening at DLR.
If it was World that would make more sense. But Disneyland has around 2500 rooms total on site. Wouldn’t think they would need to limit on site guests. Also I don’t think they can count on reservations they have. Some are probably just waiting to be cancelled by Disney with no intention of keeping there reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter