Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

I agree as well. Its something we ride every trip since it usually carries short wait times. But it is dated and needs a nice refurb. But I say the same for COP. I cant even ride that its so boring. Its pure nostalgia.

Only reason I ride COP is nostalgia. Just rode it again last week and man is it tired and old. But it's pure Disney nostalgia. It's just one of the things you do but I still love it and the People Mover. I'll also be the first person to say that both attractions probably need to go because Tomorrowland is one of the worst lands in the park. If Tron is going to look similar/same as the other version of it, it's going to stick out like a soar thumb. It's sleek and cool looking. The rest of the land looks odd with the Retro-Future look that it's got.

From my perspective and opinion, (not saying it's the only/best opinion just mine), the pavilions look like a tacked on afterthought in that park. You go there because you've always gone there. You tour them because it's what you do at Epcot. All the attention and focus of that park is the World Showcase, and rightfully so. Outside that, the rest of the park is just tired, dated, old. The whole things needs to go from the architecture to look. There is a reason why they are demoing some portions and completely changing others. It's really needed. Everything in that half of the park needs that treatment.
As someone who’s taken architecture courses I think Epcot has some of the best architecture in all of WDW.

I don't remember riding LWLT at all as a kid (I could have, but it definitely didn't make an impression). I only came to appreciate it as an adult, same with COP and the Country Bears.

I just watched Country Bears for the first time last week. Pretty cool show and I enjoyed everything about it. Sounds levels were a bit off though. I liked it because it was different and silly and I had just gone on Splash. I was with my three kids (6 4 and 1) and it really didn't effect them or have any lasting impression.

If it was a Woody show like the one rumor suggested, it would have been a big hit. The kids LOVED Toy Story Land just watching the characters walk around.

Just an anecdotal story.

The Land pavilion is one that our whole family enjoys and can actually experience all together. It can't be down to "nostalgia" as we have members of our party from 15 down, and they love the Land just as much as the adults.

Seas has never done it for any of us, but we aren't big on aquarium type attractions anywhere, not just at Disney.

Would love to see a refresh, but for us, the Land is great as is. I do think the two areas are easy targets when it comes to rumors.

Living with the Land didn't do anything for me and my family, but again everyone is different and it's not a jud
As someone who’s taken architecture courses I think Epcot has some of the best architecture in all of WDW.

While having taken architecture classes before is nice and lends itself to your opinion, there isn't a wrong answer here obviously. Just opinions and I respect all of them. I personally do not care for some of the aesthetics. I am extremely interested in what the 5 year plans are for Epcot. There is so much potential for it to be an amazing park and not what may be the least attended park once DHS gets a full year of SWGE under it's belt.

Our first trip wasn't until 2004, but EPCOT is our least favorite park. Too spread out with not a lot to do, unless you want to eat and drink. I love Living with the Land, but lets be honest, it is a ride to burn your 3rd fast pass on. I'm looking forward to the changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter