Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

Went through the Land today with the family. Soarin is great. Living is below par of the dark ride Hershey Park has about making chocolate. My mother who has never been there said the whole pavilion looks like an 80s mall that should have been demo'd 15 years ago.

The seas should probably be completely redone since they can't demo in fully. What a waste. The place is trash tier.

Anyone that enjoys anything but soarin on that side of the park is engulfed in a nostalgia high.

Can't wait to see the full refurbishing in the entrance. The whole place looks dark and dirty and like an abandoned mall that hasn't seen functionality in 20 years.
Completely disagree. And I don’t have nostalgia, I didn’t go in the 80s and barely even the 90s.

They’ve been updating both pavilions too. New carpet in the seas. Interiors of the tanks.

Land has a great quick service option and the ride just got its film updated this past week.

Completely disagree. And I don’t have nostalgia, I didn’t go in the 80s and barely even the 90s.

They’ve been updating both pavilions too. New carpet in the seas. Interiors of the tanks.

Land has a great quick service option and the ride just got its film updated this past week.

+1

Just rode LwTL today after having missed it on the 3 previous trips. I forgot how much I enjoyed it! While it does play second fiddle to Soarin, I think it compliments it well. My family considers it to be the non-fiction version of Navi. And maybe the same can be said for Soarin / FoP.

I also agree about Sunshine Seasons. A better than average quick service location with an abundance of (air-conditioned!) seating is a plus in my book!

First time I stepped foot in Epcot (or WDW for that matter) was in 2011 when I was in my late 20s. I love the Land and especially LWTL. I can ride coasters better than any at WDW all over the place, but I can't ride anything like LWTL anywhere else.

It has nothing to do with Nostalgia.

To each their own, but the place looked awful and dated. Sorry man, but rugs aren't going to save the Seas and a movie isn't going to save the Land. Both pavilions look tired and old.

The seas it just old, dingy, dark and unengaging. It's not a good aquarium. I don't know if it's possible to fix at this point.

Living with the Land, like other older attractions at WDW, is a split in my family. Some like it, some leave it. But I find that true with almost anything older such as Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, heck even Jungle Cruise and before it shut down the Great Movie Ride (DW was not sad to see that go). To each their own right. Having said that, I don't know the criteria on which WDW shuts down an attraction or replaces with a new one, but I'd have to guess they have some statistics with Cost to run the attraction vs Number of Visitors vs avg capacity and some other factors.

I really don't understand all of the hate on the website that started this rumor. It's called a rumor for a reason. And they aren't the only website to report news like this. They have had rumors that never came true plenty of times but so did everybody else.

And I do think these pavilions need MAJOR updating. But demolishing them is a horrible idea. Disney is really taking the original purpose of epcot and shoving it in the trash. Most of the original rides are either gone or rebranded now. There is no learning aspect to it.

I really don't understand all of the hate on the website that started this rumor. It's called a rumor for a reason. And they aren't the only website to report news like this. They have had rumors that never came true plenty of times but so did everybody else
It’s not the rumor it’s about how they present such and how they conduct things outside their site. We really don’t need to keep bringing this up. There are numerous other sites to use.

To each their own, but the place looked awful and dated. Sorry man, but rugs aren't going to save the Seas and a movie isn't going to save the Land. Both pavilions look tired and old.

The seas it just old, dingy, dark and unengaging. It's not a good aquarium. I don't know if it's possible to fix at this point.
I certainly agree with you about The Seas, the pavilion as it is today is considerably worse than it was originally. Taking it back to its original design and story would be a huge improvement over what has happened to it. Something certainly needs to be done to it.

The Land on the other hand certainly need some refreshing and modernization, especially in the food court area but the greenhouse and the ride thru it are still great and very relevant in today's world.

Anyone that enjoys anything but soarin on that side of the park is engulfed in a nostalgia high.

Nostalgia high??? Nope.

I don't disagree all the pavilions need help. And with all the green initiatives out there, it really shouldn't be that tough, with the exception of the small little displays they tend to do here and there.

To write them off completely, is ridiculous.

Went through the Land today with the family. Soarin is great. Living is below par of the dark ride Hershey Park has about making chocolate. My mother who has never been there said the whole pavilion looks like an 80s mall that should have been demo'd 15 years ago.

The seas should probably be completely redone since they can't demo in fully. What a waste. The place is trash tier.

Can't wait to see the full refurbishing in the entrance. The whole place looks dark and dirty and like an abandoned mall that hasn't seen functionality in 20 years.

I agree as well. Its something we ride every trip since it usually carries short wait times. But it is dated and needs a nice refurb. But I say the same for COP. I cant even ride that its so boring. Its pure nostalgia.

I really don't understand all of the hate on the website that started this rumor. It's called a rumor for a reason. And they aren't the only website to report news like this. They have had rumors that never came true plenty of times but so did everybody else.

I don't either. I wasn't going to share that I met their team a few weeks ago for about 3 hours, but you made me reconsider. I have pics I could share, but that would be in really poor taste.

I don't remember riding LWLT at all as a kid (I could have, but it definitely didn't make an impression). I only came to appreciate it as an adult, same with COP and the Country Bears.

The Seas definitely needs a big boost. They have incredible animals (I'm a huge lover of manatees), but the pavilion itself doesn't really encourage you to spend time in it, and the Nemo ride doesn't really capture the wonder of the oceans. With a little creativity (and perhaps a little stealing of ideas from other great aquariums!), it can be brought to life. The Land, however, I have no nostalgia for (my Disney obsession started this decade), and despite that, LWtL is a must-see for me each trip. I find the nature scenes uniquely immersive, but I particularly love the greenhouses. I like seeing what is new, blossoming, being harvested, etc. each trip. For me, it's a unique attraction, and I'm thrilled it has an updated final film! The Behind the Seeds tour is also one of my favorite add-ons. I also love Soarin', in spite of the need to remedy the curvature of certain scenes. The mechanism of the ride is thrilling in a non-scary way. Also, getting rid of Sunshine Seasons would be a tragedy! I have significant dietary restrictions, and it's one of the few quick service places in Epcot that can actually accommodate me. For me, the Land needs sprucing, not a major overhaul like the Seas.

both are crowded every time we go. My boys, ages 7 and 8 loved both. We spent over and hour in the seas pavilion last week.

I know we'd be upset if they closed them.

The Land pavilion is one that our whole family enjoys and can actually experience all together. It can't be down to "nostalgia" as we have members of our party from 15 down, and they love the Land just as much as the adults.

Seas has never done it for any of us, but we aren't big on aquarium type attractions anywhere, not just at Disney.

Would love to see a refresh, but for us, the Land is great as is. I do think the two areas are easy targets when it comes to rumors.

Honestly I don't think they will do anything to the Land Pavilion. I mean look at the Wonders of Life Pavilion it's still standing as an eyesore. Plus with them focusing on Ratatouille in the France Pavilion, a whole new country being added, a brand new entrance look and a new restaurant as well as completing Guardian's of the Galaxy they probably won't have the time to focus on the Land and The Seas. Then again who knows what the future has in store for Epcot 🤷🏽 they already are ruining the meaning of Epcot but ehhh it is what it is.

Ok but if any of this is true, I'm going to become the foster fairy godmother for all those lady bugs in the Behind the Seed tour of The Land. Just sayin' 🐞:flower1: princess:

The Seas has SO MUCH potential. I watch the show about the Atlanta aquarium and I am planning a trip around going there. The Seas could be that too. I remember my awe in its early days! Divers coming in through the ceiling into the center through the Hydrolator (I think it was called), and a dolphin show from below water! We sat around a tank wall with a trainer and she had the dolphins interact with her and us in a unique perspective. FANTASTIC. There were always shows and things going on. If they do anything now I never see it ..If they rethought this attraction I would plan a trip around it. Like the Gorillas and Tigers in Animal Kingdom The exhibits are world class! Fix this Disney! (Oh and BENCHES in those hallways!)

Nostalgia high??? Nope.

I don't disagree all the pavilions need help. And with all the green initiatives out there, it really shouldn't be that tough, with the exception of the small little displays they tend to do here and there.

To write them off completely, is ridiculous.

From my perspective and opinion, (not saying it's the only/best opinion just mine), the pavilions look like a tacked on afterthought in that park. You go there because you've always gone there. You tour them because it's what you do at Epcot. All the attention and focus of that park is the World Showcase, and rightfully so. Outside that, the rest of the park is just tired, dated, old. The whole things needs to go from the architecture to look. There is a reason why they are demoing some portions and completely changing others. It's really needed. Everything in that half of the park needs that treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter