Rumor WDW Annual Pass Upgrade During Renewal

Ms Bibbidi

DIS Veteran
This official Disney Question and Answer webpage is a concern!
This was posted August 14, 2022, so it is very recent.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...e-annual-pass-may-renew-pass-even-not-513979/

The question asked was by Evelio, a Florida resident.

"If I currently have Pixie annual pass, may I renew to any other pass even if it's not currently being sold?"​

Now, this is on a Disney.go.com official website.
The answer, after consulting with an official Disney cast member was ... NO!

"After discussing your question with a Cast Member, I was able to gather some more information. Being that you currently have a Pixie Dust Pass, you can only renew your pass to this exact one since no other passes are being offered at this time. Once other passes are being sold again, you should be able to upgrade your pass at any time to a more desired pass. This was the case in the past, so I'm hoping that this will be true again in the future."​

In March 2022, I was informed by a Cast Member that at renewal time I could upgrade to any of the four tiers of passes, provided I was eligible for the new pass.
I was also told that if new sales started before then, I could also upgrade then, but my upgraded pass would have the same anniversary renewal date as my Pixie pass. It is not prorated. Same for adding options like water parks or photos.

This answer on the official Disney website says upgrades during the renewal window are not authorized. We have to renew into the same tier as long as new AP sales are paused. So, which is it?
Are people doing renewals still getting all the choices for their residency?

Last edited:
Interested in answers to this too. I was just checking on my renewal today. I am in my window. I currently have a pixie pass but want to upgrade to the sorcerer for the upcoming year. It allowed me to select it and go through the pricing but I wasn't ready to purchase today so I am not sure if it will actually go through. Would love to hear from someone who has renewed and upgraded recently.

Interested in answers to this too. I was just checking on my renewal today. I am in my window. I currently have a pixie pass but want to upgrade to the sorcerer for the upcoming year. It allowed me to select it and go through the pricing but I wasn't ready to purchase today so I am not sure if it will actually go through. Would love to hear from someone who has renewed and upgraded recently.
That is hopeful.

The Plan Disney website is the old "Disney Moms" website. Sadly, they sometimes get things very wrong just like CMs can give very wrong answers when you call. I'm cautiously skeptical of the reply.

The Plan Disney website is the old "Disney Moms" website. Sadly, they sometimes get things very wrong just like CMs can give very wrong answers when you call. I'm cautiously skeptical of the reply.
Good info to factor into it. Thank you Marionnette.

It is very confusing because it is on a disney.go.com web address. That is what Disney uses for their ticket and pass information.

It is very confusing because it is on a disney.go.com web address. That is what Disney uses for their ticket and pass information.
Pretty sure Mom's panel was too.
It was official program through the Disney website.
Didn't make their answers any more accurate.

Pretty sure Mom's panel was too.
It was official program through the Disney website.
Didn't make their answers any more accurate.
That is terrible. The guy who asked the question is probably going to miss out on a higher tier pass because of bad advice.

Has anyone renewed an annual pass at WDW in the last few days? We’re you given a choice of all the tiers that you are eligible to renew into?

I know someone who is upgrading to the top level pass using this route (not me). I believe it is Incredi-Pass. I’ll be curious if this is open to all, or just for some, and if so, how long it stays open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter