Rumored Changes to G+

💡

I think this might actually be a good option. Genie++, where you pay an extra fee of $150 and a bot books your pre-selected LLs when they become available. Maybe with a limit of how many LLs can be booked this way or something similar.

Should make the rich planner folk happy without eating actual reservations before everyone else can access them.
The super rich planners just buy the VIP tours. They don't bother with any of the Genie+ stuff.

It wasn’t a bot booking them. It was a phone call with club services 90 days ahead of your trip only available to those staying club level. They were allowed 3 extra prebooked FPs before everyone else for an extra $150. I don’t remember the exact cost, maybe it was an extra $50pp per day, but you had to pay for 3 days. I think if it were offered to those outside of club level at that price, demand would have exceeded supply.
It doesn't really matter how they were working then. Just how it would be implemented now. If 3rd party apps can bot it, why wouldn't Disney? It's honestly a great solution for their problem, ppl are already willing to pay the 3rd party, they just need to block those out and implement their own more expensive system and voila! Phonephobic folks would be happy, cause they would have their option they are willing to pay for without eating up reservations beforehand and shutting out everyone else from the most wanted LLs.

The super rich planners just buy the VIP tours. They don't bother with any of the Genie+ stuff.
Indeed. This is for those in this thread that are not super rich so they don't buy the VIP tours but want to pay 500$ to not be on their phones. It's a small percentage for sure but apparently one that exists.

Indeed. This is for those in this thread that are not super rich so they don't buy the VIP tours but want to pay 500$ to not be on their phones. It's a small percentage for sure but apparently one that exists.
Or Disney could just formalize a VIP tour group that allows people who desire to pay that $ to join a tour as individuals until the max of 10 people per tour fills up. That already happens via FB groups. I thought I saw a thread on it here at one point too, but that type of solicitation may not be allowed.

Phonephobic folks

I don't think complaints about being on the phone equate to being phobic about utilizing phones. I'm totally for mobile ordering but kinda don't want to feel like as soon as I'm tapping in on a ride it's time to look for another ride to book. I'm on MDE to check ride times but don't necessarily want to feel like everything about my day centers around my phone. I think there would be a convenience factor to having a bot book something for you but that doesn't mean it's for people who hate using smart phones. Lot of people are fine using phones evem while on vacation they just don't like how much reliance has come about at Disney to use one.

In other threads on this forum, the mention or naming of third-party apps to assist in ADR, and securing lightning lanes is strictly prohibited.
Yup, they claim it's due to technical difficulties :( I never used the paid ones since Touring Plans worked really well.

I was speaking of ADRs for DL direct from Disney's site or the app. As of May of last year it was still impossible to make ADRs for Blue Bayou, even months in advance. Charge me $100 per person for the reservation and I will absolutely pay it.

I was speaking of ADRs for DL direct from Disney's site or the app. As of May of last year it was still impossible to make ADRs for Blue Bayou, even months in advance. Charge me $100 per person for the reservation and I will absolutely pay it.
There isn't a single restaurant on WDW property that I would pay $100 to book a reservation for. None of them are even worth $10.

There isn't a single restaurant on WDW property that I would pay $100 to book a reservation for. None of them are even worth $10.

I mean, agreed. WDW food is pretty bad. I just watched a video where the crappy food at Yak and Yeti ended a bad marriage and I felt that so hard. But again, I'm talking about DL. At WDW I'd maybe pay a $50 table fee for Coral Reef, but that's it.

I was one of those who was very loudly supportive of an express/max pass situation when we heard there were paid options coming to fp+ I wanted the ability to just walk into the short line for $$$$. Still 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I mean, agreed. WDW food is pretty bad. I just watched a video where the crappy food at Yak and Yeti ended a bad marriage and I felt that so hard. But again, I'm talking about DL. At WDW I'd maybe pay a $50 table fee for Coral Reef, but that's it.
What? Pls tell me you are joking

I used that one too because it was free, good to know it no longer works. I admittedly only used it for that 2022 trip and only for 2 restaurants (one with just my husband and I and one for our group) but I know people used that one a lot.

It is an all around strange thing I think to even have a service like a bot scooping up return times even crop up. Of course people are ingenious and someone was bound to come up with it but I could see Disney offering it themselves as a Concierge-type spin. I believe that's how the 3 added FP+ for Club Level (the ones you paid $150 for) worked IIRC that someone was booking those for you?? Or maybe I'm not remembering that correctly. But at least it was a person doing it not bots.
Personally going to try Standby in early March. $45 add-on in the grand scheme of what genie+ costs over the same number of days is a small add-on. We've had friends use it and loved it, and generally got favorable return times and the system keeps checking for you versus you having to play the genie slots. I also just want to have my own first hand knowledge of it to compare against my own experiences doing genie+ myself to see if its any added value...viewing it more as research than anything else.

This is for those in this thread that are not super rich so they don't buy the VIP tours but want to pay 500$ to not be on their phones.
"I want something I can afford, but don't make it any cheaper; I don't want the riff-raff using it."

the crappy food at Yak and Yeti ended a bad marriage
If you mean the counter-service place, I can believe it. That place is nasty. The table service spot had some good dishes the last time I was there, but it's been a minute. I recall a soy-ginger steamed fish with bok choi that was really good.

and this is why these disney vacations are so darn expensive now.....

"I want something I can afford, but don't make it any cheaper; I don't want the riff-raff using it."
For my family it has nothing to do with making better for our benefit. We want a system that when we do it use it is worth it. When we do get express pass at Universal the goal is to get multiple rides on a attractions. For us it's not worth buying just to save the wait on 5 or 6 rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter