Rumors about Fantasy

I’m hoping they start mixing it up a bit more. Have the Fantasy go through the canal. Have her do some semi regular longer cruises. Try two ships in Europe.

I really hope they don’t just have her doing more of the same that we already have, at least not 100% of the time.
The Fantasy is too big to go through the PC which is why it’s only been the smaller class ships

This has been discussed to death and the Dream and Fantasy can fit.
I was under the impression that the Bridge of Americas clearance was too short for both the Dream and Fantasy…. I didn’t realize that has been remedied… good to know

I was under the impression that the Bridge of Americas clearance was too short for both the Dream and Fantasy…. I didn’t realize that has been remedied… good to know
I wonder how they fixed that

I think that the Fantasy will split time between San Diego and Port Canaveral.
I was told that both the Dream and Fantasy will head to Europe, with one staying year round. There’s also the new Florida terminal Disney is building (Fort Lauderdale?)

I was told that both the Dream and Fantasy will head to Europe, with one staying year round. There’s also the new Florida terminal Disney is building (Fort Lauderdale?)
Disney doesn't fill most of the European cruises in the summer unless they offer discounts. I can't imagine that there's a large enough market for a Dream-class ship in the off season.

Disney doesn't fill most of the European cruises in the summer unless they offer discounts. I can't imagine that there's a large enough market for a Dream-class ship in the off season.
I agree. NCL tried it before and failed and their rates are much lower than Disney.

I was just poking around on the DCL website and got offered a survey. Among the questions asked were which destinations I'd be interested in sailing to, with a list of like 20 places including some that Disney doesn't currently offer like South Africa, South America, and Japan. I made some selections (probably 8 or so) and got follow up questions asking how soon I was thinking about Alaska (I had chosen Alaska as one) and the other asked me why I had *not* chosen Europe. I don't know if they always ask this question (I don't remember getting it before, especially not with the targeted follow-up) but maybe they're trying to gauge interest on whether Europe is worth expanding or not?

Something I read about the Fantasy is it will still do 7 night cruises out of PC but are going from Sunday to Sunday. Of course it is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

I was just poking around on the DCL website and got offered a survey. Among the questions asked were which destinations I'd be interested in sailing to, with a list of like 20 places including some that Disney doesn't currently offer like South Africa, South America, and Japan. I made some selections (probably 8 or so) and got follow up questions asking how soon I was thinking about Alaska (I had chosen Alaska as one) and the other asked me why I had *not* chosen Europe. I don't know if they always ask this question (I don't remember getting it before, especially not with the targeted follow-up) but maybe they're trying to gauge interest on whether Europe is worth expanding or not?

I got this one too, but I had checked off Europe, so I was totally confused. But Alaska and Europe are my "bucket list" destinations between airfare and time off needed.

I wonder how they fixed that
It hasn't been "fixed," it was always like that. There seems to be a misunderstanding of what the actual height of the ship is that has to fit under the bridge. Since some of the ship sits underwater, it's not the full height of the ship that has to pass under, but the height of what is above water.

So, someone looking at the 'true' height of the Dream class ships would easily see they are too tall. But that's not the measurement that needs to be used. (I know there are more accurate/nautical terms to be used here but I don't know them so I'll stick what I do know, lol. Someone may come along and correct me).

There is a problem with the propulsion system. They skipped CC yesterday to make sure they made it to port on time today for the next 8-night cruise which has been changed from Bermuda to a Western Caribbean w/ 2 stops at CC. The cruise that was cut short is getting 25% off a future cruise and up to $200 stateroom credit, the Bermuda now Western has 20% off a future cruise.
We actually got $250 obc per Cabin plus a 25% off future cruise. This was the cruise that had the engine issues, not the Bermuda cruise. We got in on Saturday 9/9.

We actually got $250 obc per Cabin plus a 25% off future cruise. This was the cruise that had the engine issues, not the Bermuda cruise. We got in on Saturday 9/9.
Thanks for clarifying; I had seen others saying up to $200 and must have gotten confused.

Fantasy will be “retired” to 3 and 4 nighters in the Bahamas unless they fix the engine. No way anyone in their right mind should do a transatlantic or PC cruise on the fantasy. That ship is a disaster waiting to happen. Also, why would Disney expand in Europe anyway? 1) they cannot handle what they have there now and cannot compete with other cruise lines there, 2) airfares are through the roof, 3) European countries are making it more difficult for Americans to travel there (e.g. new visas in UK), 4) US government making it more difficult for Americans to travel abroad (good luck renewing your passport) and hello random mandates.

But those two new LNG ships are limited and are a weight around dcl’s neck. Much like electric cars, they are a pain in the ___ to fuel and can only be done so in, well as far as I can see at this point, it’s Canaveral and is ny on? Must be because carnival has a lng ship out of there. Disney’s lng ships are attached to Canaveral as if on a leash. When Miami gets online maybe there will be two leashes. Lol. But I’m just an observer, so what do I know.

Fantasy will be “retired” to 3 and 4 nighters in the Bahamas unless they fix the engine. No way anyone in their right mind should do a transatlantic or PC cruise on the fantasy. That ship is a disaster waiting to happen. Also, why would Disney expand in Europe anyway? 1) they cannot handle what they have there now and cannot compete with other cruise lines there, 2) airfares are through the roof, 3) European countries are making it more difficult for Americans to travel there (e.g. new visas in UK), 4) US government making it more difficult for Americans to travel abroad (good luck renewing your passport) and hello random mandates.

But those two new LNG ships are limited and are a weight around dcl’s neck. Much like electric cars, they are a pain in the ___ to fuel and can only be done so in, well as far as I can see at this point, it’s Canaveral and is ny on? Must be because carnival has a lng ship out of there. Disney’s lng ships are attached to Canaveral as if on a leash. When Miami gets online maybe there will be two leashes. Lol. But I’m just an observer, so what do I know.
I really liked the 4/6 night cruises they offered for October/November 2024.

That's the biggest Brit issue too! We really don't get it that cruise ships aren't British! Lots of the UK cruiselines automatically include tips for that reason and I've always said DCL should for the ones leaving the UK as its so unfair on the crew. The amount of people you see at GS removing tips is madness!
^^ this is embarrassing quite frankly.

Brits need a visa or visa waiver to go almost anywhere and it doesn’t stop us, they usually aren’t too bad either (ESTA (US) and ETAs (CA) that is, a full visa is a bigger ordeal but that’s only needed if you don’t qualify for an ESTA of get denied. I think the new European one is similar to both of the ones above but haven’t yet done one so I can’t speak to it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter