1/1 - 1/9/21 Update

Ladies and Gentleman I give you a perfect week :-). Well, maybe not perfect but all the walks got done plus a little extra so for all intents and purposes - perfection!

WK 1 Plan -
Sat - 30 min walk ✅
Mon - 30 min walk on lunch break✅
Wed - 30 min walk✅
Sat - 3.11 mile walk. ✅

So I guess lets start with Saturday! My husband was home, so I left the dogs with him and set out on my own. 1.85 miles in a little over 30 mins! It felt great (mentally)! Physically, it felt fine but my plantar fasciitis was acting up a tad.

Sunday - My friend reached out to me and a group of girls to let us know she has been working to be a certified personal trainer and is taking her final test in Feb! So created a work out program for the month of January and offered to create a FB group and help keep us accountable in exchange for Before and after pics that she can use once she starts her business. I messaged her privately and explained my goal to run walk or jog a 5k every week through 3.11 and that I would be doing couch to 5k along side her program. I asked her if she thought that was doable and I explained that this goal would be my priority over her plan. She seems to think both will be doable and understands that my running will take priority. After looking through her plan it's pretty moderate circuit training so I think I'll be able to manage both well.

Later Sunday, I was walking around my house and IDK if I stepped weird or what, but I felt a little pull in the top of my foot and a sharp pain all the way through it. It felt soo sore for the next few hours and you could see the swelling. I iced it, rested it did a little research on what it could be and alot of the exercises that came up in google were the same exercises my physical therapist gave me for PF. It got better after a couple hours but between that and the PF during my walk, I think I'm going to need to make my return to running a little slower than originally planned.

Monday - Was the first day of Megan's work outs. It was a cold grey morning, and I slept in instead of doing her work out in the am. On my lunch break, I had to decide between doing her circuit or going on my 30 min walk. I reminded myself that running/training was my priority and that I should go for a walk. My only hesitation was that her circuit was a lower body work out, so I thought that doing the walk 2nd would probably help shake things out. The deciding factor was my dogs. They were a little rambunctious through the first half of my shift, so I thought a walk could do them good. Because I had the dogs, It was a slower walk, a little over a mile in 30 mins. Once I got off work, I did Megan's lower body circuit. A lot of the exercises in her lower body circuit are the same as the ones given to me by my PT so I skipped the PT.

Tuesday - Total body circuit. 30 mins nothing crazy, but she did have me doing surrenders which are my least fave but one thing notable, I didn't have to do the modification this time.

Wednesday - Rest day from Megan. I decided to take the dogs for separate walks instead of 1 walk together. So I did a half mile loop with Chester came home swapped dogs and did 3/4 of mile with baker. It ended up being a little over 30 mins.

Thursday - Upper body! Although, I forgot to start my watch, so does it count? My shoulders say yes but my heart says no...

Friday - Toughest day mentally and physically. It was cold and gray, even snowed for 5 mins, I slept way later than I wanted and then I sat on the couch until 3:30, before I finally decided to do the work out. Jump Squats, Burpees and Bicycle Crunches. It was not for the faint of heart, but also I survived so 10/10.

Saturday - The big 3.11! The walk it's self wasn't too bad. A little long and I wore the wrong socks so my shoe was rubbing the back of my heal. My PF started hurting around mile 2 but nothing un tolerable. Other than the foot pain, I felt great. Happy to be out there - the weather was perfect and it's hard to explain it, but I felt it in my thighs that I was ready to run! I decided to play it say and not run due to foot pain. I did have to run a handful of times to get past a driveway that cars were pulling into really fast, and even that teeny tiny bit of jogging caused a burning sensation in my foot so I know I'm not ready for that yet. And about 30 mins after the walk... I know I need to walk a little more before I start running. My back, feet and ankles felt like I ran a half marathon. It was bad!

Plan for week 2!

Weather is looking good all week long.

Monday - 30 min walk on lunch
Wed - 30 min walk no dogs allowed (they slow me down and I'm trying to build my endurance back so that the 5k doesn't hurt as much.)
Sat - 3.11
(all of this is in addition to Megan's work outs on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri.)

I'm feeling good! A little disappointed that I'm still walking in week 2, but there are literally no races right now, and I have no reason to push myself. Just listening to my body and feeling good to be active again! See ya next week :-).

Last edited:
Update 1/10 - 1/17!

doing this from my phone so please excuse typos and the weird format.

Sunday - rest day. No issues there! Still felt a little sore from the1/9’s 5k but nothing unmanageable.

Monday- woke up with a migraine. Stayed in bed all day didn’t do any exercises.

Tuesday -felt better went back to work, but was too exhausted to work out once I clocked out. Skipped lunch to try and catch up from missing Monday. So lunch break workout wasn’t an option.

Wednesday - felt fine physically, mentally struggled. It was a plan rest day for my friend Megan’s plan and I had planned to walk 30 mins. Thought about sticking to the plan and just getting caught up with the other workouts on Thursday but I just kept pushing it off. So Instead, I did half of Monday’s Megan work out, and half of Tuesday’s. (Her work outs are circuits that you repeat, so essentially I just did 1 circuit from each work out.) I think this was mentally easier for me to break down by exercise and that’s why I went for that instead of the walk.

Thursday - I did Megan’s work out and cooled down by walking a mile after.

Friday- I did Megan’s workout.

Saturday- I woke up to snow! It wasn’t called for and nobody knew it was happening it was just there. Thankfully by 2p it was sunny and the snow was gone. I knew that based on how I felt last week, I wanted to keep this weeks 5k easy and flat. So we loaded the dogs into the car and took them to a local bike trail. It took us about an hour and a half but my 2nd 5k walk is completed.

I had less foot-pain in general this week, and I definitely didn’t feel as awful after Saturday’s 5k as I did the week prior. Thinking because I took it very slow and kept it flat and not because of any improvement. I think that since I still had a little pain and Megan’s workouts are amping up this week I’m going to go into week 3 walking again. This is not the return to running that I wanted but I think it’s the one I need. Also, I’m feeling really good about Megan’s workouts at the moment and I’m enjoying them a lot. I only have 2 more weeks of her plan, so I’m just trying to enjoy that more. I know it can only help my foot.

Since I’m doing this update away from my laptop, I’m not going to make a plan for next week until I can sit at a computer pull up the weather and look at my calendar all at once, so I’ll make a new post tomorrow with the plan for the next week.

Time to plan!

Weather for this week. Another perfect forecast (and I double checked all the days to make sure there was no snow hidden in there).

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Lower Body/ Maybe 30 min walk. *
Tuesday - Total body *
Wednesday - 30 min walk*
Thursday - Upper body - 15/20 min walk. *
Friday - Total body *
Saturday - 5k*

*I went to grab a bag at the grocery store yesterday (Sunday) and felt a very sharp pain in my lower back. It hurt pretty much all day but with alternating heat and ice as well as ibprofen it felt better this morning. Did my lower body work out; however, about an hour after I finished, the back pain returned. Not as sever but it's there. So all workouts will be based on how I'm feeling.

I am better than this!! I'm not quitting!

Update from week 1/17 - 1/23

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Lower Body ✅ Maybe 30 min walk.- 🚫 *
Tuesday - Total body ✅
Wednesday - 30 min walk* 🚫
Thursday - Upper body - 15/20 min walk. *🚫
Friday - Total body *🚫
Saturday - 5k*🚫

1/24 - 1/30 - Nothing!

Last edited:

Okay that last post seems a little short and odd and that's because it is. Basically it used to be ALOT longer . I kind of turned my brain off when writing it and had a mental break down right there on the screen. It was quite the pity party so after I woke up I realized I probably shouldn't have posted that and I deleted it. That said, it was VERY therapeutic and I'm feeling a million times better!

The crux of the situation is that I'm overwhelmed. These are all the things going on in my life.
  • It's review season at work.
  • I can't seem to get on a proper sleep schedule
  • We are renovating our basement.
  • We are trying to have a baby
  • My house is a mess despite paying my sister to come clean once a week.
  • Trying to do a 5k every week and pretty much exercise 6 days a week.
Last time I got overwhelmed I accidently took running off of my plate. I don't want that to happen and if the last 2 weeks are any indication, it's clear that I'm headed in that direction. Looking over my list, there isn't a whole lot I can take off but I think I can do things to make all of them a little less burdensome. So here goes.
  • I probably shouldn't share the details here, but I have 3 things that I've changed there and that will make it easier.
  • This is the hardest because I work 9a -6p 3 days a week and 3p -12a the other 2. I'm going to set a sleep schedule of 12a - 8a. I'm sure that first day waking up at 8am after not falling asleep right away will be tough, but if I'm consistent, hopefully it will work.
  • Not much I can do about the basement; except try and turn my brain off when we are not actively working on it.
  • Gonna keep trying for that baby, but I think I can take a break from tracking ovulation and all of that stuff. If it's meant to happen right now, it will. If not, then I won't have a daily reminder reading those stupid little test strips.
  • I'm going to stop sitting on the couch for TV and Video games. I realized today that I'll turn on to watch one show and the rest is history. This should free up enough time to keep things tidy between my sister's visits. If not, then I'll just have a messy house.
  • I'm going to do 30 mins of exercise 3 days a week. Mostly easy walks/runs but if I'm in the mood for something else, then I'm not putting any pressure or expectations on how this goes.
Okay! Here goes nothing!

I think it's better to adjust to what reality currently is than to try and force reality to conform with what you really want it to be. This should never mean giving up on goals and hopes, be they family related, life related, or fitness related. Rather it means being willing to accept that less can actually be a whole lot more.

Exercising 5-6 days a week is a good goal, but if life circumstances are interfering with that goal in a major way, there is nothing wrong with adjusting that goal to 2-3 times a week. In the end, 2-3 times will always be more than 0. And when life allows it to resume, then you can work on getting back to the ideal.

Motivation!

Been thinking about that a lot lately. Disney used to be a huge motivator for me, but after attending a runDisney event I’ve kinda decided that’s not my scene. Don’t get me wrong, most of the things that went wrong during princess we totally my fault and I think if I had adhered to the training and been a coral or 2 earlier, I would have had a completely different experience. The thing I couldn’t get over though was the cost of the trip, the crowd levels while we were there and the lack of Disney I got to experience while at Disney (especially again for the cost this go around.) I’m not saying never by any means, but it’s not exactly pushing me out the door to go running anymore... in fact the one scenario I see myself returning to runDisney for, the Marathon, completely terrifies me and makes me want to stay under the covers! So, it’s safe to say that at best my feelings towards runDisney are neutral and is not a motivator anymore. (Please don’t kick me off the boards for that lol)

So what is my motivation now?The last couple days I’ve been trying to figure out what I want most. The answer is vacation/adventure. Specifically, I wanna go to the beach for a weekend. I’d settle for staying in a hotel across town but what I really want is to pack up my husband, dogs and sewing machine and sit on a deck watching the waives crash to shore while making a quilt and getting quality snuggles in with the dogos!

Quick diversion, but it’s important to the story. My husband and I each get a $40 week allowance. We started that when we first got our apartment and opened a joint checking account. At the time, I made more money than Josh and even though he was totally fine with it, I was terrified that it would cause problems. So the idea was, all of our money went into 1 account and we each got $40 a week to spend however we see fit. So all of our bills, food and anything for us came out of our account and if say I wanted a pair of shoes that we couldn’t afford because of bills , food or other priorities Josh never has to tell me “no” he can just say we need to budget and save for X amount of time, or you can use your allowance. It’s been a great system for us!

Back to motivation. We don’t have money for a beach trip right now. We are trying to finish our basement, pay off the last of our debt and save for a future little one. So a beach weekend is out of the question! So I’m going to pay myself my allowance to work out/run. If I truly get to save $40 a week, I’ll have $360 dollars in 9 weeks. I found a cute little beach house for $350, and Josh agreed that if I pay for the house, we can pay for gas and food while we are there! It’s Win Win!!!

So here’s how it works. I’m going to make a plan each week for the following week. I’ll the. Divide $40 by how many days I work out that week. So to make the math easy, if I plan to work out 5 days a week, each workout will be $8 towards the beach trip! If I only work out 4 day that week, I’ll put $32 aside for the beach and transfer the other $8 back to our communal funds. If all goes well, we’ll have our toes in the sand in 8 weeks time. If not, then I’ll find something to do with money I did save, or I’ll add more time. Either way, I think the slight smell if ocean breeze will for sure push me out the door more days than not!

Also, a quick update to the last post. The new sleep schedule is working somewhat well. I take a melatonin at 11:30 and that pretty much guarantees that I’m asleep by 12:30am at the latest. Waking up at 8 is going well, but actually getting out of bed, not so much! It’s so cold these days and the dogs just look so cute, it’s hard to get up. That said, that’s something I just need to power through. I’ve still been watching tv on the couch but now I make sure I do a quick once over around the house before I sit down, or I’ll fold laundry while watching. The changes at work are helping a little and I feel less overwhelmed. Getting myself out of the funk, I know realize my poor husband is also just as overwhelmed as me which isn’t helping either of us, so he emailed a contractor to see how much it would be to finish the basement. I’m feeling motivated enough to exercise more than 3 days a week so I’m going to try my friend Megan’s circuits again. I owe her before and after pictures and I’m feeling guilty that I agreed to her plan and fell through at the closing bell! I am just doing her plan though. I’m not going to add any walking or running into it because I think that contributed to my failure last time. Plus, they are calling for snow and Ice for the foreseeable future so it feels like a good time to stick to indoor workouts.

Welp! See ya next week for an update!

Oh yea. The actual plan for this week.

Sunday - Rest :-).
Monday - Lower body -$8
Tuesday - Total body - $8
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Upper Body $8
Friday - Total Body $8
Saturday - 30 mins low intensity cardio. $8

Also, I did ask Megan if I could share her circuits and she said yes so, here it is. It's nothing too intense, but it's movement and a routine.

Attachments

• Jan Workout Plan.jpg.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 3
Been thinking about that a lot lately. Disney used to be a huge motivator for me, but after attending a runDisney event I’ve kinda decided that’s not my scene. Don’t get me wrong, most of the things that went wrong during princess we totally my fault and I think if I had adhered to the training and been a coral or 2 earlier, I would have had a completely different experience. The thing I couldn’t get over though was the cost of the trip, the crowd levels while we were there and the lack of Disney I got to experience while at Disney (especially again for the cost this go around.) I’m not saying never by any means, but it’s not exactly pushing me out the door to go running anymore... in fact the one scenario I see myself returning to runDisney for, the Marathon, completely terrifies me and makes me want to stay under the covers! So, it’s safe to say that at best my feelings towards runDisney are neutral and is not a motivator anymore. (Please don’t kick me off the boards for that lol)

I totally get this. I shudder to think what I have spent on Disney vacations since 1992. (A lot). And race weekends have always been accompanied by a feeling of having to do it all--run, parks, etc--in a fairly short period of time. So I said 2020 was my last, because I have done enough RD races, and the value proposition/enjoyment of a Disney vacation has dropped precipitously. (But I will say that 2022 is a one-of of just wanting to do a race and see great people)

I think the idea of non-Disney experience runs is appealing. I am an older runner, and like to travel. I think it's time to embrace that. I think doing some kind of race when travelling is a great idea. I am eyeing the Dramathon in Scotland as one, but at this point would love to just travel anywhere and even run a 5k.

The thing I couldn’t get over though was the cost of the trip, the crowd levels while we were there and the lack of Disney I got to experience while at Disney (especially again for the cost this go around.)
I understand that. I've been fortunate enough to be able to schedule enough days outside of races to not feel like I shortchanged the Disney experience outside of the races. But I've also been fortunate enough to visit both Disneyland and Disney World a lot over the years. I may well feel very different about the cost of runDisney if I felt it was taking away other aspects of the Disney experience. My best recommendation should you decided to do another runDisney event is to give yourself sufficient park time either before or after the race(s) to help out with the missing out aspect. Plus, I think it's just great fun to experience the parks with a race medal after a good night's sleep.
I think the idea of non-Disney experience runs is appealing.
My first non Disney race was an eye opener. I was in the last corral and was shocked when I started the race approximately 5-7 minutes after the very first corral. The race estimated 20,000 runners, but they were looking at all races during the weekend, not just the one. I was used to 20,000 runners in one race at Disney. It was a lot of fun, but also different. Sometimes I think runDisney feels like a huge party celebrating running, Disney, and almost always involves at least one very moving and/or powerful story of survival, friendship, loss, and renewal. Not that these cannot happen at other races, but for whatever reason they are spotlighted at runDisney events and that adds to the feel of the weekend.

I think the idea of non-Disney experience runs is appealing. I am an older runner, and like to travel. I think it's time to embrace that. I think doing some kind of race when travelling is a great idea. I am eyeing the Dramathon in Scotland as one, but at this point would love to just travel anywhere and even run a 5k.

Traveling and running races is a wonderful way to see the world. I love going to new cities and getting a different view of them while making my way through a marathon than most people normally experience as a typical tourist. Big city marathons, especially, take you through many of their most beautiful neighborhoods and past lovely buildings, but they do tend to nearly always venture into the sketchy areas too, and that's often where the really interesting scenery and environment lies.

Update!!

Beach Funds - $32

Sunday was rest day! Done!
Monday was leg day - Done!
Tuesday was Total Body - Done!
Wednesday was rest day - Done!
Thursday was upper body - Done!

Friday was Total Body - not done :-(. We had an ice storm hit and it was just one of those days where you took the comforter to the couch and snuggled the dogs while watching cartoons and other nostalgic TV. I was worried about my husband driving home from work and when he was home, I just kept being lazy. Honestly hindsight being 20/20, it was worth the $8 to have a lazy day before what was to become an eventful weekend.

Saturday was 20 -30 mins of light cardio. We took our dogs for a half mile walk and I'm counting it. After 24 hours of the trees being covered in inch thick ice, branches started falling left and right. Huge branches! And after having one the size of a small tree hit our house in June, it's a sensitive subject. The first branch of our back yard tree fell at 9am just after I woke up. It landed in our yard, missed the house but it was the size of a small tree, made a huge noise and I just started crying. I got mostly calmed down only for another large branch to fall from the highest point of the tree and land right on the one that had already fell. That one wasn't huge, but it was large and it fell from the tippy top so it was not an insignificant thud when it hit the ground. I started calming myself down and then you guessed it, this time from the front yard. That one was also a large branch from high up and narrowly missed blocking the road. This pattern continued and as the day went on, I started flinching at ever little noise I heard. We took my blood pressure because I was convinced that I was having a heart attack. BP was fine (a little low actually) but my resting heart rate was 84... and that was at 8p. We had to take the dogs for a walk, because the yard was too frozen and the sky was literally falling. It was less than the 20 mins and probably a little easier than Megan intended when she made this work out plan, but It was movement and I think I earned my $8 toward the beach!!

Sunday was rest day - done kinda! I woke up for work at 8am and Josh was telling me about the one that fell overnight that I miraculously slept through. As he's telling this story, we start to hear the cracking of another branch and the subsequent bangs as it hit other branches on it's way down and finally hitting our deck and house. It dented our gutter a bit, but as far as we can tell that's the only damage. There is still to much ice on the deck to try and get on the roof to check. We didn't have power for the first couple hours so I just went back to bed until the power came back on a little after 11am. Then I log into work. My mom called and was on her way to our house to take a shower (she didn't have power either and they have well water so when the power goes out the well pump doesn't work). She then called me about 15 mins later to tell me she was heading back home because my dad had fell and busted his eye. He was fighting my sister that he didn't need to go to the ER so my mom had to take him. Between the stress of not knowing what was going on with him and the constant sound of ice falling off the trees (which sounds exactly like tress falling) I was done. I texted my boss, signed out of the computer, packed up the dogs and we went to my mother in-laws house and took our dogs and hers for a 3/4 mile walk. Then we visited her for a couple hours so that by the time we got home, most of the ice had fallen off the trees and roof. Meanwhile, they took my dad to urgent care and they sent him to the hospital because of his age. They get to the hospital and he had 3 stitches in his eye and they were going to take him back for a CT scan. The doctor came in and talked to my dad and decided that since he was alert and talking the whole time, he didn't need the CT scan and they sent him home. So I guess he's fine - I would have preferred they do the scan though but they went to med school not me so I just have to trust that.

Overall we had 7 major branches fall and have officially decided to cut one of the trees down. We'd been considering it for a while but it provides quite a bit of shade and helps with cooling our house in the summer so we didn't want to loose it. But most of the shade fell off the tree this weekend so it's outta there!!! Just another thing on our list.

Other updates -
-The bed time routine isn't working. During the week, I can't stay up till midnight and if I wake up at 8am on the days I have to work till midnight, I'm miserable from 10p on. I have been better at not sleeping in on my early days though and will continue to work on finding a good time on my midnight days and weekend.
-I feel so much better about not tracking everything for baby. In fact, I happened to open my app during the super bowl to find I was late so I took a pregnancy test only to be disappointed that it was neg. Having that disappointment really made me realize how much better I have been feeling since I stopped tracking every little thing and stopped with the ovulation tests. I was a little worried I was making a mistake and I could miss our one window and all of that, but I feel so much better now that I know that was the right call.
-My sister couldn't come clean Friday because of the ice storm, but she really didn't need too. I still watch TV and play video games (they just released a huge update on 2 of my fave games) but I make sure I pick up a little before sitting down and I've started watching Netflix and Disney + on my phone so I can pick up and watch TV at the same time!

Plan for this week is the same-

Monday - Legday
Tues - Total Body
Wed - Rest Day
Thurs - Upper body
Fri -Total Body
Sat - 20- 30 mins of light cardio

opinion, does that look like $8 worth of workout? I was the one on the back of the truck passing out the wood so I touched and lifted every piece. I also worked a 10 hour shift in office today with no lunch so I’m exhausted. Not to mention we delivered that to my parents who live a 30 mins away so I haven’t even been home for 5 mins. I did only do the unloading, my husband loaded up while I was still at work.

I feel like I have 4 options.
  1. suck it up and work out when I get home. Probably not going to happen.
  2. Say this is good enough take my $8 and roll on.
  3. Say this isn’t good enough and count it as a skipped workout with no $8
  4. Count today as Wednesday’s rest day and do today’s workout Wednesday
Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

Okay! Apparently I'm not the kind of person that can take a day off, because it snowballs into a mess. Didn't work out Tues, was going to do it Wed; however, didn't. Then I just forgot today. I mean there is an hour left in the day so I could quickly do the work out before going to bed but I'd rather just get back on track tomorrow. This is were working out in the mornings would definitely come in handy. Get it over with first thing. IDK just felt like I should expose myself (the point of this is accountability after all.) Getting back on track tomorrow!

Okay! Apparently I'm not the kind of person that can take a day off, because it snowballs into a mess. Didn't work out Tues, was going to do it Wed; however, didn't. Then I just forgot today.
It's so easy for that to snowball in a hurry. I skipped my Wednesday run because I had something came up that truly was more important. So while I felt fine about that, when I got home from work later than I had hoped yesterday evening after a hectic and stressful day, I had an argument with myself about why it was "acceptable" to skip last night's run in light of everything. Somehow, I managed to convince myself to not skip the run. But even two or three consecutive skipped runs or days off result in weeks and months of skipped runs for no other reason than because.

Update!!

Total Beach Funds - $32
Added this week - $0 :-(

Between the weekend long anxiety attack at the beginning of the week and then prepping for what was predicted to be an even worse ice storm the rest of the week, I just didn't get it done. Also, I was ready to give myself $8 for stacking that wood on Monday; however, after further and honest reflection that's not what this is about. Sure that was a work out and a half; however, that's just not the plan and the more I thought about it, the more it felt like cheating in a way. Especially because after I got home and got some food in me, I felt perfectly fine and still actively chose not to work out.

I found a video in my phone from a few months ago. IDK why I filmed it because I didn't post it anywhere. I think I just wanted to have it for myself. In my little video to my self I said "I don't want my kid to be unhealthy." I went on to explain that I know that as hard as it is to make healthy decisions now I know that it's only going to get harder when I have pregnancy hormones, and then a non existent sleep schedule, and then a screaming toddler. And then after the toddler phase comes a tiny human who already has preferences on what they like and want and if we start bad it's just harder to make those changes. I do feel a sense of urgency to eat better and we have been, but not as healthy as I want. I feel a sense of urgency to get some kind of workout regimen down before getting pregnant and I truly want to make those changes. But when it's go time, I fail to start. I need to just do it!

Lessons learned this week -
  • Never skip a Monday! I thought that was just a cliché affirmation that the beach body coaches post on Instagram but sometimes things are "cliché " because they are true.
  • Just do it! I'm honestly more of a New Balance gal but I guess I have to admit that even Nike had some wisdom there.
  • And finally to quote the Disboard's favorite running coach "If you want something, prove it." I have outlined my motivations, both superficial (beach trip) and more significant (having a healthy family). I know what I want, I just have to prove that I'm willing to work for it.
Also, I added the song from the greatest showman to my running playlist last night (This is me). I haven't seen that movie yet, but I heard that song the other day and it triggered finish line feels. I wanted to just grab my running shoes and go run a marathon right then and there. It was kind of an emotional moment and it inspired me not to give up!

Plan for this week is the same but I'm adjusting certain workouts to be worth more "beach money." The logic is that some workouts are mentally harder and emotionally more important. So for those workouts, I'm giving myself a little extra motivation.

Monday - Legday - $10
Tues - Total Body $6.67
Wed - Rest Day
Thurs - Upper body $10
Fri -Total Body $6.67
Sat - 20- 30 mins of light cardio $6.66

My post it note did not work in the sense that I snoozed my alarm until it was time to go to work! It did work in the sense that it was the first thing I thought about this morning and it was in the back of my mind for the first half of my day - got it done on my lunch break!

Tomorrow's note - "It may be warm and cozy in bed, but it's warmer at the beach - get your a** out of bed!!!"

Something magical just happened!

I was getting dressed for my workout and not feeling it. I turned on my running playlist hoping that it would get me hyped up and the “this is me” song came on. I instantly wanted to go running. I said no I have a plan I’m sticking to the plan. I kept getting dressed. I had let the dogs out when my lunch break started and I popped my head out to check on them before getting my water. It’s beautiful outside! 58 degrees not a cloud in sight and a light breeze. “Man I wish I could go for a run!” I come back in to finish getting my water and putting my shoes on... still not excited to do this workout and I said “skew it!” And went for a run! I still had an easy interval workout saved on my Garmin so I put it on.

My legs were still feeling yesterday’s workout a little but it was magical!! I ran when my watch beeped and I walked when it beeped again. I started fast because it just felt so darn good and then I realized I should probably try and keep it easy. My foot started hurting a tiny bit around a half a mile mark and I finally had to walk the whole last tenth of a mile. I think if I had started easy, I probably could have run/walked a whole mile before it started hurting. Which honestly is the most encouraging feeling!

As far as the plan goes, I’m just swapping Saturday with today so that I’ll still get that total body circuit done.

Man, I needed that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter