• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RunDisney returning to West Coast in 2024

We want to check out Nintendo Land or whatever it's called, whenever that opens at Universal over there, so I'll probably try to loop it into a race weekend! I never got a Coast to Coast Challenge medal.

I've been quietly percolating the idea of Dopey 2024... I swore I'd never run a Dopey, but taking this season off is making me re-evaluate my choices, and adding Coast to Coast to that would be pretty epic. Registration would require an army of bots maybe.

Can you imagine registration 😂

I'm in, if I can get in!
Its going to be absolute chaos.
Just remembered: OMG they can do Marvel there right??!!!!
Yep. I was thinking about this when I was visiting DL last weekend. It's going to be nice to be able to run through Avengers Campus.b

Honestly not the healthiest for the wallet. But I'm kinda hoping most if not all of the races come back.

I was legacy for Tink and they had said before they would honor it. I am also legacy for the Disneyland Double Dare.

I just want the races back.

In the past, they’ve had four race weekends, I think I have this right:

Mid January: Star Wars Light Side
Early May (first weekend?): Tinkerbell
Labor Day weekend: Disneyland Half Marathon (no specific theme)
Mid November (weekend after W&D): Avengers

They certainly don’t have to stick with past themes but if they go with four weekends again I’d expect something like this.

The registration is definitely going to be an interesting affair. The way the room erupted on the live stream when D'Armo made the announcement says interest in the races hasn't abatted at all in the past 5 years. And probably will just grow in the next two.

I was very happy with my decision to retire from running but then this happened and I definitely want to do a Disneyland race but I'm already stressed out about the negative impact the training will have on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter