Running trail at Aulani?

juju

DIS Veteran
Usually seems to be a walking/running trail at the nice resorts. We stayed at Aulani about 5 years ago and can’t recall though. If there is a trail, does anybody know how long or wide it is?

There is a nice paved trail by the water that winds around the lagoons in Ko-Olina. AllTrails calls it "Ko Olina Beach Park Walking Trail". It's 4.7 miles according to All Trails. It's heavily trafficked but great for a morning run/walk.

The only one would be the path along the beach that goes behind all the resorts, as PP mentioned. The sidewalk on the front of the resort, along the main road of Ko Olina, would likely be less busy but not as pretty.

There is a nice paved trail by the water that winds around the lagoons in Ko-Olina. AllTrails calls it "Ko Olina Beach Park Walking Trail". It's 4.7 miles according to All Trails. It's heavily trafficked but great for a morning run/walk.
Interesting. When I walked from Aulani to the far end (ie past lagoon 4) where the harbor entrance is and then back to Aulani along the waterfront path I only managed to get ~3 miles. I'll have to look at AllTrails site.

Interesting. When I walked from Aulani to the far end (ie past lagoon 4) where the harbor entrance is and then back to Aulani along the waterfront path I only managed to get ~3 miles. I'll have to look at AllTrails site.

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/t...ebar-static-map&ref=sidebar-view-full-map&u=i

The person who created the trail started at the Marriott, went as far as they could go past the Four Seasons, then back past the Marriott and around the loop by the marina, and finally back to the Marriott.

From TrainingPeaks log and Strava, the path along the beach is .81 miles from the Marriott to Four Seasons, 1.21 miles from the Four Seasons to the end of the side walk at the Marina, and .5 miles from the Marina back to the Marriott. One loop was around 2.53 miles according to my Garmin. If I remember correctly, the loop by the Marina was under construction. This was June, 2017

The sidewalk is at least 6 feet wide.

I checked the link and it looks like the all trails route goes past the 4S over to another smaller cove. When I was there last (2019) you couldn't go past the 4S. Perhaps they went ahead and walked through the 4S guest areas anyway?

I thought 4.7 seemed incorrect as I remember running around 3 miles per day also.

The linked AllTrails loop was more than the 3 miles because they ran:
- Marriott to the 4Seasons - .8 miles
-4 Seasons to the Marina - 1.1 miles
- two circles at the marina - .55 miles
- Marina to the 4 Seasons - 1.1 miles
- 4 Seasons to the Marriott - .8 miles

That is 4.35 miles. Depending on if they had to go around people and how far the went up the path of the 4 Seasons would give the 4.7.

On MapMyRun it also looks like a small path connects the side walk with the smaller cove next to the 4 Seasons. It looks like a sandy path.

The linked AllTrails loop was more than the 3 miles because they ran:
- Marriott to the 4Seasons - .8 miles
-4 Seasons to the Marina - 1.1 miles
- two circles at the marina - .55 miles
- Marina to the 4 Seasons - 1.1 miles
- 4 Seasons to the Marriott - .8 miles

That is 4.35 miles. Depending on if they had to go around people and how far the went up the path of the 4 Seasons would give the 4.7.

On MapMyRun it also looks like a small path connects the side walk with the smaller cove next to the 4 Seasons. It looks like a sandy path.
As OKW lover already mentioned, that path at the 4 Seasons is usually if not always roped off. The last time I was there was Thanksgiving 2019 so maybe it’s changed since then. There is that path/road that goes between the Aulani and the 4S that you could run on to get around the 4S headed that direction. It’s not as pretty though. Going the other direction, from the Aulani past the Marriott, there is a decent sidewalk that runs along the main road once you hit the Marina if you want to go to longer. The golf course would be across the street on the left hand side on your way out away from the Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter