S/o do you look like your parents

Nobody has ever said that to me, but there are not many people alive today that saw my dad in person, he passed away over 50 years ago when I was 9. I think I look like me, with no feature standing out from one parent or the other. My wife is a perfect mix of her parents, you can see their features in her.

Nobody has ever said that to me, but there are not many people alive today that saw my dad in person, he passed away over 50 years ago when I was 9. I think I look like me, with no feature standing out from one parent or the other. My wife is a perfect mix of her parents, you can see
their features in her.

I am sorry you lost him so young

I got my mom's distinctive blue/green eyes (my mom's friends remark on it anytime they see me) and my dad's coloring. Both of my folks look amazing and more importantly are in great health, I got a lot of that from them.

Not any more.

When I was in my teens I looked so much like my dad that people would mistake me for him.

Now I'm a hundred pounds heavier than he is. Also, he's 67 but looks 97. I wear facial hair, he doesn't. My hair is short, his is long. Both of us have salt & pepper hair, but his is far grayer than mine.

I kind of am a combo although I think I look more like my dad. I have his eye and hair coloring. Lots of people say I look like my mom when they see us together. My dad died when I was 8 but when I see someone who knew him they can't get over how much I look like him. So who knows. I will say that I'm 1 of 4 and 3 of us look very much alike. 1 brother could belong to another family.

I am sorry you lost him so young
Thank you. It certainly impacted many of my views. DW's parents had divorced when SHE was 9 and she and her mom moved cross country. Her relationship with her dad wasn't strong, just because of the distance between where they lived. I just told her, "at least you can pickup the phone and talk to your dad". So she did. And that caused him to pick up the phone and call her, and I am very pleased to say they reconnected.

I look like my moms family. She's one of 6 girls and lots of people know the family. I've been stopped in stores and asked "are you related to the X girls?" Why yes the oldest is my mom. Lol. My aunt was also stopped in a store by a long lost friend of mine. We lost contact but she said she knew we looked alike so she asked her if she was my family and gave her her number so I could call her.

Yep. My mom's family genes are incredibly strong. Everyone has the same features on that side.

Yes I can be my moms twin

View attachment 255026

Yes I was obese and extremely embarrassed and the red head is my mom

Tink, are you saying you were obese in the photo?? You were soooo not obese! You look like you're at a healthy weight and were a beautiful bride!

Yes! I look and sound a great deal like my father. I've been known to have fun with that over the years. Of late I've found if I ride bikes in my parents neighborhood, neighbors will complement my father for his bike riding exercises.

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer:

All my life I've been called by my mother's name, not just on her side of the family but my dad's as well. I have photos of the two us when both teens where we could be twins except mom has a button nose and I decidedly do not. Now I look much more like my paternal grandmother everyday but definitely have my mother's build.

All my sister's life she's been told how much she looks like my dad except she has mom's button nose and build. Now she looks more and more like my mom everyday.

Both my parent's mother's came from the same type of "stock" for a lack of a better word. Pioneer women built sturdy and meant to have lots of babies. Brown hair with some redheads thrown in, predominantly hazel eyes. If I walked to the center of St. George, Utah right now I would be easily pegged as related to my father's family by complete strangers. On the flip side of that I could walk into Sandy Valley and be pegged as related to my mother's family. I've noticed this about the women my uncles have all married, that same "sturdy stock" look. All from around the same region going generations back. So everyone looks similar, you can tell what area they're from.

I could have been twins with my mom. Very very much alike. My mom passed away 3.5 years ago and have been going through old pictures. Found pictures of my mom when she was a child and people can't tell if it is her or me.

I look a lot like my mom. I'm really not looking forward to looking the way she does now at 73. She smokes and I never have so I hope that will help my skin and how I age a tiny bit.

I take after my father.....dark hair, olive skin. My mother was light.
DD looks like me. DS looks like DH. DGD looks like DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter