S/o do you look like your parents

Nobody has ever said that to me, but there are not many people alive today that saw my dad in person, he passed away over 50 years ago when I was 9. I think I look like me, with no feature standing out from one parent or the other. My wife is a perfect mix of her parents, you can see their features in her.
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father so young.

Just like my Dad. Even my Aunt. Years ago I met a guy who happened to be from my Aunts hometown. After we figured out we knew the same people, he did comment on how much I looked like my Aunt.

One of my favorite games to play is "family genetics" at Disney. It's fun to see families who all look alike. Genetics is really fascinating. Sometimes every.single. family member looks the same and sometimes only a few. It really is amazing...hair, eyes, legs, height. So fascinating!!.

Image-03.JPG Image-01.JPG My Dad, and Mom in their 20's.

Mom passed 11 years ago she was 88.

I look like my dad, and have my mom's emerald green eyes. Most of her family had green, and immigrated (forced to settle along with many more England settlers) from Ireland to Newfoundland, Canada in 1600's.

Dad at the end of WWII he was 27. He passed at 63 years young, when I was 29. :(

Photo123.JPG

Last edited:

I was adopted. Lots of people said my dad and I looked alike when I was growing up, which I always thought was funny.

I've met my biological mom and biological siblings. My two sisters and I look similar to each other. Nothing like my brother. I don't think we look like our mom.

Yes I can be my moms twin

View attachment 255026

Yes I was obese and extremely embarrassed and the red head is my mom

First, you weren't obese. You look beautiful. I can definitely see the resemblance to your Mom.

My grandfather on my Dad's side always said I was his favorite grandchild, because I looked so much like my grandmother. I'm the youngest grandchild of 72. Obviously, my grandmother was getting up in years, when I was born, so I never got to see how she looked at a younger age. There were no pictures going back that far. Everybody always said I looked like her though. My Dad also looked like his Mom, so the question is..... Do I look like my Dad or my Grandmother? :p

I have always heard that my mom and I look very much alike, but neither my mom nor I see it. I did get her beautiful bright green eyes though, which I love. I actually think my half brother and I look the most alike in my family.

View attachment 255092 View attachment 255091
Dad in his 20's Mom in her 20"s Mom passed 11 years ago she was 88.

Dad at the end of WWII he was 27. He passed at 63 years young, when I was 29. :(

View attachment 255090

I feel your grief. :hug: I am the youngest of six. My Mom turned 40 the day I was born. When my parents passed away at a fairly young age, I felt cheated. My older sisters had parents for much longer. I still needed them. Eventually I grew to realize that some people, like my niece, lose their moms when they're 8. :sad1: I was fortunate to have the years I had, but that doesn't make it easier. There are times, when I still would love to call my Mom for advice or my Dad for strength. :(

a little bit like both, but I look most like the Mail Man

Funny story. My deceased sister that I've mentioned previously & I worked at the same company for awhile. As I mentioned earlier, we have very different coloring. Based on that alone, we didn't look alike. People that my sister worked closely with kept telling her that we didn't look anything alike. They didn't believe we were sisters. Her usual reply was that I was the mail man's. She thought it was hilarious & always stuck to her story. I found out about this, after the fact. I had a job that gave me much more freedom than hers, so I would spend some time hanging out with her, when I had downtime. Eventually a coworker got up the nerve to ask me, if it was true. I had no idea my sister was telling them that & replied, "of course it's true. Our Dad is a mail man." The coworker was so embarrassed & my sister was cracking up. Good memories. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

You were not obese. Obese is a medical term and not a "oh I feel fat" term.

You may have been a few pounds over what you think you should have been (you look great to me but I know everyone is more critical of themselves than other's are), but you were NOT obese.

I well edit the post but I had friends and family say that I was over weight at the time of
my wedding

How rude of them! Even if they are 'perfect' in weight (which I highly doubt) they have no right to say anything like that about your wedding day.

My younger daughter is my mini-me. When she works with me, people ask if I'm her mom. She tells them "No, that's my older sister - always wear sunscreen!" She's such a brat :)

Nobody has ever said that to me, but there are not many people alive today that saw my dad in person, he passed away over 50 years ago when I was 9. I think I look like me, with no feature standing out from one parent or the other. My wife is a perfect mix of her parents, you can see their features in her.

I too am very sorry. You were so very young. :grouphug:

I favor my dads side of the family. When I was younger I looked very similar to my late aunt when she was a child. My older DD is my mini me in appearance.

I look like my uncle (Dad's brother), which has led to a lot of family jokes aimed at both my uncle and me! :teeth:

We actually both look like my paternal grandmother's father and her uncles. My Dad just happens to look more like his dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter