S/O: Do you put your elbows on the dinner table?

Do You Put Your Elbows on the Dinner Table?

• Yes

• No

• I never noticed

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
My Mother would come back from being dead and smack me if my elbow(s) hit the table during any meal.

I try not to do it, but once in a while, slip up. My parents were old school and my Dad especially was strict with table manners. Had to always wash hands before eating. Elbows off the table, napkins on lap. My siblings and I had chores that we took turns doing and one of them was setting the table (another was clearing and doing dishes), with forks, knives, napkins, glasses etc. in the proper places. We didn’t answer the phone, and were told not to have our friends call during dinner time. When we were finished, we had to ask permission to be excused to leave the table.

Old school here (or maybe just old). Left hand is in lap unless actively cutting meat or buttering bread (one bite at a time). Right hand used to convey food to mouth then put down to chew. Right hand used to drink beverage.

No elbows on the table while eating. If we sit around talking for a while, maybe....but I would glance about for the lightening strike.

I don’t understand. Their hands were clean enough to eat (and be “right up there in your face” but their elbows were too dirty? So, they managed to clean the stalls using only their elbows? I have so many questions (clearly).
Begging your pardon Sir Duff, my post was a complete fabrication, which is why it was punctuated with a :P
I'll work to improve my made-up posts going forward.:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter