S/O: Do Your Kid/Kids look like you?

hereyago

Miss My Boy Nubbs
My dd just has my eyes, but looks like her dad.

Her dd: I can see both dd and the father and I joke that dgd has my eyes (dgd is multiracial)and my hair.

DD looks like me but sounds like DW.
DW looks like DW but sounds like me.
Both kids inherited my wife's sinus issues.

My daughters look a lot like me, but at different phases of my life!
Dd #1 looks like me as an adult and always has. She's 15. The kids at school always make comments on it.
Dd #2 looks exactly like me when I was a kid. She's 12.
Ds is my husband all the way.

I don't have kids, but:

When I was in my teens, my dad and I looked so much alike that people would mistake me for him. As in, people would address me by his name and start talking to me as if I was him.

I thought DS looked like me and DD looked like her dad but we recently did passports for the kids and my sons passport at 17 is the exact image of his fathers at 16. Only thing my son has my eyes. Other than that he looks more like his father. I'm often told DD is my mini me. I think as theyve gotten older it's changed. When younger DS definitely looked like me and DD like her father.

Oldest DD is a blend of the two of us. When you see the three of us together you know she's ours.

DS is DH with dark hair and dark eyes. He stands like him, sits like him, sounds like him. It's kind of surreal. The only thing he gets from me is the big, round eyes.

Youngest DD is all my mother's side of the family except for her blue eyes which are from my dad's side. If she didn't have dimples she wouldn't look related to DH at all. She's definitely my kid.

All three of my kids coloring is completely different. Older DD fair with blond hair, blue eyes. DS dark hair and eyes, tan all year long and browns up in the summer. Younger DD red hair, blue eyes, nearly translucent skin, she makes older DD look tan, lol.

Everyone says DD looks like me. Our newborn baby pictures looked almost exactly alike. We were both born w/ red hair which lightened into a strawberry blonde.

However, now, as a teenager, she's taller than I am & has a bigger build than I did at the same age - I was always very petite. And it's not that she's all that tall - she's about 5'5' but I'm just 5'2" on a good day. I think, as she's gotten older, she's started to look a little more like the girls on DH's side of the family.

Everyone also says older DS looks like DH.

However, when looking at our 3 kids, all 3 are similar in looks - in fact, it's hard to sometimes tell who's who when looking at baby pics.

Older DS is only 18 months younger than DD, & they're often asked if they're twins.

And all 3 are a good combination of me & DH. We've had many people tell us, "You can't deny that they're yours!"

DH has greenish-blue eyes w/ brown/blond hair that darkened into light brown as he got older. I have blue eyes w/ blonde hair. As kids & teenagers, we were always both thin (even skinny), but DH grew taller while I stayed short. LOL!

So I think our similar coloring & builds made it easier for our kids to be a combination of both of us while still looking a lot alike, if that makes sense. We all have light colored hair & blue eyes.

DD tans though like DH, while the boys burn like I do.

My younger son looks like me. He has a lot of DH's personality though. My granddaughter, younger son's daughter, looks like my son and me. She is also a lot like me in personality. My older son is a mix as far as looks, but his personality is mostly from me. Older DS and I tend to be a bit of a type A personality, although he is more like an A+.

DS as a newborn looked so much like me. People have always said he looks like me, until they see DH and some say he looks like him. Other say he's a mix of both of us. However, I can see my moms eyes in him as he has blue blue eyes. DH has blue eyes but not as vibrant as DS and mine are more hazel.

My son looks like DH but he has my eyes. Dd is my mini me but with lighter hair, but I think she has dh's eyes.

DD looks like a delicate female version of DH, but with my coloring. DD is a brown eyed brunette like me, and DH has blue eyes and blonde hair (white blonde when he was a kid). We have side by side pictures of DD at age 9 and her dad at the same age. Other than length/color of hair and eye color, they are identical, down to head tilt and expression.

My oldest is the spitting image of my husband. You wouldn't be able to tell their newborn pictures apart if it wasn't for the fact that one was black and white and the other in color. My middle dd has always been called my mini-me. Though I don't really think she looks like me. She does have my family's eyes. We saw a picture of my great-great grandmother and they are the same eyes. My youngest has morphed between looking like my husband, my oldest and me through the years. You can tell they are all sisters though, which I'm thankful for :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter