S/O: Have you ever approached a “suspected DISer?”

Nope. But I know that there are a few Disers here in the Memphis, TN area. Last year when at Costco (on Germantown Rd...for those of you locals, lol) I spotted a lady wearing a lime green shirt that had theDis written on it. Didn't approach her as I was too shy.
Me too. I’d be too shy to approach someone about that.

They always posted pics of themselves, and I knew they were there at that time, it was a real long time ago. I cant remember there names could someone help me

1.The one lady got a divorce, and married a guy on the dis, and she worked the jeep on the tour of Africa, I believe she has died

2.then there was this grown man who always carried a stuffed skunk with him, and had all the characters take pic f him and his skunk, lol

3. The last I remember, Uncle Kyle, he was a popular poster here who was about 20 and went to work at the Disney College program, and worked at the star wars exhibit, I come in and seen him, he was the closest I come to identify myself

Hey there! You should have said hi! I met lots of DISers when I was working at Disney. I spent a whole day with Dan Murphy, great memories!

I have been on the DIS for a very long, long time and remember the "lime green Mickey heads" that you could get in the paint section of a home improvement store that DIS people used to quietly identify themselves.

I remember that! We didn’t have the store yet in Canada so I tried to convince DH to make a trip to the store when we arrived just so I could try and get lime green Mickey paint chips. But the call of Mickey was loader than the temptation of a trip to a shiny big home improvement store. Or maybe it was the fear of overweight luggage fees that may have been an unfortunate side effect.

I searched the parks for those tags but didn’t find any (DIS was smaller then). I would have just waved smile and showed mine, kinda like the motorcycle riders wave.

On the “Inviting someone to the DIS” thread a few people, myself included, mentioned times they’ve suspected a stranger might be a member here because of their Disney clothing, yard ornaments, etc. Have/would you ever approach someone you don’t know to ask if they post here? If you have, was your assumption correct?

I’ve considered doing it once or twice but never followed through. I always think, what if they tell me their user name and my reaction is “Ugh! That’s who you are?!” :laughing:
See, I always think, what if I tell them my user name and their reaction is “Ugh! That’s who you are?!” :laughing:

Hey there! You should have said hi! I met lots of DISers when I was working at Disney. I spent a whole day with Dan Murphy, great memories!
Kyle, Kyle, Kyle!!!!

Great to 'see' you again.

We sure had some fun times while you were a CM. Here a day at MK, on Splash here.

I recall a day with Buckalew (Brenda) and you also. Lunch at Garden Grill.

Hope you, Elizabeth and Reese are doing well. Again, great to see you, Kyle!!

CMs2-61.jpg

Hey Kyle, its funny how the memory works, I have 3 good memories of you, as i do most of these people on the boards, they would be shocked and the stupid stuff I remember. But anyway, when you were on your way down to Fla to be in college program, you kepts stopping and posting a thread, it was rainign real hard and you were a little bit scared. When I did see you at star wars thing, we tlkaed about it later and found out that was the night you got real sick, left work early and was out of it awhile. And thirdly your beautiful girl friend from oklahoma, one night we got into an argument on a thread, trying to tell her who had the biggest hands and feet, lol, them were the days. I take you know this is Jason/Pop Daddy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter