• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sad News to share: PO3 small update pg 3, post 36

Holly,

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family during this time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Danielle

Holly,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother - I know this will a hard time for you and your family and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cathy

Jennifer,Lisa, Nancy
Any of you that can talk with her. There is a great book for Bubba to explain death to children called Water bugs and dragonfiles by doris Stickney.

this book was given to us by Hospice when tom's mom was dying at that time the boys were 3 and 5. I have since loaned it out to many families struggling to explain to children.

hugs and prayers continuing Holly

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs and prayers for you Holly and your family!!

Oh Holly I'm just sooo sorry! It's the worst! I know it!

:hug:

There's also a lovely book called "Grandma's Bill" by Martin Waddell - its about a grandma explaining to a little boy why he doesn't see his grandad Bill, and it shows her going through photo albums from when she was very young, through his parents growing up etc. so he understands about time passing etc.

It always makes me cry! But its a lovely way of showing that even when we lose someone we love very much, we have our memories.:angel:

Has anyone gotten any details about the services? I'd like to go, but I can't find anything online, since I'm unsure of Holly's mom's name.

I still haven't heard a thing... :( I've txt each day w/ no response....
Holls is one that doesn't like to ask for help or let anyone know she needs them... Gotta love her she is hard headed!!! I'll keep trying!

That girl! I hope she lets us know today, so I can be there. She can't do it all alone, she needs to know it's okay to ask for help :(

I still can't find anything online...Those RI papers ;) It's sure not Boston!

oh Holly, I'm so very sorry. :grouphug: I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! Love you!

Update as of tonight:
I've been texting w/ Holls for about an hour now.. she is going to try to rest..
I asked about services and mom didn't want any hoopla, she lived a simple life and wanted it to remain that way. They are going to have something private for immediate family only. I told her we all completely understand.

She hasn't eaten or drank much so I gave her a little lecture on taking care of herself... I suggested she try to journal her feelings and if she gets overwhelmed just put it aside and try to move on the best she can.one step at a time, one breath at a time, one day at a time.. I told her we were all here for her and thinking of her..

She wanted me to let all of you know that she is very thankful for all the thoughts and prayers, as I have kept her up to date, and she loves you all!

She was doing a little better by the end of our conversation (as well as she could be)... I will touch base with her again tomorrow...

:hug:Thank you Nan.
You are a very good friend. I know I would want you by my side.

More prayers for Holly.

:hug:Thank you Nan.
You are a very good friend. I know I would want you by my side.

More prayers for Holly.

You are very welcome!!! I'm there for you any time you need me! You have my numbers!!!

PS: you have mail headed your way..and tell wyfy I'm still looking... rumor has it our target got a new shipment of toys in per a friend who works there... popcorn::

You are very welcome!!! I'm there for you any time you need me! You have my numbers!!!

PS: you have mail headed your way..and tell wyfy I'm still looking... rumor has it our target got a new shipment of toys in per a friend who works there... popcorn::

Thanks. We still need that green clones and big ticket item. He found the middle one at Grandma's, I think. Mimi isn't sure what it is he bought and he was outside at the creek when I called.

I'll keep lookin'! :)

Ok, kids are fighting, I think I'm sending them to Holly.. no, I think I'm going to Holly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter