Sad News to share: PO3 small update pg 3, post 36

Holly, my heart aches for all of you. Please, please take care of yourself! I wish I could be there to give you a hug and a shoulder to cry on in person. We love you, Holly.

Holly, I truly do understand how and what you are feeling. All the words and hopes and dreaming will keep your mother's memory with you always. Once you are better able to think more clearly, you will realize that you did more for your mother than you'll ever know.
There are so many emotions and stages we go through in our mourning, cry and yell if you need to - I did and still do. As time goes on, the voices we want to hear will live on in our hearts.
It is nearly 10 months for me now, and not a moment goes by that my heart does not break, as will yours. That is what true love is - but we gather strength in time and the good Lord helps us to bear the sorrow more easily. Peace come to you and your family. You are in my prayers. Caroline

thank you all so very much. today is especially hard for me. i thought it was getting better and i just had a complete meltdown. my sister talked to the gentlemen that is performing the ceremony for us and told us that if we wanted to write something and i started writing this thing that i was doing while sitting with her at the end. i said "ma i will always remember and never forget.......
and just stuff that she did and i just want to bury my head in the sand right now. i know it sounds silly but thursday is egg salad day. she made it on thursdays for bubba and he tells me all the time, that nobody makes it like nene. how am i ever going to get through this??? :cry:

he was supposed to go to camp today on the field trip to the roller skating place and he just got up and said he does not want to go. and deep down, i'm glad. so i don't have to be alone today. -is that mean?? i want him to have fun, but i want to be able to hug and kiss him all day.
i am so not winning mother of the year.

Holly
you are to going to win mother of the year. Bubba needs you just like you need him, you are NOT repeat NOT being selfish. Being alone is the hardest thing and you know your not ready for that one day soon my friend you will find that you need a few hours alone to really gather your thoughts. That will be the day you take the baby steps into healing. When my MIL passed away (5 years ago this oct) I let everyone else have time with her and never took time for me it still hurts Holly you will never have that regret cause she was with you everyday and you did everything for her. The pain will never completely go away I'm not going to lie about that (found the last picture of Tom and his mom a few weeks ago cleaning the scrap room I had to leave the house) but I can promise that over time they way you think about it all changes and you don't hurt everyday. Hang in there let Lisa, BAMB, and Jennifer come and help you and give you another outlet to cry and vent to, you'll look back on those days and feel better to.
Hang in there and remember that we all love you and are hear for you.

Oh Holly I am so sorry to hear of your moms passing. I have been here in my own little world dealing with my DHs chemo and missed all of the current news.

One thing that sticks in my head is that your mom has passed the torch to you. She was strong and courageous up to the end and wow what a woman. You, too will find your strength.

You are not alone though I know it feels that way. You have Bubba your legacy just as you were your moms. She did a tremendous job. You will too.

May you find some comfort in your truly difficult time.

Holly I am so sorry <<HUGS>> I lost my mom, my best friend, and while everyone is different, I can only give you the advice to take it one day at a time and take care of your own health. Eat and rest when you can but don't push yourself if you just can't. I remember like it was yesterday, two weeks after my mom passed I was in Target mindlessly looking at a skirt. I wasn't sure if it was a good color for me and my mom was always my go-to person so I dialed her. Then it hit me, I fell to the floor, and I started uncontrollably crying on the floor of Target. 4 years later I can't say that I don't have my crying days. I call them my "sad mom days" and DH knows what that means. Most of the time I just miss talking to her and getting her advice. But, 4 years later, I have plenty of "happy mom days" where I remember the fun times and how much my mom and I loved each other. It sounds cliche, but it is very true - it takes time and every day will get better. You may have a set-back day when you cannot stop feeling sad, but then it will get better again. It's too soon for you to have those "happy mom days" right now, but I know it will happen.

If you ever feel like you can't handle it and need to talk to someone don't hesitate to find a support group in your area. Your local Hospice is a great place to look. Losing a parent is one of the worst feelings in the world and sometimes talking to people who have also been through it can really help. I know you don't know me, but having been there, if you need to talk please PM me anytime. You are in my thoughts :hug:

Holly -- I am really bad with this sort of thing and I have been selfishly ignoring this thread -- it has been 8 years since I went through this and it does get better. I've been thinking of you and will continue to hope for better days.

thank you all so very very much. thanks for all the cards, well wishes, texts, gifts....i just can't thank you all enough.

i have not been here a lot in the last few weeks, but i want you to know that i'm thinking of all of you.

you guys really are the best friends a girl can have.

:goodvibes

I know we all wish we could be there in person to help you through these early days.
:hug:

Oh Holly,

I just saw this thread. I am so sorry. Please know that we are all thinking about you and sending you good energy and prayers.

Love

Rhonda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter