Safari fastpass changed?

jimandami

DIS Veteran
We received an e-mail from Disney that our afternoon KS fastpass on 4/8 has been changed to a morning time. That doesn't work because we will still be on the plane. Does anyone know why they changed it?

Hi all - I just received an email from Disney saying they changed my fast pass for Kilimanjaro Safaris to the following day? Has this ever happened to anyone before? We had fast passes for Sunday, April 8 and had no plans to go to Animal Kingdom Park the next day so those new fast passes are of no use to us?

Hi Jimandami - we just received the same email - only ours was changed to the following day

Yes, I just looked back and mine was for the next day as well...super weird because we already have FP for DHS that day!

You are the 3rd person I have heard something like this from. The other had their fp changed from a morning time to an evening time the same day.

same thing just happened to us. We were sent an email that our safari fastpass was changed to the following day. Wont be there - heading home that day!

Mine was moved to the next day as well, but when I went to move it, half of the screens showed the next day (April 9) and half showed that it was on April 8. I also couldn't move it back to the original time (9:40AM), and it wasn't clear what was really going on. Waiting for chat now with a cast member to see what's up.

Same here

There has been an unexpected change in the operating schedule of an attraction or show during your upcoming Walt Disney World® visit. Your FastPass+ selection for Kilimanjaro Safaris from 3:15 PM to 4:15 PM on 04/08/2018 is no longer available.

As a replacement, a new selection was made for Kilimanjaro Safaris from 11:55 AM to 12:55 PM on 04/09/2018.

When I went to move it, it did show up on my April 8 plans, but when I was moving it back to 9:45ish, it said at the top April 9. Right now it's showing under April 8 FastPass+, but under my plans it's showing on April 9.

Chat was not helpful, they said I had to call in, which I don't have time to do right now.

Same here. I called and she was able to move it back to the previous day. She said we can go at any time if no time appears. 30min on hold... I guess it happened to a bunch of people

Happened to me too. Moved from 4/9 to 4/10. We don't even have tickets for 4/10. And also, only showed that it moved on my husband's phone, not on mine. Argh!

Same here. I called and she was able to move it back to the previous day. She said we can go at any time if no time appears. 30min on hold... I guess it happened to a bunch of people

This is what we did. We were unable to change the fast pass back to April 8 - the only changes we could make online were to April 9. Guest Services was able to fix it though and reissued as an anytime fast pass for the Safari on April 8. Took me about an hour to have all three families fast passes changed.

This is what we did. We were unable to change the fast pass back to April 8 - the only changes we could make online were to April 9. Guest Services was able to fix it though and reissued as an anytime fast pass for the Safari on April 8. Took me about an hour to have all three families fast passes changed.
That's ridiculous. It's more time than you would have spent just waiting in the standby line. Glad you at least got it fixed though.

That's ridiculous. It's more time than you would have spent just waiting in the standby line. Glad you at least got it fixed though.

you are so right! I never thought of that way - although it was a bit frustrating...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter