Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

We are late dining staying at port the night before with an 11:30 - 12:00 port arrival time along with Disney_Alli and our parents.

:thumbsup2, well maybe we will see you in the terminal or eating lunch at cabanas:) I will be the one with a 4 year old who is super excited and will not eat her lunch because she wants to go on the Donald Duck slide :lmao:

Monday at 2pm works for me!!

Candace

Also for the newbies... The email has to go tomorrow, and I don't know if we can change the list after it's gone!! So if you're interested, speak up NOW!!!

ATTENTION MIXOLOGY CLASS PARTICIPANTS!!!!!!
I have the request form to fill out. I need a time and a (sea)day for the class. I am open all 3 sea days except for Palo Brunch@ 11AM on Day 6. Just throwing a time out there, how about Day 3, Monday, October 8th, the 2nd Sea Day @ 2 pm... If that doesn't work for anyone, throw out another suggestion!!

IT'S NOT TO LATE TO JOIN IN!! SPEAK UP NOW, I'M NOT SURE WE CAN ADD TO THE LIST LATER​

How to have a heart attack right before you start work: I work at 10pm and at 9:15 as I'm finishing my makeup the bf sends me a text "Guess who got into a car accident now" I'm going 'not you, not you, not you...' with my fingers crossed but sadly it was him...
The good news is he drives an old GMC pickup that I think is twice as old as he is and is made entirely of steel so while he didn't even have a new dent in his bumper the girl who rear-ended him may have written off her car.
No more bad news for anyone until well after the cruise please. I can't deal with anymore.

Also for the newbies... The email has to go tomorrow, and I don't know if we can change the list after it's gone!! So if you're interested, speak up NOW!!!

I have the request form to fill out. I need a time and a (sea)day for the class. I am open all 3 sea days except for Palo Brunch@ 11AM on Day 6. Just throwing a time out there, how about Day 3, Monday, October 8th, the 2nd Sea Day @ 2 pm... If that doesn't work for anyone, throw out another suggestion!!

IT'S NOT TO LATE TO JOIN IN!! SPEAK UP NOW, I'M NOT SURE WE CAN ADD TO THE LIST LATER​

Monday at 2pm is good for us too ..... I can put a towel on my lounger to save it for a few hours can't I????!!! :stir:

How to have a heart attack right before you start work: I work at 10pm and at 9:15 as I'm finishing my makeup the bf sends me a text "Guess who got into a car accident now" I'm going 'not you, not you, not you...' with my fingers crossed but sadly it was him...
The good news is he drives an old GMC pickup that I think is twice as old as he is and is made entirely of steel so while he didn't even have a new dent in his bumper the girl who rear-ended him may have written off her car.
No more bad news for anyone until well after the cruise please. I can't deal with anymore.

Glad everyone was ok!!! Definitely good news only for everyone now please!!:thumbsup2

Alli, so glad that your BF is ok. If anybody deserves this cruise it is you.:grouphug:

Beth

We have second dining. Our port arrival time is 11:00. Since we live in Melbourne, FL our neighbor is dropping us off at the port so we do not have to worry about parking. I can't wait for the cruise.

My DH,Don and I will be joining you on Oct 6th cruise, its been a busy year and we will be really ready for this cruise but first we need to get ready for our Sept 16th cruise. Do you have a facebook group would love to join it if possible.
:cheer2:
Welcome to the cruise! I'm on fb also so I'll see you there.

Can't wait till it is time to sail!! My 4th cruise and my 3rd with my DH - we are celebrating our 2nd anniversary. It's been a crazy busy summer and I can't believe that I am just now getting on board with cruise planning. Palo and Remy are booked solid ;o(.....hoping that things will open up when we board. I see notes about a FB page for the cruise - can someone let me know how we can join? thx
Welcome! I bet you'll get a reservation to Palo or Remy.:)

I know I have asked this earlier in the thread, but since we have had a lot of newcomers recently, who has what dining? First or Second?

I have first dining.:banana:

Also, what port arrival time do you have and if you are using DCL transportation or using a private car service or driving?

I am using DCL transportation (we are staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before). I have an 11:30 arrival time, but since we have DCL Transportation, the port arrival time does not matter.:dance3:

Beth
We have first seating, haven't requested a rotation yet. We're renting a car at MCO and staying at the Residence Inn at port. We don't have a specific check in time at port but I'm planning on being there early so we can get the little ones on the aqua duck. DH usually drops us off at port and returns the car but we may all take the shuttle this time.

I am thinking about doing a meet on the ship, but I do not think the first day would be good because of time constraints. I was maybe thinking the next early afternoon. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Beth
I think there is a wine tasting the second day at 2.::yes::

:thumbsup2, well maybe we will see you in the terminal or eating lunch at cabanas:) I will be the one with a 4 year old who is super excited and will not eat her lunch because she wants to go on the Donald Duck slide :lmao:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Glad he's ok!

We are second seating for dinner. Don't have a port check in time because we are platinum cruisers. Probably won't be to the port until 1:00. Meeting DD and DSIL at the airport and driving to the port together.

We are second seating for dinner. Don't have a port check in time because we are platinum cruisers. Probably won't be to the port until 1:00. Meeting DD and DSIL at the airport and driving to the port together.

One of these days I will become a platinum cruiser, just have to convince DH :lmao:

We have late dinner service.

The mixology class time works just fine for us.

This is getting close!! It is so exciting!!!

Another question. Will anybody be staying at the MCO Hyatt on Friday? and will you taking DCL transportation Saturday morning? I will be doing both, we should be landing about 10:45 a.m., so we can have a nice relaxing Friday before our crazy embarkation day:) I cannot wait to actually visit the stores in the airport and not just rushing through:yay:

I know I have asked this earlier in the thread, but since we have had a lot of newcomers recently, who has what dining? First or Second?

I have first dining.:banana:

Also, what port arrival time do you have and if you are using DCL transportation or using a private car service or driving?

I am using DCL transportation (we are staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before). I have an 11:30 arrival time, but since we have DCL Transportation, the port arrival time does not matter.:dance3:

Beth

We have second dining. And an 11:30 arrival time at the port.:):dance3:

TaTa4Now1968 said:
Another question. Will anybody be staying at the MCO Hyatt on Friday? and will you taking DCL transportation Saturday morning? I will be doing both, we should be landing about 10:45 a.m., so we can have a nice relaxing Friday before our crazy embarkation day:) I cannot wait to actually visit the stores in the airport and not just rushing through:yay:

We're staying at the Sheraton Cocoa Beach the night before as we're arriving Friday afternoon. The parents fly in a few days before and are staying in Orlando (at another Sheraton - we're so lucky that TinkLoverSam works at the Westin here in Calgary!)

We're doing one-way rentals both before and after the cruise as we move on to our 8 day land vacation after the cruise.

We're on late dining and we have a port arrival time of 11am, although we're dropping the hire car off before that so will arrive at the terminal around 10am.

We've got DCL transport on the way back to the airport and a day room at the Hyatt ... just love sitting on the balcony or roof top terrace soaking up the last hours of sunshine before heading home to cold and wet England!!:(

We have late dining, and our port check in time is 12-12:30. We are driving up, so that time allows us to leave at a decent hour (i.e., not before dawn). Not to mention we have time to drop off our doggies at the kennel--the worst part of any trip!:(

FE's bagged, tagged and sorted by deck, Disney Reward Points transferred to Redemption Card, and I found a $25 Disney gift card I didn't know I had!! :banana:

We have late dinning. =) Still trying to work out our transportation to and from the cruise. We have four of us... Originally found a transport company $180 round trip with a grocery stop.... Any other thoughts. Looked at rental cars but I'm not having luck there.... Looks like $80 plus each way plus gas & tolls.... There are 4 of us plus bags... Thoughts anyone?

This has been a busy thread ... so let's get started ... :surfweb:

not that I am doing a B2B (wish that we were:sad2:), but please let everybody know if you are doing a B2B and it being before or after our cruise, so you can connect with others sailing with us that may not be participating on on the threads for their other cruise:thumbsup2

I think I finally understood the message :idea: ... this Eastern itinerary is the 2nd of our B2B, the first being the Sept 29th Western itinerary before this cruise ... a bit of a juggling act :faint: keeping all the details in order along with planning for our stay at WDW before the cruise and Universal after the B2B cruises (I noted some of the goings-on on the other thread :teleport: ).

The highlight for our month-long trip though occurs on THIS cruise ... I booked an excursion on St. Thomas (called the "007 Helicopter Private Island Escape") where via helicopter ... After a 10 minute flight you will have crossed the short stretch of Atlantic Ocean that divides St Thomas, from the uninhabited island of Hans Lollick, where you will find one of the most spectacular white sand beaches reserved just for you.:beach: ... I think this will be the highlight of our trip and a perfect way to celebrate our 20th Anniversary ... just DW and I alone on a tropical island in the Caribbean :hug: ... bringing our own snorkel gear, picnic lunch ... :cloud9:

:rainbow:

Not sure if I made the deadline but you can sign me up (DW will only be a spectator) ... even though I'm not really a :drinking1 :lmao: ... if not, that is ok ...

I'm not sure if I'm up to date on all the changes to the FE group here but for those who are going through difficulties or who have left ... all the best ...
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller

I think there was a question on this thread about linking dining room information ... we are first seating but not clear on what the significance of linking it up means ... :confused:

Also I posted this on our first B2B cruise but I'll ask it here also ...

BTW ... did anyone receive an email from Disney with the following message ...

Dear Foster,
You have been chosen to participate in an
invitation-only test at Magic Kingdom® Park
that will allow you to select four FastPass+
experiences before you arrive.

FastPass+ enables you to select your "must-do"
rides, shows, and character meet and greets in advance, so you'll have
more time to spend with your friends and family while you're here.

Just select your test date, between 09/18/2012 and 09/24/2012, and you'll be
able to enjoy your favorite experiences with minimal wait.

Get started now!

It's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Log on to https://fastpassplus.disney.go.com

2. Use your Reservation ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx to confirm your travel party

3. Select your date and experiences (you can modify your choices
at any time)

Your FastPass+ cards will arrive via U.S. Mail. Bring them with you on
the day you select.

Is this new?? Just filled it out today ...

We are not but one thing I like about MCO is the dining options!

We're on late dining and we have a port arrival time of 11am, although we're dropping the hire car off before that so will arrive at the terminal around 10am.

We've got DCL transport on the way back to the airport and a day room at the Hyatt ... just love sitting on the balcony or roof top terrace soaking up the last hours of sunshine before heading home to cold and wet England!!:(
Day room? Do tell!

FE's bagged, tagged and sorted by deck, Disney Reward Points transferred to Redemption Card, and I found a $25 Disney gift card I didn't know I had!! :banana:
you are on a roll! Thanks for the reminder about the rewards points, I need to get on that. I did find $50 in gift cards :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter