Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

Lucky you, thank god it wasn't worse. I do not want to live through getting flooded again. I cannot wait to move away from the creek next to my house. The worst part was the roofing tar bucket left in the basement, well at least we know where the water line was:rotfl2:
Amen. I think when I joined this thread, you were in the recovery process from your flood. We also have a creek right behind our house, but our water comes down the street from the bridge that carries it under the street. The bridge is to small, so it backs up and runs down the street and back to the creek around ours and 3 other houses. But we are all good now. I have it de-watered, and the blower is running to help dry it out. Barring any more heavy rain, it will take a week or so to dry it out. Thankful i wasn't worse! :thumbsup2

From the happier cruise news department....

Made our last hotel reservations last night for the drive down and we got our "Getting to your Disney Cruise" email today! It's ON!!! :woohoo:

We are flying out of California on the 30th to hit WDW the week before the cruise! So we will be coming to port on the morning of the 6th. Our port arrival time is 11:30 and we have first seating for dinner.
I will not be running in the 5k but do hope to hit the gym....a few times at least!
We are basically winging the ports and of course that includes shopping!!! We are talking about doing the butterfly experience with our girls.

Annrkey said:
Is anyone running the 5K?

What Port Excursions do you have planned?

Or are you winging it (shopping) or hanging on the empty boat?

We'd all like to run - well walk - the 5K. Gotta get in walking shape for our week at WDW after the cruise.

We have excursions booked everywhere except CC - that will just be a beach day. In St. Martin we are doing the See and Sea (or is it Sea and See?) tour of the island. On St. Tomas my dad, b-i-l and I are doing the Turtle Cove snorkel and my sister and mom are just taking the skyride to Paradise Point - mom doesn't swim. We currently have both Palo brunch and Remy dinner booked for sea days and are looking to add the Remy Champagne lunch once on-board.

Any advice for winging it at the ports? We are buying snorkel sets, which I need to do asap so we can practice in the pool!pirate:

FE's bagged, tagged and sorted by deck, Disney Reward Points transferred to Redemption Card, and I found a $25 Disney gift card I didn't know I had!! :banana:
What a nice surprise!

We have late dinning. =) Still trying to work out our transportation to and from the cruise. We have four of us... Originally found a transport company $180 round trip with a grocery stop.... Any other thoughts. Looked at rental cars but I'm not having luck there.... Looks like $80 plus each way plus gas & tolls.... There are 4 of us plus bags... Thoughts anyone?
I think $180 rt is a good price. This is our 4th cruise out of Cape Canaveral and we have always rented a car on Friday at MCO. Just because we like to drive to the hotel, unpack, and go back out for dinner and a stop at Publix. We have 2 children so we also add in the cost of 2 car seats. After the cruise, we have always had a car service pick us up back to MCO. This is so easy.:goodvibes However, this cruise, we are renting a car both ways because we have a late flight and will probably go to Sea World for the day.

Flash-Floods-R-US.... Mother nature threw us a curve ball this afternoon :duck: and dumped about 1-1/2" of rain on us in less than an hour. Could have floated the pontoon boat in the side yard... :boat: Thankfully, we only get water under the house and not in the house. But, that floods the A/C duct work and we lose cooling until I get the water out. Finally got enough water out to get about half of the house cooling again. Having a new split unit installed in a couple of weeks and the duct work will be in the attic. :cool1: That's one item off of the novel length to-do list. :rotfl2:
That is crazy! We live so close yet we did not get that much rain. Glad you are safe (and cool!)

:woohoo::woohoo: 1 month from today we will be "Sailing the Ocean Blue,":woohoo::woohoo: Doing the 1 month dance:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
I thought about this today. I need to get my packing list together!

Is anyone running the 5K?

What Port Excursions do you have planned?

Or are you winging it (shopping) or hanging on the empty boat?

Any advice for winging it at the ports? We are buying snorkel sets, which I need to do asap so we can practice in the pool!pirate:
I have thought about doing to 5K but would not have anyone to run it with. DH is NOT a runner (or walker).;)

I am probably going to change our St. Maarten excursion. I have something planned for the kids at an animal park. Last time we were at St. Maarten, we did the under 2 flags excursion then shopped on our own near the ship. We may just do a beach trip then shopping this time.

Same for St. Thomas- booked for the animal park. It has sting ray petting, etc. I think we'll keep this one.

CC- I booked a cabana so hopefully we will relax.

We are flying into MCO from California on monday the 1st. We are renting a car at the airport which we plan to return at the port. Any suggestions on which rental company has the best service for this?:confused3:goodvibes:yay:

Is anyone going to Mickey's Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom on the 4th?

:)Shawna

ks2jkwud said:
We are flying into MCO from California on monday the 1st. We are renting a car at the airport which we plan to return at the port. Any suggestions on which rental company has the best service for this?:confused3:goodvibes:yay:

My family is did you get your tickets yet?

We rented from Avis the one time we flew onto MCO. No problems, but if we did it again, I would rent from Hertz. Hertz is closest to the port, directly in front of Residence Inn and next door to Country Inn & Suites, where we usually stay. There are no rental companies "at the port". They are all off site in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach, and have shuttles to the port. So it really comes down to who you prefer. pirate:

Hi Shawna, we just reserved a car from Hertz to drop off at port and pick up again after the cruise. We have used Budget in the past without any problems.

Has anyone requested a dining rotation? If so, what did you request? On the Magic/ Wonder we would request a rotation that had us in Parrot Cay on pirate night. Have no idea what to do on the Fantasy.:confused3

Hi! This is my last call for you to send me a PM re: anything you are celebrating while on our cruise---birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, etc... for me to give you something special---you don't need to be a part of the FE to receive something--the fishies and seahorses outside of the cabins hold other stuff as well as FEs.

Thanks!

Susan

Hi! I just got done highlighting copied pages of maps of the decks from the passporter cruise book and WOW we have a lot of aft cabins on the list! Very few mid-ship ones and some forward ones. I found that giving out the gifts by deck doesn't work for me on the new ships---there are some looooooong hallways! So I decided to distribute the FE gifts by aft/mid/forward going up and down stairs instead of walking all the way down the hallways.

Hey Beth---do we have all of the cabin numbers yet?

Thanks!

Susan

Tom and I are attending this event in the Magic Kingdom and I see that others are going as well---does anyone want to make an informal meet-up in the park that night? What time? Where? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Susan

OK---last post (for now) as I just read that people are posting their pre-cruise plans/dining times---we like to eat early so we get main dining and in all of my past cruises---we have been seated with other couples at a big table---and not once have we been seated with other Disboard members;-( I've never attempted to link dining with other Disers but that sounds like fun---as sometimes the people that you are seated with just don't get the whole Disney thing---I know---on a Disney cruise---right?! Sigh.

Tom has promised me for years now that we would stay at the Grand Floridian and in a weak moment last year he said yes for this trip since it is for our anniversary---got the least expensive room for 3 nights and now I find out the resort is under major construction. I can't win:-(

I'm looking forward to the EPCOT food and wine festival and the Halloween party but I am most excited about sailing on the new-to-me Fantasy for 7 wonderful nights! Oh, and I am really looking forward to meeting you all:-)

Susan

P.S. We are in 9060 (port side) I always stay in a port side cabin so I don't get turned around---we are just off the mid-ship elevators and we'll also have a dry-erase board that says LOVE on it and the door will be plastered with Maryland magnets! If anyone wants to find us;-)

Hi! I just got done highlighting copied pages of maps of the decks from the passporter cruise book and WOW we have a lot of aft cabins on the list! Very few mid-ship ones and some forward ones. I found that giving out the gifts by deck doesn't work for me on the new ships---there are some looooooong hallways! So I decided to distribute the FE gifts by aft/mid/forward going up and down stairs instead of walking all the way down the hallways.

Hey Beth---do we have all of the cabin numbers yet?

Thanks!

Susan

Susan,

I have all but one. I will be sending an updated list with phimugrl - Sister's Stateroom #. I am just waiting for Bats new stateroom #.

Beth

.....We are in 9060 (port side) I always stay in a port side cabin so I don't get turned around---we are just off the mid-ship elevators and we'll also have a dry-erase board that says LOVE on it and the door will be plastered with Maryland magnets! If anyone wants to find us;-)
We are right across the elevator lobby from you in 9562. :teeth:

Just got a call from DCL confirming receipt of the Mixology Class request. She is forwarding to the Fantasy and will get back with me when she receives confirmation. Sounds good! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter