Same sex couples need to disclose State marriage performed?

Talked to Quality assurance today. I am supposed to get a call back on Monday.
Thanks to all ur input I will ask: what form? Why info is needed? Is it an old form? Can this employee be retrained? And...an apology would be nice.

Thanks for the update. While I am sorry that you have had to put up with this hassle and discrimination, it is such a weird situation that I feel like the salesperson was more ignorant than hateful. You were there in person and would obviously know better, though.
Hopefully you will get a clear explanation, and an apology, and the salesperson will get a clear and educational retraining, or reassignment.

Thanks to all ur input I will ask: what form? Why info is needed? Is it an old form? Can this employee be retrained? And...an apology would be nice.
Thank you for making a point of addressing this. As annoying as it might be, its absolutely going to be helpful for the next SS couple who have to deal with this guy. <3

Just wondering if you ever did get a satisfactory answer to any of your questions. Hoping it was a happy ending g for you.

I really hope they give you a clear answer. This whole situation just doesn't sound right at all. and keep fighting until you get this cleared up!

A rep called me back and apologized. He said it was indeed an old form. The other sales staff knew to ignore the questions but I guess mine did not. I said the bigger issue was arguing the point with me. I wish he had said, hey let me check into that rather than arguing if my marriage was legal. In the end I only asked for a new rep and that the old one be retrained. They agreed and that’s that. Thanks for the support from you all. You have given me more support and validation than Disney did.

Thanks @pharm35 for reporting back on the solution. Sounds like the right approach to me and should help other similarly situated couples.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope your next trip on your points is magical - I know you didn't ask for anything but I hope Disney realizes how poorly that was handled, and makes a note to give you some VIP pixie dust next time you're there. They should have an "Oh **** we really **** that up" note in your file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter