San Diego port questions

TinkerbellTris

DIS Veteran
A few questions about the port of San Diego. How far is the port from San Diego airport?
Does Disney have a shuttle from airport to port and back?
We booked our hotel for the night before but haven’t worked out transportation and I’m trying to figure it out. Have never sailed out of port of San Diego. Thank you for your tips!

A few questions about the port of San Diego. How far is the port from San Diego airport?
Does Disney have a shuttle from airport to port and back?
We booked our hotel for the night before but haven’t worked out transportation and I’m trying to figure it out. Have never sailed out of port of San Diego. Thank you for your tips!
The cruise terminal is about a 12-minute drive (around 2.5 to 3 miles) from the airport, if that.

Psy

What hotel are you staying at? The airport is about 10 minutes from the airport without construction delays.

And DCL does not have shuttles.

San Diego airport is basically on top of downtown, it's a really short hop. Multiple hotels can literaly walk to port.

We are looking at the Hampton inn by the cruise port. I’m wondering how far it is, it looks really close on the map.

In December we stayed 2 nights across the street from the port, at Marriott Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayfront, breakfast included, starbucks and other coffee shops close.
Took an Uber from airport. From hotel easy to walk to seaport, USS Midway Museum, etc.
Also Harbor Market Liquer Store near hotel.
Morning of cruise, walked across street to watch the Magic dock, later checked out of hotel for PAT and walked across street with luggage. Enjoy your cruise!

As the crow flies it would be a very short walk. Of course, you can't walk. If you like watching planes land and take off and land you'll will have a great view from the top deck of the Wonder.

Hopefully this can give some context on how close the airport, the port and the downtown hotels are to each other. Have been in the area for work quite a few times. On more than one occasion, I have jogged before work from the hotel to the port. Sometimes those have been too short so those jogs usually include extensions beyond the port, not directly to but, near the airport or other directions. Always have plenty of time to jog, shower and get some breakfast before work starts so not far at all.

Moral of the story, distance is not far and time is very manageable between each place. Also depending on exactly where you stay (and how many bags you have) the trip over to the port is walkable and portion is walking along the waterfront.

Thank you everyone for the advice and information, I appreciate it very much. This puts the distance into a much better perspective for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter