San Diego Zoo

Camonkeygirl, my cousin's significant other works at the zoo and got us free passes. I am assuming they do not include the bus tour. Is that correct? :confused3 I didn't ask my cousin as I didn't want to appear anything but appreciative.

That's correct, the employee tickets do not include the Skyfari, bus tour, or Express Bus, but you can buy those separately. I don't know the price (shame on me!) but I'm sure Camonkeygirl does ;)

Hi Sonnyjane. I am working in the Volunteer office - so I have not been up front to say Hi.

Mad Hatter Fan - the employee tickets are for admission only. The bus and express bus is $10 per adult. (can't remember the child's price - want to say $7 or 8). The Skyfari ride is $4 per person, per direction. 4D theater is $6 per person.

Adult $17
Senior (62+) $15
Military, youth (13–17), student (with ID) $12
Child (3–12) $11
Child 2 and under FREE

SD County residence and active duty military free 1st Tue. of the month.

First time to SD Zoo and very excited. We are a family of 4 (2 kids age 5 and 7) and will be visiting in June. Just wondering how long does it take generally to get the most experience at the zoo? We are planning to arrive 9a.m. first thing. Is the San Diego Natural History Museum worth a trip? Since they are both in the Balboa Park and I am wondering if it is possible for us to do both on the same day given both closed at 5p.m.

ANy advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
mickeytai

The SD Zoo can take all day, if you want to walk the whole grounds. Aslo time of year may influnce lines for Panda exibit... meaning you will wait to see that one.

Maybe a second day to visit the museums? The San Diego Natural History Museum is very nice as is Balboa Park.... maybe see the park and a few museums the next day? Just thinking of kids and a long day. If you did all of this (Zoo and one Museum in one day.... may be a lot).

Good luck! :thumbsup2

Sonnyjane....we will be cruising on the October 7 DCL California Coast cruise and have booked the DCL excursion to the Zoo when we dock in San Diego...you mention about taking a bus tour around the Zoo and that it is included in "mot" tickets, do you think this will be included in the admission we get from DCL? Also, what are the "must sees" at the Zoo...I will be travelling with a senior who has always wanted to visit the San Diego Zoo so I am very glad she will be able to cross it off her bucket list.

Great thread! Thanks for all the info. We are going there in couple of weeks and I was wondering the same things.

Sonnyjane....we will be cruising on the October 7 DCL California Coast cruise and have booked the DCL excursion to the Zoo when we dock in San Diego...you mention about taking a bus tour around the Zoo and that it is included in "mot" tickets, do you think this will be included in the admission we get from DCL? Also, what are the "must sees" at the Zoo...I will be travelling with a senior who has always wanted to visit the San Diego Zoo so I am very glad she will be able to cross it off her bucket list.

Sorry I forgot about this thread. Hopefully you'll still pop in.

I'm not familiar with the cruise tickets. Most general admission tickets include the bus tour, express bus, and Skyfari tram... not sure if yours will or not? If not, you can purchase it for $10.

As far as what to see, be sure to check out the pandas first and foremost. We are one of only 4 zoos in the country that have them. We actually just welcomed a brand new panda baby! He/she will likely still be off-exhibit though when you come in October, but there are other pandas for you to see. Don't miss Elephant Odyssey or Polar Bears either. Those are crowd favorites.

Most likely it will, as only the employee passes and membership guest passes do not include the bus tour. The ticket that you should get will be a one day admission ticket, that includes the bus tour, express bus tour, and the skyfari ride.

I will be on the Oct cruise also, and if you would like, we can meet before we get to SD and I can answer any questions and give you suggestions on other things that are offered in case your traveling companion needs some extra assistance getting around the Zoo, or you can PM me any questions, and I will answer them for you.

Most likely it will, as only the employee passes and membership guest passes do not include the bus tour. The ticket that you should get will be a one day admission ticket, that includes the bus tour, express bus tour, and the skyfari ride.

I will be on the Oct cruise also, and if you would like, we can meet before we get to SD and I can answer any questions and give you suggestions on other things that are offered in case your traveling companion needs some extra assistance getting around the Zoo, or you can PM me any questions, and I will answer them for you.

Color me JEALOUS :) :) :)

Thread Posters- :goodvibes

we are there Aug 25-Sept3. IF any of you need a SD zoo map, or
DL/CA, let me know. pmail me your last name and address, and will send.

FREE OF CHARGE!:goodvibes

( I am paying it forward. )
:goodvibes

Sorry I forgot about this thread. Hopefully you'll still pop in.

I'm not familiar with the cruise tickets. Most general admission tickets include the bus tour, express bus, and Skyfari tram... not sure if yours will or not? If not, you can purchase it for $10.

As far as what to see, be sure to check out the pandas first and foremost. We are one of only 4 zoos in the country that have them. We actually just welcomed a brand new panda baby! He/she will likely still be off-exhibit though when you come in October, but there are other pandas for you to see. Don't miss Elephant Odyssey or Polar Bears either. Those are crowd favorites.

Thank you both for your replies....we are super excited about the zoo and Mom has advised me that she will be taking it easy when we visit San Francisco so she will be in peak form for the zoo....looking forward to seeing the pandas and the elephants!!!!!!!

Camonkeygirl...I might just take you up on your offer....we are super excited about our cruise!!!!!!

Thank you both for your replies....we are super excited about the zoo and Mom has advised me that she will be taking it easy when we visit San Francisco so she will be in peak form for the zoo....looking forward to seeing the pandas and the elephants!!!!!!!

Camonkeygirl...I might just take you up on your offer....we are super excited about our cruise!!!!!!

We can set up a time to talk about the Zoo at the Dis meet. I will bring some things from work that will make it a bit easier for you and your Mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter